Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ The Sisterhood presents: Secondary Stats and What They Do (Spoilers and Math within!)

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Delafina Posted:

I’m still mystified as to what all the fuss is about.

Some parties believe that spoilers and information ruins the community of a game. Others believe that the first group is wrong, and the snobby Munchkins will be, widely, non-existent. Failing that, said Munchkins will be brushed off.

It boils down to three things:

Party 1: Detailed information about game mechanics can and will make pretentious bumholes that create optimized builds and brag about it, ruining everyone’s social experience.

Party 2: While Party 1 may or may not be right about Munchkins, it will not be the greater majority, and they’ll largely be treated as idiots that can’t play a game.

Both parties: INTERNETS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Some parties believe that spoilers and information ruins the community of a game. Others believe that the first group is wrong, and the snobby Munchkins will be, widely, non-existent. Failing that, said Munchkins will be brushed off.

Party 1: Detailed information about game mechanics can and will make pretentious bumholes that create optimized builds and brag about it, ruining everyone’s social experience.

Party 2: While Party 1 may or may not be right about Munchkins, it will not be the greater majority, and they’ll largely be treated as idiots that can’t play a game.

well put.

I can smell the robust flavor of irony.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

Log in to see images! Well put! A nice way to put things into perspective for all parties.

Bubo Posted:

I was mocked in the above, and I approve this message! SERIOUS BUSINESS indeed!

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

eh, i know this argument is over, but i’d like to add that while i don’t think this kind of thing causes lame game communities to arise, it is one of the possible symptoms. despite my misgivings, i’m going to trust the community to keep the pedants to a minority. In the end, a lot is going to ride on the moderators, and i think you’ve done a very noice job of not being an elitist male reproductive organwad so far noob65. Don’t let the haters get you down, and keep going about things as you are right now. what will really kill this game is if the moderators become a seperate isolated group from the normal playerbase.

just my 2 euros

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Thanks for telling me forums have a 30% chance to miss me.

No really, I didn’t know jack about the mechanics up until the opening post.

Delafina

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

And all becomes clear.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Healbot Posted:

Thanks for telling me forums have a 30% chance to miss me.

No really, I didn’t know jack about the mechanics up until the opening post.

Just as a warning – Miss Chance % is one of the things we’re still really unsure about. All we know at this point is that higher levels of Defense get missed more often, and that lower-threat forums miss more often. But hopefully, we’ll get it figured out soon! Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

you know what, now that i’m here and making seriousposts, i might as well follow with another one concerning my klan. I guess we ticked off a bunch of people by acting like bumholes in a few non-rpg threads, so i’d just like to explain where we’re coming from. we’ve been around in one form or other since back in ‘05, and over the years an unfair draconian moderation team has molded us into a very anti-authority and pessimistic group. Not to say there wasn’t male reproductive organery on both sides of the equation, it’s just the way it is.

We were talking about things last night in IRC and decided that maybe this could be kind of a fresh start, so we’re gonna stop being male reproductive organs in the serious forums. don’t expect us to back off anywhere else though.

kay i’m done Log in to see images!

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Escher Posted:

Just as a warning – Miss Chance % is one of the things we’re still really unsure about. All we know at this point is that higher levels of Defense get missed more often, and that lower-threat forums miss more often. But hopefully, we’ll get it figured out soon! Log in to see images!

Yeah, from my visits today I had around the 30% misses from forum counters, so while it’s certainly not a 100% reliable figure, a good estimate value.

I personally also prefer knowledge about game mechanics in general, so thanks again for enlightening me.

Bruschi

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

how the **** do you miss posting on a forum? maybe you can do poorly and have little damage but honestly no one should ever be missing. say you post **** and it’s not really well written. you’re still going to **** someone off.

Bruschi

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

also, what kind of loser is going to do the math behind this game? you guys are lame.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I believe that the idea of a miss chance for forums attacking you is that with your rock-solid shell of self-esteem, some things simply don’t affect you.

