Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Teh Drama domfabulous personry @ fwz admin ppl

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

handofg0d Posted:

Theme week aside they can at least “announce” a season end. Surely that proves no risk to the server Log in to see images!

Yeah… I forgot about that part of the post… that’s what happens when I rely on my memory Log in to see images! Totally with the rest of the crowd on that one!

Amasius Posted:

Sure, ET doesn’t have time for dom atm but once E3 is released and all bugs are fixed everything should be ready so that he just has to code whatever Bingebot and us domfabulous persons in the dom advisory board have planned. To bad that bingebot disappeared and the dom advisory board is dead for months now, so if Bingebot hasn’t worked out something on his own in his coffin a lot of time is wasted. Log in to see images!

I’m not saying any of the OP is a bad idea… you know me better than that. I’m just trying to consider all the aspects. In a way, it sucks that the advisory board died the way it did and as quickly as it did. It would be good to have a jumping off point for when the focus does turn to dom.

On the other hand, playing dom despite the degree of monotony has given at least some of us a fairly fresh perspective on dom. I know it has for me, anyway.

Don’t get me wrong – yes, I want a season end date. I want raids to be fixed. I want dom to be fun again. I guess I’m just coming at it from a slightly different angle. Log in to see images!

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Bill the Butcher Posted:

Ok, here’s a crazy thought: maybe this organization hinges too much on one person? If ET falls under a bus tomorrow, or all of a sudden decided to quit civilization altogether and go live in the Andes mountains, is that the end of CZ?

I know its a pretty small outfit and hiring another programmer costs money, but business sustainability is business sustainability.

TL;DR: If ET is too busy find someone else to do it.

This actually scares me a little bit.

On a different note, yes, I’d very much like to know when dom season will end.

Also, I think the monotony of dom at this point has turned a lot of new players away from playing it.

Joseph of Suburbia edited this message on 01/11/2010 7:42PM

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I’m not great with subtext…did Bill the Butcher just threaten to murder ET?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Hire another person? Do you people actually think you donate enough to suggest the things you are suggesting? Living wage for Toronto is 35k a year. CZ needs about $100 a day to support 1 person at the rate. That of course doesn’t include game maintenance costs.

The timing on this is ridiculously unreasonable.

The single dom priority right now, the only thing reasonable to ask, is that CZ let people know when the season is ending (odds are solid for release of Ep 3 based on past) and then announce in advance that the new season will not be starting for several weeks to give people time to play Episode 3.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

scully Posted:

Hire another person? Do you people actually think you donate enough to suggest the things you are suggesting? Living wage for Toronto is 35k a year. CZ needs about $100 a day to support 1 person at the rate. That of course doesn’t include game maintenance costs.

The timing on this is ridiculously unreasonable.

The single dom priority right now, the only thing reasonable to ask, is that CZ let people know when the season is ending (odds are solid for release of Ep 3 based on past) and then announce in advance that the new season will not be starting for several weeks to give people time to play Episode 3.

Who are you calling You People?

I think that Amasius made a valid suggestion that doing the prep work on what needs to be fixed can and should be done now with the understanding that nothing will be implemented until after Episode 3.

Daniel Plain-
view

Avatar: 88291 Thu Apr 23 15:39:59 -0400 2009

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 47 Emo Kid

I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.

scully Posted:

Living wage for Toronto is 35k a year.

So hire somebody in Mumbai… Or train someone else in CZ to do it… Whatever, as long as you balance the risk.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

I don’t understand why this thread got derailed so much.

BT proposed 4 things:

– fixed dom season rotation

– theme weeks comeback

– <some new e-peen>

– CZ paying attention to Dom forum

I’m damn sure theme weeks are enabled/disabled in the admin console. The interface is already preset, no coding required. Not at all. All it takes is a gentle click on the mouse bumon. Starting/Finishing new dom season is another click in admin console, plus some minor time to hand out the peens, which is again JB’s job, not ET’s, not to mention this is not something really urgent to do. New <domfabulous person> or whatever e-peen too.

Major Dom advancements and Dom Advisory Board require ET’s attention of course, but three out of four BT’s props could be done in no time. So what’s the problem?

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

lol i drunk posted this last night and now it’s all srs. Log in to see images!

you guys remember that whole hour binge spent with us in irc back in like july or something? many of you manage to hold full time jobs and still have time to play 5 alts in dom every week so i really wanna know what binge’s excuse is. if he doesn’t want to do it anymore, that’s fine, just get someone else. like Malaise. the domfabulous persons who have posted in this thread probably represent like 1000 or more dollars that have been paid to CZ mainly for the creation of new alts and such to play dom with and it’s kinda ****ty that we’re virtually ignored.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

wtfmcnuggets Posted:

the domfabulous persons who have posted in this thread probably represent like 1000 or more dollars that have been paid to CZ mainly for the creation of new alts and such to play dom with and it’s kinda ****ty that we’re virtually ignored.

