Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help D&D Rogue Build

Styzzyx

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

Hey, guys! I have a Lvl. 4 Elven Rogue in my weekly D&D game, and I can’t decide what I should do. Should I go pure rogue for the skills, multi in bumbumin for poison and spells, or multi in fighter for the bonus feats I could use? (leaning toward fighter)

If it helps, my stats are as follows: 15 STR, 21 DEX, 14 CON, 18 INT, 15 WIS, and 16 CHA. I’m an elf, and I took the feats Combat Expertise and Improved Feint; I’m a melee build. I’ve got a rapier and a +2 Longsword I managed to nab from a store, and a pair of Slippers of Spiderclimbing my DM ruled that once they activate, they stay on for 10 minutes then shut off *grumble*. I’ve maxed oout (7 ranks in) the basic thief skills: Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, and Use Rope. (kinky)

It’s obviously a 3.5 game, but our DM is ruling nothing from any books other than Player’s Handbook, DMG, or MM. D: Any help would be appreciated, I don’t want to suck.

P.S. I really, REALLY suck at rolling. D: Also, I’m secretly Lawful Evil.

Mister Pugs

Avatar: 218412 2010-01-02 02:22:05 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 54 Emo Kid

I love everyone ITT

Put 5 points in pistols to unlock shotguns

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Mister Pugs Posted:

Put 5 points in pistols to unlock shotguns

If you’re not going to be helpful and stay on topic, then don’t bother posting.

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

You nerds need to stop playing games and get to more important work. Like inventing a machine that cuts the energy I spend in beating you up in half. That **** gets tiring.

ERECTILE_DEATH was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Styzzyx Posted:

Hey, guys! I have a Lvl. 4 Elven Rogue in my weekly D&D game, and I can’t decide what I should do. Should I go pure rogue for the skills, multi in bumbumin for poison and spells, or multi in fighter for the bonus feats I could use? (leaning toward fighter)

If it helps, my stats are as follows: 15 STR, 21 DEX, 14 CON, 18 INT, 15 WIS, and 16 CHA. I’m an elf, and I took the feats Combat Expertise and Improved Feint; I’m a melee build. I’ve got a rapier and a +2 Longsword I managed to nab from a store, and a pair of Slippers of Spiderclimbing my DM ruled that once they activate, they stay on for 10 minutes then shut off *grumble*. I’ve maxed oout (7 ranks in) the basic thief skills: Bluff, Disable Device, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, and Use Rope. (kinky)

It’s obviously a 3.5 game, but our DM is ruling nothing from any books other than Player’s Handbook, DMG, or MM. D: Any help would be appreciated, I don’t want to suck.

P.S. I really, REALLY suck at rolling. D: Also, I’m secretly Lawful Evil.

I’d advise adding 2 levels of Fighter. That gets you two bonus Feats, which can be a big help. Take Weapon Finesse if you plan to stick with the rapier. That would give you an immediate +3 to hit with the Rapier, and try to swap out that +2 longsword for an equivalent rapier ASAP.

As far as missing out on Skill Points, you’ll recover soon enough when you get back to Rogue. The only problem you’re going to face is the XP penalty for using non-favored clbumes, since the favored clbum for elves is wizard.

Styzzyx

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

Thanks for a serious post, Sarge. I was already thinking that way to begin with, but that extra +1d6 sneak attack, poison use and spells could be pretty useful… however, it’s likely this game won’t go for too long, so what the hell.

Btw, thanks for banning the douche, I hate it when people don’t mind their own friggin’ business.

Styzzyx

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

Guess what?! My rogue DIED! DX However, I’ve rolled up a sorceress so we have a blaster. However, another member of our party may not be coming anymore due to his jackbumery and not willing to pay for gas money, so I may also be running yet ANOTHER rogue.

This time around, he’s a halfling, and he’s got a level 3 bag of holding. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!