Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun Bayonetta. Holy ****.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

Ummmm. Well. Uhhhh.

I dismissed this game completely at first. “lol an action game with a hot, sbumy chick who has magical powers lololololol *turns up elitist nose*” Then. “Oh wait, it’s by Platinum Games AKA Ex-Clover Team AKA Okami, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, Mad World.” “Oh wow, the designer behind Devil May ****ing Cry is on the team for this game. Huh. I **** on my earlier cynicism.”

I’m a huge, I mean HUGE Devil May Cry fan. I love how very special the whole story of each game is, love how it doesn’t give a single crap about making much sense, and just does a bunch of ridiculous **** for the hell of it. Not even mentioning the generally satisfying, hard-as-**** and deep gameplay which rewards experimentation with different combos, styles, and customization.

BAYONETTA MAKES DEVIL MAY CRY’S STUPIDLY AWESOME ACTION SEQUENCES LOOK BLAND. I AM NOT KIDDING.

I’ve only played 2 levels so naturally I’m not too deep into the combo elements & various weapon types like I was in DMC3, but right from the get-go you have a ****load of different attacks available, far more than your average DMC game. It’s not quite as difficult YET (ie. haven’t met any Cerberus-equivalent yet for those who remember that ****er), but it’s very well balanced.

I’m going to show you guys 4 videos. Keep in mind, these videos are all the PROLOGUE, this is before the game EVEN PROPERLY STARTS.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

this scene made me laugh like hell from about 45 seconds in until you start playing

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

more gameplay and general stupidity

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

some more story (lol) and a silly minigame which is tougher than it looks

horsemale reproductive organ do-
t mpeg

Avatar: 212774 2009-10-28 10:04:26 -0400

[Arse Ticklers fabulous persons Fanclub]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Game looks amazing. Girl looks hot.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

MUST BUY GAME RIGHT HERE

That’s really all that needs to be said.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

just played the first five verses and holy **** wow.

Essex-Tacy

Avatar: 125122 2010-01-07 12:47:31 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 51 Hacker

“Perl Diva”

So the game has pretty much been purchased for fappage, Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

i just beat the game a few days ago

as a mbumive hack-’n-slash fan, I have to make a statement.

This game is around as good as, if not BETTER than Devil May Cry 3.

IMO DMC3 is one of the best hack-’n-slashes/action-adventures/whatevers ever made, due to its EXCELLENT combat system which rewards skillful and tactical gameplay and variation of combos as opposed to spamming the same move or two over and over, awesome boss fights & music, and the fact that the whole game is essentially saying “lol yeah i’m an action game **** stories they’re for fabulous persons HEY LOOK EXPLOSIONS AND RIDICULOUS **** WOOP WOOP” in the best possible way.

(on that note, I think God of War is way overrated just for the record)

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

God of War 1 + 2 are amongst my favorite games ever. Will I like this?

Rad-X

Avatar: 222202 2010-01-20 18:57:34 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 38 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

From what I’ve heard of Bayonetta, it’s Devil May Cry + half-naked Librarian chick who’s outfit is made of her own hair. Had a female friend who was playing it tell me there’s not a sentence said in the entire game that doesn’t include a sexual innuendo of some kind.

If you want a game that puts sex first, and game second, then play Bayonetta. If you want a game that puts brutality first, second and third then play God of War.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Evil Trout Posted:

It’s always 1-2-1-2 with you.

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Evil Trout Posted:

Hmmm, hard to say. I’ll confess straight up I prefer DMC’s level-based gameplay, where you can replay sections of the game (and particularly boss fights) without having to play through again or create a crapload of saves, get ranked according to your performance, and scored based on difficulty (and mixing up) of combos. Bayonetta is essentially Angel May Cry, same style of game but with a few important differences in terms of mechanics.

God of War I found pretty enjoyable, but nowhere near the unfallible killer app people laud it as. Then again I’m a bit of an elitist, I could dedicate a thread to why I prefer one or the other, but I’ll summarize.

Bayonetta is WAY more unforgiving than God of War. You WILL lose, and you will lose badly. A lot. The combat is deeper than GoW’s IMO with a lot more combos and techniques available (which you are scored and ranked many times per level on your use of), and you have most of the important moves (but not weapons) from the start. It doesn’t have the same ‘epic saga’ feel to it that a GoW game has IMO (though there are lots of epic moments throughout), and though Bayonetta’s pretty violent it’s nowhere NEAR as gory as GoW. It doesn’t take itself seriously at all either, so if you’re looking for a deep story, look elsewhere.

If you like hack-and-slashes/action-adventures in general, want something that will challenge the hell out of you, give you a very specially good time, and you don’t give a **** about story I’d say a big yes, but if you want something more along the lines of God of War (and don’t mind it being several parts Legend of Zelda), I highly recommend Darksiders.

Honestly though you can’t really go wrong with either of those IMO, I can guarantee you’ll probably like it, just don’t expect the same as from God of War Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

Rad-X Posted:

From what I’ve heard of Bayonetta, it’s Devil May Cry + half-naked Librarian chick who’s outfit is made of her own hair. Had a female friend who was playing it tell me there’s not a sentence said in the entire game that doesn’t include a sexual innuendo of some kind.

lol yeah pretty much. Log in to see images!

Rad-X Posted:

If you want a game that puts sex first, and game second, then play Bayonetta. If you want a game that puts brutality first, second and third then play God of War.

No. No no no no and again no. People miss the point. Bayonetta’s constant sexual displays and bad smutty one-liners are just like Dante’s ridiculous posturing: silly stuff intended to be humorous and part of the overall delightful ridiculousness of the game, NOT the focus. Underneath all the glitz and insanity lies a downright enjoyable and excellent game. Bayonetta, like DMC, is a game that KNOWS it’s a just a game (and not trying to pbum itself off as An Experience like so many big titles), and proceeds to have a stupid good time being just that.

It’s easy to dismiss it as yet another cash-in on sad geeks at face value. I did the same at first, until I saw Platinum Games (aka Clover Team, aka Viewtiful Joe, Okami, God Hand, Mad World) were behind it, and the designer behind the DMC series was on the team. Figured I’d try it. Was NOT disappointed.

Rad-X

Avatar: 222202 2010-01-20 18:57:34 -0500

[WeChall]

Level 38 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Something_Witty Posted:

It’s easy to dismiss it as yet another cash-in on sad geeks at face value. I did the same at first, until I saw Platinum Games (aka Clover Team, aka Viewtiful Joe, Okami, God Hand, Mad World) were behind it, and the designer behind the DMC series was on the team. Figured I’d try it. Was NOT disappointed.

Ahh that’s cool, thanks for enlightening me. Too bad there’s already a ****tonne of games coming out that will be taking my money: Dragon Age: Origins (currently playing), Modern Warfare 2 (currently playing MP), Bioshock 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, God of War III and Yakuza 3 (when it ****ing gets around to be released in PAL regions) ^^

Olaf the hobo

[The Airship]

Level 18 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

games good. i’ve beat it and i’ve been replaying to get the costumes and other stuff. hard is a ****Log in to see images!

Something_Wi-
tty

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

no caption necessary

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!