1k dollars is like nothing when it comes to paying people ****. and i think it’s quite clear that CZ favors newbies who put in a few bucks for the cheats or episodes over longtimers who repeatedly donate lots.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inconnu Posted:

I’m damn sure theme weeks are enabled/disabled in the admin console. The interface is already preset, no coding required. Not at all. All it takes is a gentle click on the mouse bumon. Starting/Finishing new dom season is another click in admin console, plus some minor time to hand out the peens, which is again JB’s job, not ET’s, not to mention this is not something really urgent to do. New <domfabulous person> or whatever e-peen too.

Not going through the rest of the thread right now… or even the rest of the points since it’s my roomie’s bday and people will be here in minutes.

I talked to ET earlier today and “some of them are, some of them aren’t” is the answer I got when I asked him if it was simple click to turn on/off theme weeks.

It’s really better to not bumume what the admins can/can’t do “with the click of a bumon” since things that may not ever be re-used don’t often deserve to have an interface built. That and you really don’t know what the database looks like behind the scenes.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

spacekadt Posted:

It’s really better to not bumume what the admins can/can’t do “with the click of a bumon” since things that may not ever be re-used don’t often deserve to have an interface built. That and you really don’t know what the database looks like behind the scenes.

Dear Spacekadt. Probably unlike you, some players have a really extensive experience in administrating multiple gaming projects and even possess some development skills. Such knowledge (and of course, the very common sense) helps players in building bumumptions sometimes, which, as referred to ET’s answer you quoted, sometimes come out true. Some of the Dom enhancements are indeed really easy to implement – that was exactly my point as stated.

Also, despite I really appreciate your loyalty to CZ, I would like to mention that players ultimately possess the right to have their own opinions and even share it sometimes in a threads like this. On the other hand, any game administration has a right to either respond to such opinions or not. I respect this right and naturally won’t be offended in case ****tard’s (and many others) opinions would not lead to any practical implementation.

****tard

Avatar: 164527 2010-01-24 16:15:19 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 37 Camwhore

moo

i Log in to see images!

everything he says makes perfect sense to me.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Hi Spacey, how is being the Devil’s Advocate working out for you?

Personally I’d be a little miffed if they had a Theme Week so soon after Episode 3 opens since I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it. I’d be starting with Episode 3 and have no streak pretty soon…

Didn’t they say though that they would have the Dom season end timed with the Launch of Episode 3? Oh hey! Launch is on the 20th which is a Wednesday! I guess everyone better get out their dueling gloves because it is officially on to get those season peen before the end now.

Lets face it, they wouldn’t want to have the end right after launch so as not to aggravate players. At least… I wouldn’t…

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

So does the season end next week or not? Does next dom week end on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

See my objection is not that they don’t make domination a priority, it is that they treat the domination playing community with complete contempt. Every season, again and again, we ask to be told well in advance when the seasons will end so that we can employ some basic strategy. Every season it comes out of left field.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

My money is it ends at normal Dom end time on the 20th which is the Wednesday, then the site goes down until they get Episode 3 up which also starts the next Dom season.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inconnu Posted:

Dear Spacekadt. Probably unlike you, some players have a really extensive experience in administrating multiple gaming projects and even possess some development skills. Such knowledge (and of course, the very common sense) helps players in building bumumptions sometimes, which, as referred to ET’s answer you quoted, sometimes come out true. Some of the Dom enhancements are indeed really easy to implement – that was exactly my point as stated.

And some of us, despite knowing how databases work, know that people design things differently. Some of us have seen people get really ****ing sick and tired of people bumuming that things are simple when they aren’t. Some of us have been around for said rants about said subjects. Some of us are clued into the fact that bumumptions are often wrong and that unless you have first hand knowledge or have *seen* the way things work with your own two eyes, that you really don’t know anything for a fact. You’re making a guess. Some of them are, yes. And I said as much. Some of them aren’t.

Inconnu Posted:

Also, despite I really appreciate your loyalty to CZ, I would like to mention that players ultimately possess the right to have their own opinions and even share it sometimes in a threads like this. On the other hand, any game administration has a right to either respond to such opinions or not. I respect this right and naturally won’t be offended in case ****tard’s (and many others) opinions would not lead to any practical implementation.

I suggest you look up the definitions of “bumumption”, “opinion” and “fact”. While fact doesn’t exactly apply here, what you’re stating is very definitely not opinion. It’s an bumumption – one that has some basis in fact, some is horribly wrong.

Please notice: nowhere did I say that I disagree with ****tard. I think she has good suggestions and I agree with them. I just think the timing is wrong for some of them. My response that you’re taking such issue with has nothing to do with her suggestions, it’s with this exact quote:

Inconnu Posted:

I’m damn sure theme weeks are enabled/disabled in the admin console. The interface is already preset, no coding required. Not at all. All it takes is a gentle click on the mouse bumon.

You don’t know that to be fact. Stop presenting it as such. You want to say “Hey ET, you really should have foreseen the need to make that an option for yourself,” then that’s fine. That’s an opinion that you have every right to and whether I agree or not is completely out of the picture. When you say “no coding requred. Not at all.” that’s no longer opinion. You’re presenting that as a fact – whether true or not.

