Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 My little list of reasons I haven't started Episode 3 even though I have the pre-order peen.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

1. I am currently playing the Mother series. Already beat 2 (better known as Earthbound). It was a great easy RPG game.
2. Lag. All of you playing at the same time taking away all that server space. I’ll wait until the traffic lowers.
3. Hahahahaha I’m sure many of you already skipped your chances at one-time peens because you are so anxious of watching the ending sequence. Well when they get posted on the wiki I’ll get them though some of them I already know how to, because I tested the game Log in to see images!
4. 1212121212121212121212
5. speaking of e-peen, I’m pretty sure there’s no peen for being the first to beat ep 3/first permanoob/rere to beat it. And even if there was one, I wouldn’t get it because I am not oh so over powered and best equiment, technique, blahblablabla to be superfast and super obsessed with getting all that.
6. Enjoy your game. No, seriously enjoy it, the writters did a good job. Try and read the convos even if they seem too long.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I didn’t realize there was any lag Log in to see images!

I’ve been taking my time and playing through the game differently on all of my alts; believe it or not, I’m actually taking my time and trying to enjoy the Episode, and so far I’ve been pretty happy with it. If I’ve missed any e-Peens, it’s because I avoided chat options that didn’t sound like they matched my character’s alignment, for better or worse.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Heck, I was still able to play pretty much regularly that very same night during domination endgame. It went just as smotthly as any domination endgame. This was nothing like the horror that was the Episode 2 release…

All your other reasons are perfectly legit though. Enjoy your Mother Marathon.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

no one stopped to think how the hell would i know there was a lag if i haven’t played. Well there you go i just bumumed. derp.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

If there’s lag it wasn’t noticeable, I don’t think a ton of people are playing Episode III at once. It was released at a rather ill-opportune time, after the holidays and right at the beginning of midterm exams.

As for Mother, you call it easy? I was told of both games (?) by one of my juniors, it sounds amazingly awesome, but it’s played in three dimensions, right? Shouldn’t that make it more difficult than other tactical sci-fi games?

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

what mother are you talking about. I’m talking about Mother/Earthbound. Ness, Aliens, american kids fighting with bats ray guns and frying pans RPG. It’s a very easy RPG though it still feels amazing to play it.

so far the only hard thing I’ve found about it (Mother 3) is mastering the ****ing rhythm-combo thing goddamn it gets annoying and it’s hard.

ChilePepino edited this message on 01/23/2010 3:11AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Well Mother 1 was tricky if you lacked the good equipment and some levels, but Nes RPGs aren’t exactly known for being very friendly. Mother 2 was easy as cake (Especially with Multi-Bottle Rocket spam from Jeff) and Mother 3 is only hard if you play it on the hidden Hard mode which might have been put in there by the translation team (I forget Log in to see images!)

It can be a pain in the bum to get those rear view of some enemies though to complete the bestiary. At least until you can have Duster flip them around mid combat Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

mother 2 is really easy but on the other hand I do love leveling up constantly. It doesn’t give me time to start feeling frustrated. Also as much as I love other clbumic RPGs I ****ing ****ing HATE random encounters.

The last boss had me on the edge the whole time.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Mother 3 was hardcore. I cried over it, and I don’t cry over videogames much.

It’s truly a well-translated piece

King Cold

Avatar: 225310 2010-07-24 07:39:37 -0400

Level 4 Re-Re

MOD EDIT: Removed image.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

My reasons are:

1. I refuse to pay for it.

2. I am a beta tester and I refuse to pay for Episode 3.

3. The writing is masturbatory and juvenile.

4. “Hey lets name someone fart and comment on it! We are so self aware and real comedy writers.”

5. ”’Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac.’ It’s funny because we just repeat it over and over again. What are you talking about? Why would we ever need more than one joke?”

6. I would be more interested if JB wrote it all by himself. There has been a drop in quality since EPOne.

7. DId I mention how long winded it is? They took a **** and then decided to comment on every wrinkle.

8. Mediocrity abound.

9. Anyone want to be my Valentine? I should hold a contest.

10. Everything has been so much better when I stopped subscribing to threads.

11. I’ve ran out of steam for this. I eagerly await No More Heroes 2.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

One of the most beautiful things in Mother 2 though was that if there was no chance of you even being hit by simply hitting attack in a battle, they automatically let you win the fight. So many more games need that Log in to see images!

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

hey what do you know I agree with was, only I wasn’t a writer/beta tester/positive influence on anything/

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

lol I already played it in beta so I’m not bothering for quite a while Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

yeah farts and big mac where horrible that’s the comedy equivalent of stephanie meyer literature (I feel sad, very very sad, see my sad face thats how sad i feel).

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

ChilePepino Posted:

no one stopped to think how the hell would i know there was a lag if i haven’t played. Well there you go i just bumumed. derp.

There problem isn’t any lag because Evil Trout has put us on faster and/or more servers. And he has streamlined the gameplay to run smoother. Plus there are less people.

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

was Posted:

My reasons are:

1. I refuse to pay for it.

OK

was Posted:

2. I am a beta tester and I refuse to pay for Episode 3.

OK

was Posted:

3. The writing is masturbatory and juvenile.

May I ask which game you thought you were playing?

was Posted:

4. “Hey lets name someone fart and comment on it! We are so self aware and real comedy writers.”

There were no comedy writers involved. There may have been writers involved. Their number and self-awareness is debatable.

was Posted:

5. ”’Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac. Big Mac.’ It’s funny because we just repeat it over and over again. What are you talking about? Why would we ever need more than one joke?”

I, too, do not like hamburgers.

was Posted:

6. I would be more interested if JB wrote it all by himself. There has been a drop in quality since EPOne.

I don’t see a drop in quality; it seems mostly the same to me. Unfortunately, “more of the same” is often perceived as a drop in quality. I would agree if you had said there was a drop in continuity and cohesiveness. All of the above are extremely challenging to overcome in an episode-based format.

was Posted:

7. DId I mention how long winded it is? They took a **** and then decided to comment on every wrinkle.

I think many people agree that it became too wordy. How would you recommend game additions be approached in the future, given the IM-convo format around which the game and a majority of its content is built?

was Posted:

8. Mediocrity abound.

This is not a sentence.

was Posted:

9. Anyone want to be my Valentine? I should hold a contest.

You are on this site so much for a reason.

was Posted:

10. Everything has been so much better when I stopped subscribing to threads.

I do not know what this means.

was Posted:

11. I’ve ran out of steam for this. I eagerly await No More Heroes 2.

I do not know what this is, but your steam seems undiminished. You seem full of it, even!

Parlok

Avatar: 218776 2010-02-19 11:12:33 -0500

Level 69 Troll

Shepard of the Flock

Dude you need to get your cool ducky avatar back.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

parlok stop pranking me with your alts then. and bashy: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahah

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!