Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Whores How fast can you possibly accrue scoops/cards?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Heh, sorry… fixed.

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

LOL, you win the internet!

sorry, no, you can’t give it back

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Piglet Posted:

LOL, you win the internet!

sorry, no, you can’t give it back

No need, Evil Trout just kicked over our sand castle.

MySpace Tom

Level 18 Camwhore

WeChall FOR LIFE

Evil Trout sure is mean.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Acid Flux Posted:

The 12-11-12 exploit was only distributed to a ‘select group’ when it first came out.

What exploit? I thought that was an intentional game mechanic, not a bug.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

What exploit? I thought that was an intentional game mechanic, not a bug.

I consider an exploit to either be a bug or an intentional ‘hidden’ mechanic. And only the programmer can say which is which after the fact.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Vanilla_Scoops/1

The first version of the Vanilla Scoop page on the wiki, written by Evil Trout, mentions the tactic. This was up long before even the first major raid. I remember being surprised that nobody knew about it, since I’d seen it in the wiki before ever playing Domination.

So yeah, not exactly a hidden mechanic.

Sancdar edited this message on 04/03/2008 12:32PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

It’s a matter of semantics, not really worth a debate, ya know?

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

A matter of semantics? My point is that you threw out a stupid example to defend yourself, not that your terminology sucks. If you want to keep calling intentional/disclosed game mechanics exploits, go for it.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

So yeah, not exactly a hidden mechanic.

You don’t remember the ‘puzzle thread’?

Sancdar Posted:

A matter of semantics? My point is that you threw out a stupid example to defend yourself, not that your terminology sucks. If you want to keep calling intentional/disclosed game mechanics exploits, go for it.

The difference between an approved exploit and an unapproved exploit is one is called a game mechanic and one is called a bug. It’s semantics.

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/03/2008 2:17PM

Sir Tasnica

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I agree that the “puzzle thread” was a bit over the top, but keep in mind that most Klans already had a pretty good idea of how it was done.

More relevantly, our “exploit” was directly shared with Evil Trout practically as soon as we discovered it (if not immediately, then at the latest it was after our first raid which earned an astonishing 24 scoops). He gave it his complete approval, and it was only later when a lot of organization and work pushed the potential of raids higher and higher that a nerf became necessary. We were not the only ones who knew about it, nor indeed were we the only Klan actively raiding.

Then there’s your “exploit”, which Evil Trout removed as soon as it came to his attention. That’s what I consider to be the difference between an approved “exploit” (though I’d hardly call it an exploit since Evil Trout admitted that he intended for Klans to earn Vanilla in that matter) and an unapproved exploit.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

The puzzle thread had nothing to do with raiding in any real manner (weren’t the answers all Tubmail?), and didn’t change the fact that the 12-11-12 technique was listed by a developer in the closest thing to a manual that the game has.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Sir Tasnica Posted:

I agree that the “puzzle thread” was a bit over the top, but keep in mind that most Klans already had a pretty good idea of how it was done.

More relevantly, our “exploit” was directly shared with Evil Trout practically as soon as we discovered it (if not immediately, then at the latest it was after our first raid which earned an astonishing 24 scoops). He gave it his complete approval, and it was only later when a lot of organization and work pushed the potential of raids higher and higher that a nerf became necessary. We were not the only ones who knew about it, nor indeed were we the only Klan actively raiding.

Then there’s your “exploit”, which Evil Trout removed as soon as it came to his attention. That’s what I consider to be the difference between an approved “exploit” (though I’d hardly call it an exploit since Evil Trout admitted that he intended for Klans to earn Vanilla in that matter) and an unapproved exploit.

A) This bug had been reported previously, multiple times.

B) The Klan reported it as soon as it became common knowledge within the Klan.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

The puzzle thread had nothing to do with raiding in any real manner (weren’t the answers all Tubmail?), and didn’t change the fact that the 12-11-12 technique was listed by a developer in the closest thing to a manual that the game has.

Actually, it was requested that when I mentioned the 12-11-12 publicly that I delete that text, to keep the ‘puzzle’ hidden. I did that to keep the mystery/fun alive. I can always repost the Tubmail I received from a SotQR member that specifically said they were trying to keep it quiet. Do I need to do so to prove my point?

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/03/2008 2:43PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Sancdar Posted:

The puzzle thread didn’t change the fact that the 12-11-12 technique was listed by a developer in the closest thing to a manual that the game has.

Sir Tasnica

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Acid Flux Posted:

Actually, it was requested that when I mentioned the 12-11-12 publicly that I delete that text, to keep the ‘puzzle’ hidden. I did that to keep the mystery/fun alive. I can always repost the Tubmail I received from a SotQR member that specifically said they were trying to keep it quiet. Do I need to do so to prove my point?

I wasn’t aware of such an incident, and I don’t agree with the actions of that particular member. I was always under the impression that it was relatively common knowledge of how to do it, and as Sancdar stated the method could easily be concluded from reading the wiki (that’s where I, at least, got the idea).

That’s not my point, however. My point is that Evil Trout specifically approved of what we were doing before we received any significant advantage in domination because of it. He even said something to the effect of “other Klans will have to step up to the challenge”. That was clearly not the case in the exploit taken advantage of last week and widely demonstrated yesterday.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

The puzzle thread didn’t change the fact that the 12-11-12 technique was listed by a developer in the closest thing to a manual that the game has.

SotQR Member Posted:

Sent: 3-17-2008

Just to keep you from wondering, I’m going to go ahead and confirm your 12-11-12 theory. I ask you to not post that publicly just yet, let VirtualEyes have her fun with her puzzle thread. Also, I ask you to keep the next bit to yourself as well, at least until EvilTrout rules on it. shhhh This isn’t coming from me.

We also think we might have found a bug with how the 12 forums are counted. Probably about 3-7 dominations might have come about with the bug. We’ve submitted it to Evil_Trout and are waiting to hear an official ruling on it, so don’t be too surprised if our scoop count is revised downwards.

According to this email, the Sisterhood won a few Domination Rounds before reporting the bug in question. Can anyone from the SotQR, past or present, comment on this to clarify?

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

The “3-7 dominations” in question were 3-7 scoop rewards from holding 12 forums, not 3-7 rounds of domination. Hell, have we even had 7 dom rounds since raiding started?

The bug in question was difficult to confirm and was reported during the raid we found it. I’m still not even sure if it existed in the first place, but it’s definitely been fixed now if it did.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Acid Flux Posted:

According to this email, the Sisterhood won a few Domination Rounds before reporting the bug in question. Can anyone from the SotQR, past or present, comment on this to clarify?

The bug was something else completely different, that I discovered during our 360-scoop raid =P

Sancdar ran to submit it breathlessly before the raid was even over, resulting in like 20 wasted visits on our next raid trying to figure out if it was still there or not.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

None of that refutes the opinion that the SotQR used the bug before reporting it. Is this accurate or not?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!