Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I agree with Kraigu. ET PAYS for server space to keep all of the tubmails we users have, what’s so wrong with making US pay for the server space we use? The other 2 things really don’t make the game easier/harder.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Raepdog Posted:

What the hell? Are we charging money now to make the game “more enjoyable”. I thought improving the game is part of, you know, the ****ing expectation of quality we have when we play a game. If the game has a problem, in its interface, it should be fixed and not have us charged to do so. Thats like ****ing ridiculous. It is utterly insulting to ask people who have put so much money in the game to put more money in, to make the game function smoother.

Extract all bumon? If the game causes you to have so many its a chore to extract them it should already have that bumon. Does Windows charge money for a “Select All Files” option, no, because that would be very special.

For a game to be free and on the internet, a game that requires people to sit and press 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 then at least make it as functional as possible. We should not have to pay for you to make the game user friendly.

This is why I Log in to see images!

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Raepdog Posted:

I thought improving the game is part of, you know, the ****ing expectation of quality

I would say that your expectations are nobody’s problem but your own.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

FAIL Posted:

can I have episode 3 for free yet? haha

seriously though, as much as everyone ****es about what they have to pay for there is a TON of stuff that everyone gets for free. nothing just magically appears on the site, people spend hours and hours creating, testing, retesting, and releasing everything you are using. Pay the 5 ****ing dollars to use it OR DON’T.

If I released a car with a steering wheel that could not be adjusted and said that, you need to pay us more money for that feature, people would flip ****. If they said hey more money for a new color, or more money for extra seating that is fine. But this is sorta hardcore nickle and diming.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

kraigu Posted:

I would say that your expectations are nobody’s problem but your own.

Yeah because you know, expecting quality and craftsmanship in something is a problem. I forgot that doing quality work is no longer part of doing work anymore.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Raepdog Posted:

If I released a car with a steering wheel that could not be adjusted and said that, you need to pay us more money for that feature, people would flip ****.

Agreed.

But what are you comparing this to?

A more apt analogy would be if you released a car without a built-in GPS, and people had to pay more for that.

Which happens all the time.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I will cede the point, though, that the expanded tool bar should not be part of Forumwarz Orange. People have been asking for it since Ep1.

Maybe in a restricted format (like 15 or 20 boxes) and keep the customizable length part of FO.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Agreed.

But what are you comparing this to?

A more apt analogy would be if you released a car without a built-in GPS, and people had to pay more for that.

Which happens all the time.

Um toolbars which are too small and barely functional on people who have the money for good computer screens is exactly like a steering wheel. They are needed to do things and need to be adjustable. My analogy is fine, yours is not.

The tubmail thing is a great idea for ET and is completely understandable, but things like the toolbar and more file extraction are things that are pretty much vital to thing game unless you want to spend hours clicking a white screen like a slack jaw moron. These are things that are not a bonus but an obligation if this game really wants to be good and win awards without having its users spam the ballot box.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

in a restricted format (like 15 or 20 boxes) and keep the customizable length part of FO.

Having more boxes or like two toolbars would be a really good idea for FO. Another good idea is to change the name to something that actually sounds cool. Protivate upped the bar that I expect from The Forumwarz Naming Department Jalapeno’s Bathroom Notepad.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

Um toolbars which are too small and barely functional on people who have the money for good computer screens is exactly like a steering wheel. They are needed to do things and need to be adjustable. My analogy is fine, yours is not.

FO wasn’t available during Ep3 testing. That means that I, along with a lot of other people, played through the whole game on multiple characters without having more than 10 slots in our toolbars. I found it at most mildly annoying, so I just don’t see the parallel between that and something which is essential.

Have you ever driven a car without power steering? I have. It was annoying, but I could still get places.

If you’re talking awards, though, that’s a different story, and there I will also cede your point.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Raepdog Posted:

If I released a car with a steering wheel that could not be adjusted and said that, you need to pay us more money for that feature, people would flip ****. If they said hey more money for a new color, or more money for extra seating that is fine. But this is sorta hardcore nickle and diming.

Uhh… you haven’t purchased a car recently, have you? Because you *do* pay more for an adjustable steering wheel.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

depends how much it costs. don’t like the tm limit though, i get the idea but to suddenly be over a limit i didn’t know i should try to stay under, well i guess its not the time to pay for it anyway. i like all my tm though, id rather have server taken away from other places before that, but that’s just me.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

also, i think making the auction thing part of orange is dumb. those just fill up the limit you have faster. id rather have there be some other way to get the item that didn’t involve getting tm in that case. i know you can delete them, but if you teeter near the message limit, it would be annoying to miss an actual message because of an auction.

I don’t like the tab function anyway, scripts do it better. Log in to see images!

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

FO wasn’t available during Ep3 testing. That means that I, along with a lot of other people, played through the whole game on multiple characters without having more than 10 slots in our toolbars. I found it at most mildly annoying, so I just don’t see the parallel between that and something which is essential.

Have you ever driven a car without power steering? I have. It was annoying, but I could still get places.

If you’re talking awards, though, that’s a different story, and there I will also cede your point.

Okay the idea that the toolbar is really really small on those with a big screen and those who have nice monitors should have to pay more is awful, it is them paying more so they can play the game comfortably. That is part of putting out a quality product to be proud of.

Sure we don’t need it but once again its just ****ty not to. Its just almost halfbuming the game which is just sorta sloppy, and then to say pay to have this feature, thats just wrong.

Having more slots is a great idea as a feature for us to pay more for. Things like that are what forumwarz orange should be about.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

I will cede the point, though, that the expanded tool bar should not be part of Forumwarz Orange. People have been asking for it since Ep1.

Maybe in a restricted format (like 15 or 20 boxes) and keep the customizable length part of FO.

This.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t know about anyone else, but I pay for major software upgrades for the programs I use and I pay for the “full” versions of games I really like. I don’t see how this is any different. Other than the ability to have unlimited TMs, nothing is being taken away from people who don’t want to pay anything. Bugs will still be fixed for everybody and there are other improvements that everybody can benefit from. But when you use a site so much that you feel like you really need these new features, maybe it’s only right that you kick a few bucks back to CZ and just pay for them.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

Okay the idea that the toolbar is really really small on those with a big screen and those who have nice monitors should have to pay more is awful, it is them paying more so they can play the game comfortably. That is part of putting out a quality product to be proud of.

Sure we don’t need it but once again its just ****ty not to. Its just almost halfbuming the game which is just sorta sloppy, and then to say pay to have this feature, thats just wrong.

Raepdog right after the above in the very same post Posted:

Having more slots is a great idea as a feature for us to pay more for. Things like that are what forumwarz orange should be about.

Okay, now I’m just confused. The first part sounds like you’re arguing against having to pay for more slots, and in the second part it sounds like you’re arguing FOR having to pay for more slots.

Maybe I’m just tired?

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

I don’t know you guys, but I’ll gladly make someone else pay for me to have FO. This is CZ’s work, and I don’t see why they should give it away for free. As it’s been stated before, it’s not like you CAN’T play the game without it.
As a wannabe artist, I also know the ****ty feeling of people thinking you work for free, and when you have the intention to charge them, they go “whoa dude, it’s JUST A DRAWING”.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Question that might make my mind about buying FW Orange:

Will we get a E-Peen?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Fran Posted:

Question that might make my mind about buying FW Orange:

Will we get a E-Peen?

seriously? you’d pay for a silly internet achievement but you wouldn’t pay for the time and work that went into developing something?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!