Dunatis Posted:

Hi Spacey, how is being the Devil’s Advocate working out for you?

It’s one of my favorite games. Especially when it coincides with my real opinions Log in to see images!

Dunatis Posted:

Didn’t they say though that they would have the Dom season end timed with the Launch of Episode 3? Oh hey! Launch is on the 20th which is a Wednesday! I guess everyone better get out their dueling gloves because it is officially on to get those season peen before the end now.

Unfortunately, no. That’s a lot of what has everyone so frustrated right now… there’s no decided end of the current season. With ep2’s release, they ended the season so it kinda makes sense that they’d end the season for the ep3 release, but we’re a week away and there’s no announcement. Last season end, Binge finally figured out that we need more than a week’s notice to get ourselves set up the way we want to be for season end. Putting both of those together kinda contradict each other so, yeah, confusion. I’ll poke ET today and see if Binge has said anything about season end. It’d be good to know – that’s for sure. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

We dropped the ball on Domination.

There, I said it.

I feel bad about it, but I hope you guys understand that we have a very small team here. We have approximately 1.5 full time employees (Myself and JB for about 6 months a year) and this is a large, constantly moving site.

The rest of the work is done largely by volunteers or people who are willing to work for the change we can scrape up, and we really appreciate it. (I think when you guys see how much quality content there is in Ep3 you’ll appreciate it too!_)

The major problem with volunteer work is you can’t really force people to do it. Sometimes people start doing it enthusiastically, but then quickly lose steam. This can happen for many reasons, from obligations in their personal lives to just plain losing interest.

Running a site like this might seem easy on the outside, but you’d be amazed how much work it is just to stay on top of your volunteers. We have to trust the people who work with us — we don’t have time to apply pressure constantly and remind people of their own deadlines because we’re so busy just doing the jobs we don’t really have enough time to do in the first place!

Now I don’t want to upset anyone when I say this, but since there was speculation on the bottom line: Episode 2 has by FAR been our most profitable product. We’ve spent a lot of time and money developing Episode 3, and it’s important to release it just to keep our heads above water. Yes, I agree that Dominations failings hurt our bottom line, but not nearly as much as delaying a new Episode.

So where do we go from here? Episode 3 is almost out the door. There will be some support that follows that, since last minute bugs are always found even following a long Beta period. After that, we are going to re-evaluate our priorities, and I promise Domination will be high on that list.

I’m also interested in improving the process — why was it that after a week or two of Domination enhancements most people felt the game was worse?

How can we have more themes? How can we have seasons end on a regular and predictable time frame?

So the tl;dr version is: I’m sorry it’s been broken for so long, but the major product that’s gotten in its way is almost done, so it won’t be much longer. As for the end date, I’m posting a new thread about that now.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

thanks for replying and announcing an end date to the season. congrats on getting ep 3 done, and i’m happy that you plan on addressing domination next.

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m also interested in improving the process — why was it that after a week or two of Domination enhancements most people felt the game was worse?

you mean the gameplay enhancements? i’ve been around for over a year now and i don’t recall any dom enhancements. unless you mean this list, most of which still has not been implemented, besides the new lemon which i think we all appreciate. the other gameplay enhancements just make a tedious task more annoying imo. sure it makes the gameplay more interesting, but typically once people start playing dom, the fun of pwning forums has p much been exhausted. but whatever, the true problem lies with vanilla, because it takes forever to do a solo raid now.

How can we have more themes? How can we have seasons end on a regular and predictable time frame?

plenty of themes already exist. all you really need to do is say “hey guys, next week is a theme week!” then choose one of the themes you already have coded, and during the dom blackout, implement that code. and poof! more theme weeks. before the last two seasons, i believe dom seasons lasted 20 weeks. seems like a reasonable amount of time. if you don’t like 20, decide on another number, announce it and stick with it.

klan vanilla is a fun aspect of dom. it brings people together and removes a lot of the monotony of the solo vanilla raid. there are lots of ideas in the domination advisory board forum as to how this could be fixed. perhaps if we had another “raiders of the lost scoops” theme week, and people tried raiding in the current conditions, we’d generate more ideas about how to fix klan vanilla.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I think ET is referring to the last major dom changes which introduced the Stray Bullet and neutered klan vanilla for anyone not abusing the bug that was allowing WeChall to continue raiding.

To answer ET, I believe the reason everyone felt it was worse is because the solution offered was the extreme opposite of overpowered klan vanilla – completely useless klan vanilla. A middle ground was what the majority of vocal players were asking and it seemed odd that the restrictions went so far overboard. The timing of it was made worse by the strengthening of the pistachio streak, which created a situation where if you weren’t high end of your streak there wasn’t much point in playing.

Malaise

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

Malaise Posted:

I’m not sure how to react to this ****tard.

Of course I agree with everything you have said here but if your post gets action after mine was completely ignored I think that might cause me to become even more bitter than I already am. If such a thing is still possible.

I already have The Evil Trout Hate Club peen, where do I go from here?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!