Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Dom Domination Season Ending: February 3rd

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Normally we’d end the Domination Season at the same time as the launch of a new Episode, but it’s far too late to do that.

I’ve decided to end the season on February 3rd, 2010 so that everyone has a full two weeks of pwning following the release of Episode 3.

Some people have noticed that Episode 3 is launching on a Wednesday. I am going to start launching it first thing in the morning and the hope is to have it up in the afternoon, leaving the evening clear for end of the round as normal. If I cannot do this, I will announce an extension well before the round ends.

Evil Trout edited this message on 01/14/2010 4:10PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The questions everyone will want answered:

1. Will the final week be a double medal week?

2. Will the new season start immediately following?

The comment:

If your intent is to allow people to play Episode 3 you have chosen the worst possible ending date for this season as people who are playing dom competitively will retain their streaks and not play Episode 3 until the season ends. They will then play out Episode 3, giving the new season a 3 – 4 week dead space where no one is playing at all.

The pretty please:

Don’t start the new season immediately following the end of the old season. Give it at least 3 weeks. When that happened after Episode 2 it set the whole season askew.

scully edited this message on 01/14/2010 3:37PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scully Posted:

The comment:

If your intent is to allow people to play Episode 3 you have chosen the worst possible ending date for this season as people who are playing dom competitively will retain their streaks and not play Episode 3 until the season ends. They will then play out Episode 3, giving the new season a 3 – 4 week dead space where no one is playing at all.

Same thing happened with Ep2, though… I don’t really see how we don’t start a new season immediately since the scores have to go *somewhere*

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

No, the new season was started and then 2 or 3 days into the new season Binge decided that the new season wasn’t starting until the following week. All it did was annoy those who had saved streaks for the new season while not giving enough time to actually finish Episode 2 to those who wanted to do that. Log in to see images!

The round still happened, people were still able to earn scoops that 1st week, but no medals were awarded.

Meh, maybe it doesn’t matter.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

scully Posted:

No, the new season was started and then 2 or 3 days into the new season Binge decided that the new season wasn’t starting until the following week. All it did was annoy those who had saved streaks for the new season while not giving enough time to actually finish Episode 2 to those who wanted to do that. Log in to see images!

The round still happened, people were still able to earn scoops that 1st week, but no medals were awarded.

Meh, maybe it doesn’t matter.

I’m trying to remember why this happened. Probably because so many bugs were introduced with Ep2 that we needed to throw a a week of bugged visits away?

I’m planning on going right into the new season this time. If there are major bugs with Ep3 (I hope not!) there are two weeks to recover.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Evil Trout Posted:

edit: Final round will be a double medal week as always!

Gah, last season had no double medals with good reason. It’s just unfair as overpowered as pistachio streaks are for everybody who doesn’t have a good streak and the announcement is to short term to build a new streak. Log in to see images!

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Evil Trout Posted:

Final round will be a double medal week as always!

Last Dom season didn’t have double medals in the final round why was that?

E: just wondering why it was “as always” when it wasn’t last season

SanDyk edited this message on 01/14/2010 3:59PM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I see no reason not to start the new season immediately after this one. being 3-4 weeks behind at the start of a season doesn’t stop anyone from reaching the top, hell I prefer to wait a month or two before even starting just as a break between seasons and I’m in the top 3 Brackets quickly enough.

I also see no reason we can’t end the season this week but oh well, whatever. But as far as Double Medal week is concerned, last season wasn’t a double medal final week since it made the last week a “winner takes all” kind of deal. Once again I advise against it.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Aw **** we didn’t do double medals last time? So annoying! I thought we always did!

Okay what do you guys think?

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

No double medals. They almost exclusively reward those who haven’t bothered playing.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

scully Posted:

No double medals. They almost exclusively reward those who haven’t bothered playing.

echoing this… even though I’m one of them Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Me too. lol Log in to see images!

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

I vote yes on double medals. I don’t see the harm in it

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

ERECTILE_DEATH Posted:

I vote yes on double medals. I don’t see the harm in it

Here’s how it tends to go – and I’ll use me as a real example:

I’m at 8 medals for the season without playing a whole hell of a lot. I tend to play the strategy of finishing a streak, not playing for a few weeks to drop into lower brackets and build my streak. Pull a tie or two when I’m finishing the 60 streak to bump me into the upper brackets, hit my 100 streak and pull another medal or two. That’s probably 3 or 4 medals right there. I think I’ve run three streaks this entire dom season.

Now let’s say we have double medals. I have the chance to set myself up for a decent last week with three week’s notice. I might pull 1 or 2 medals in the meantime, but ideally, I’m gonna bide my time, not get anything and slip even lower into a ties bracket. Pull my best streak possible and get up to 6 medals for it, making my season total up to 14.

Now I’ve blasted by all except for a few people that HAVE been playing every week and worked their bumes off to get where they are.

Some people are ok with that, some aren’t. But that’s what double medals does.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Amasius Posted:

Gah, last season had no double medals with good reason. It’s just unfair as overpowered as pistachio streaks are for everybody who doesn’t have a good streak and the announcement is to short term to build a new streak. Log in to see images!

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

Amasius Posted:

I agree

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

I would vote yes for double medals. I’m kinda new, so I’m still not all that great at dom. 6 medals so far, and I’ve only done one of those streak things. I wouldn’t say I’m someone who barely plays, I just pwn all the forums I can to keep a streak going while still trying to level. It would be nice to have a chance at an extra medal if my timing is right. Makes it a lil more exciting because of the double reward.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I’m gonna have to go with no on double medals.It really seems like a big middle finger to the people who’ve spent all season working for medals, just to end on a bad streak, and lose it all. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

I’m convinced: NO DOUBLE MEDALS.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m convinced: NO DOUBLE MEDALS.

So… triple medals then?

The more bumhurt the better, IMO.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!