A player never misses an attack on a thread.

JEHOVAH IS A-
N ALIEN

Avatar: 30745 2009-10-13 13:16:05 -0400

Level 7 Re-Re

Bruschi Posted:

how the **** do you miss posting on a forum? maybe you can do poorly and have little damage but honestly no one should ever be missing. say you post **** and it’s not really well written. you’re still going to **** someone off.

take for example the post i am quoting, inaccuracy is no mere phantom, indeed

JEHOVAH IS AN ALIEN edited this message on 03/27/2008 2:05PM

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

BirdofPrey Posted:

you know what, now that i’m here and making seriousposts, i might as well follow with another one concerning my klan. I guess we ticked off a bunch of people by acting like bumholes in a few non-rpg threads, so i’d just like to explain where we’re coming from. we’ve been around in one form or other since back in ‘05, and over the years an unfair draconian moderation team has molded us into a very anti-authority and pessimistic group. Not to say there wasn’t male reproductive organery on both sides of the equation, it’s just the way it is.

We were talking about things last night in IRC and decided that maybe this could be kind of a fresh start, so we’re gonna stop being male reproductive organs in the serious forums. don’t expect us to back off anywhere else though.

kay i’m done Log in to see images!

I would just like to point out that this does not apply for all of tsb. I will be making an effort to keep my trolling strictly to the rpg forums, but I cannot speak on behalf of other members. This isn’t saying everyone but bop and me will stop, I know more than a few members who are willing to do so as well.

Our klan is compromised of individuals, and they make their own decisions.

I AM PUMPKIN PAUL.

I COME FROM A WORLD YOU MAY NOT UNDERSTAND

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS edited this message on 03/27/2008 5:08PM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Bruschi Posted:

also, what kind of loser is going to do the math behind this game? you guys are lame.

And you can’t seem to read:

n00b65 Posted:

You’re not going to convince anyone who disagrees with you of your point of view, and they’re not going to convince you of theirs. So continued arguments are nothing more than flaming. If you insist on continuing your arguments, then please take them to the Whiny ****es forum, where they’re more than welcome.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

STOP BEING A MINIMOD.

please never make acid a mod.

n00b is a p. cool mod, but this guy D:

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Oh make me mod! I want to go mad with power!

And good on you, Shortbus, if indeed some of you are going to be… less male reproductive organs. Not that I clearly noticed it.

Bruschi

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Acid Flux Posted:

LOL UR A GAY

Well, said. Well said. But I think your point might be argued better if it made sense and put into your own words.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

STOP BEING A MINIMOD.

please never make acid a mod.

n00b is a p. cool mod, but this guy D:

What’s your deal, dude? When did I ever say I wanted to be a mod? Members of a community are supposed to look out for each other and point out errors. It’s amazing that after you state that you’ll stop trolling, you immediately try and start a fight. Gigeth already tried to derail the thread and troll it up, and now when a klanmate of yours starts ****ting in the thread, you give me a hard time for reposting a warning.

Deal with it nanafabulous person. I didn’t start a fight with you, but I won’t back down. Unless I’m breaking a forum rule, then I guess you’ll have to suffer with it.

Because I don’t plan on going anywhere.

And as far as you’re concerned Bruschi, sorry if you’re embarrbumed about getting called out, to the point where you cleverly ‘rewrite’ a quote of mine. That’s truly unique, I’ve never seen anyone on a forum do that before. But when all is said & done, one of us is following the rules and respecting the house, and the other is not. I’ll happily meet you in the other forums where this is allowed, but in here, I choose to respect the rules.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/27/2008 7:32PM

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

wow acid, do you really think it’s appropriate, right after we said we would make an effort to be better, to be an infuriating minimod? ease up a little

edit: i mean, it comes across like you’re trying to bait us. don’t be like that

BirdofPrey edited this message on 03/27/2008 11:26PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!