Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Toolbar with extra space is of little use without hotkeys.

Customized emotes – totally worth it. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

scully Posted:

Toolbar with extra space is of little use without hotkeys.

I so disagree with this. Especially on hackers.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

At this time, of course. After the game is completed, I will be shocked if high level players use a huge variety of attacks. The possibility would be there if pistachio crossed the 100 forum mark.

scully edited this message on 04/13/2011 10:56AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

scully Posted:

At this time, of course. After the game is completed, I will be shocked if high level players use a huge variety of attacks. The possibility would be there if pistachio crossed the 100 forum mark.

That’s possible. All I know is that on the highest-level forums during testing, I was switching back and forth a LOT as sensitivities changed.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

It’s a little annoying without hotkeys, but I’m going with banhammer on this one. I hit the point in beta where I started wanting to group my attacks by type, then by strength. With the larger toolbar, I may be relegated to the mouse for some forums, but I can do that. It’s easy enough to put all my strongest attacks for forums I can just 1-2-1-2 in the hotkey section, but it’s nice to not have to switch out everything on my toolbar for each forum that has different sensitivities.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

I’m going with banhammer on this one.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

listen to MCB, ya’ll.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

spacekadt Posted:

group my attacks by type, then by strength.

Did this. Most folk will, IMO.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

I possibly would get it because they included changing the smiley by your name

oh man, I would almost buy that separate. that should def be part of orange.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Is the smiley change definitely in FO? Also, some people are saying it’ll be 5 bucks, is that the real price or what people think is the price/would be willing to pay?

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

I like most of these features and I’ll be willing to pay for them depending on the pricing plan. I’m gonna save further judgment until then.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I have stayed away from this thread because I knew what it would turn into and have only “read” up to Rapedog, but I want to add something.

Whether they will admit it or not, or if in fact I am wrong, one thing will still be true. If they don’t find a way to increase “donations” there will not be a website at all. Grow up.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

new suggestion for orange: give us the option to “star” items, so they do not show up under kyoubai/ppwn shoppe. It’s hell wading through all the .moar files I have being careful not to see a rollover/battle .moar.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

was Posted:

I have stayed away from this thread because I knew what it would turn into and have only “read” up to Rapedog, but I want to add something.

Whether they will admit it or not, or if in fact I am wrong, one thing will still be true. If they don’t find a way to increase “donations” there will not be a website at all. Grow up.

This is the most competent post in this thread. I mean, the signs are everywhere: the site is getting tons of new players, hence hosting it costs more, CZ has been frantically dishing out new **** one can buy with bps for the past half a year or so (remember when wordfilters and emotes were something only CZ could do?), JB went back to his job as soon as he could reasonably do so (i.e. as soon as the ep 3 story was done). I recommend you all buy FWZ Orange as soon as you can, as it’s p obvious that without more support from us, the people enjoying this community, we can kiss FWZ goodbye.

Lol i sound like Noah. I’m all like REPENT SINNERS! THE END IS NIGH!

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

This is the most competent post in this thread. I mean, the signs are everywhere: the site is getting tons of new players, hence hosting it costs more, CZ has been frantically dishing out new **** one can buy with bps for the past half a year or so (remember when wordfilters and emotes were something only CZ could do?), JB went back to his job as soon as he could reasonably do so (i.e. as soon as the ep 3 story was done). I recommend you all buy FWZ Orange as soon as you can, as it’s p obvious that without more support from us, the people enjoying this community, we can kiss FWZ goodbye.

Lol i sound like Noah. I’m all like REPENT SINNERS! THE END IS NIGH!

I wouldn’t presume to speak for ET, but I don’t think it’s the case that bandwidth and hosting costs scale up 1:1 with new users. There’s a new host, it’s already paid for; the only incremental cost is maintenance on the hardware and bandwidth, so far as I know.

The issue is that ET would probably very much like to continue working on FWZ, but without some form of reasonably steady income, that can’t happen. I don’t think it’s the case that *more* is needed, just a *more steady* stream, if you catch the difference. ET can obviously speak for himself if need be, that’s just the way I see it.

ETA: I’ve run a business though, and I know from that that no matter what you do, there’s always somebody who knows how to do it better. Everybody is entitled to an opinion of course, but Christ, it’s bleeding obvious there’s some people here who’ve never had to wonder if their next paycheque would be enough to cover rent, never mind silly incidentals like “food”. Running your own small business is _very_ different from _any_ job where somebody else is giving you some guarantee of hours = money, even if that job sucks and the money is low. If you’ve never done it, try it some time. Most fun and most stressful 2.5 years of my life. And my business was making money. Usually.

kraigu edited this message on 01/25/2010 10:59AM

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

I had no intention or pretense of speaking for ET. The above port is pure speculation. Fact of the matter is that this site costs money to run, not to mention the fact that ET needs to eat and this is his main income source.

TL;DR: just quit whining that orange costs money.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

not to mention the fact that ET needs to eat and this is his main income source.

He could live off a liquid diet and vitamin supplements. Plus, doesn’t Canada have free health care? So, if he starts starving to death, he can just visit the hospital complaining of “severe stomach pains” and they’ll take him in and feed his bum a cheeseburger.

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, y’all. Pay for your ****. Otherwise, capitalism fails, and you make me cry.Log in to see images!

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

ITT Was, Swine, CoreyJess and I impersonate Ayn Rand.

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

ITT Was, Swine, CoreyJess and I impersonate Ayn Rand.

I don’t consider myself female or moronic. Thanks for ruining my day.

Brb, firing a bunch of people to make my life seem better by comparison.

Fortune Cook-
ie

Avatar: 222814 2009-12-12 16:13:59 -0500

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 2 Re-Re

Ancient Chinese Secret...

Fran Posted:

Raepdog Posted:

What the hell? Are we charging money now to make the game “more enjoyable”. I thought improving the game is part of, you know, the ****ing expectation of quality we have when we play a game. If the game has a problem, in its interface, it should be fixed and not have us charged to do so. Thats like ****ing ridiculous. It is utterly insulting to ask people who have put so much money in the game to put more money in, to make the game function smoother.

Extract all bumon? If the game causes you to have so many its a chore to extract them it should already have that bumon. Does Windows charge money for a “Select All Files” option, no, because that would be very special.

For a game to be free and on the internet, a game that requires people to sit and press 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 then at least make it as functional as possible. We should not have to pay for you to make the game user friendly.

This, this, and more of this.

Considering we’ve been asking for extended toolbars since EP1, having them delayed that much, and THEN expecting us to pay for it is borderline insulting. I can see the motivations for the TM quota and such, but not for stuff like more battle bars or an extract all .moars bumon.

“Better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot”

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

come on guys comment on my ide. it took me 5 seconds to come up with it IT WAS HARD WORK.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!