Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Movies Lost Season 6 in a week or so.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

I cannot wait for this.

Anyone else wanna enthuse with me?

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I stopped watching a long time ago, around when they got off the island the first time, I guess. Can you briefly tell me what happened since then?

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

I’m going to bumume that whoever read this isn’t clueless and is up to date with Lost, so don’t blame me if I spoil anything.

Oceanic Six get off island

Island starts skipping through time, causes deaths

Locke leaves island, causes skips to stop, people still on island are stuck in 1977

Locke convinces Oceanic Six to return

Ben kills Locke

They get on a flight thats going over the island, all but Sun and Ben are transported to 1977, Locke comes back to life

Two timelines take place now: 1977: All the survivors are living with the Dharma Initiative, 2008: Sun, Ben and the other crash survivors including Locke meet up with the natives. (Richard and co.)

1977: They theorise they can cancel out every event up to this point and continue their lives as normal if they detonate a hydrogen bomb to stop the Swan from every being built, which caused the plane to crash originally.

They succeed in detonating the bomb, but we have yet to see the result.

2008: Locke takes everyone to see Jacob, guided by Richard.

Ben kills Jacob under Locke’s orders, Locke is revealed to be a nemesis of Jacob from long ago.

That’s pretty much it. There’ll be bits I missed out, but those are the major plotpoints of Seaon 5. Screwed up, TELL ME ABOUT IT.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

dude i stopped watching after the first season thanks for ruining everything for me

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Oh you.

Orifice

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Vageena Davis Posted:

I stopped watching a long time ago, around when they got off the island the first time, I guess. Can you briefly tell me what happened since then?

Define briefly. I don’t really do “brief”, so here’s long… does that work for you?

And I’ve been pre-empted. By someone who did manage to be brief. I fail at life forever.

I’m guessing you mean the end of Season 4… don’t think they’ve gotten off the island any more times than that. (Exploding freighter, 6 of them on a helicopter, that the one you’re thinking of?)

Since then, the island started periodically jumping through time, taking the survivors that were left on the island with it, and there are various time travel shennanigans, but the recurring point is “what happened happened” – they can’t change anything in the past. Eventually Locke fixes the time jumps, but gets teleported to Tunisia in 2007 in the process. He tries to convince the other off-island people to go back (because getting them to go back is important to fix things before … some unspecified bad thing happens. He fails utterly and tries to commit suicide, Ben stops him but then murders him and makes it look like suicide (there was more in that scene that made that vaguely make sense)

Jack and Ben also try to convince people to go back to the island, and Locke being dead helps them do that, so they find out how to go back from mysterious-woman (same one as told Desmond about how he can’t change the future), and she’s also Daniel Faraday’s mother. bumorted coincidence puts the last couple of them on the same plane as the others, and that plane crashes them back onto the island.

Back on the island, after Locke fixed things the main survivors got time-flashed back to 1974, where they join the Dharma Initiative for three years. In the plane crash I just mentioned, the important characters get flashed back to 1977 and reunite with the ones in the DI. Sayid tries to kill young Ben in the past, but he just injures him. Jack refuses to help so Juliet has to take Ben to the Others for magic healing, which is probably what turned him into the weirdo bumhole type that Sayid was trying to get rid of in the first place.

After they got time-flashed off the plane, it carried on crashing onto the island, bringing some new people to the party, along with Ben and Sun and Frank. Locke’s body was in the cargo hold, and he’s come back to life to take over from Ben as the Others’ leader, and he also wants to kill Jacob. Some of the other random plane-people turn out to know more than we thought (I’m still fuzzy on the details of that group) but they burn down Jacob’s cabin, then show the rest of the group Locke’s body – it turns out that Locke really is dead, and what we thought was Locke was some sort of evil anti-Jacob disguised as Locke, but it’s too late – Locke’s already busy getting Ben to kill Jacob.

Back in 1977, the Dharma people are building the station that caused their plane crash at the beginning of the series, and Faraday says they need to destroy the time anomaly under the station when they drill into it, to prevent the original Incident that meant they had to have someone pushing a bumon every 108 minutes, so that the plane won’t crash in the first place, and everything will go back to normality. This kinda contradicts the “what happened, happened” thing, but no-one cares because he’s the crazy scientist who understands time, so he gets to make the rules. So they drop a nuke down a drill-shaft, but it fails to go off, the Incident starts happening and sucks Juliet down the shaft, she whacks the bomb with a rock and the screen goes to white-out for the end of the last episode.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

Orifice edited this message on 01/25/2010 3:00PM

Drakodan

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Orifice Posted:

Faraday says they need to destroy the time anomaly under the station when they drill into it, to prevent the original Incident that meant they had to have someone pushing a bumon every 108 minutes, so that the plane won’t crash in the first place, and everything will go back to normality. This kinda contradicts the “what happened, happened” thing

Sort of. He explains that because its their present, they can do whatever they want, and that he was wrong about “Whatever happened, happened”.

Of course, they could pull a mind**** and say in Season 6 that the hydrogen bomb WAS the Incident all along.

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

The writing thus far has been pretty deplorably. The show makes no sense and plot twists are defined by finding loopholes or defying fundamental laws of the universe. Overall, it’s probably the ****tiest thing I’ve ever watched.

I cannot wait.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!