Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art Avatar

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Fortunato Posted:

You could of course see great movies with great effects. Note that the whole movie above was made for about $5million. Duncan jones calls that scene the “drum solo”.

Yeah I loved Moon too. It was great to see a movie where the AI didn’t turn out to be evil.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

I saw Avatar last night at a regular theatre (no 3D). Was a entertaining flick. The special effects were really awesome, story was a bit predictable but I thought it was executed well. What I really enjoyed was that it wasn’t using the 3D as a crutch or gimmick. Watching it non 3D you would never know that it was supposed to be 3D which I thought was a lovely touch.

As for the whole effects/plot thing, you peeps are being a little silly I think. Different movies are made for different reasons with different audiences in mind. Not every movie can be perfect, but at the end of the day if you’re entertained is that not what matters? idk why we’re arguing about something so subjective. Just silly.

PS We need more large scale sci fi/fantasy battles on screen.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

duca Posted:

We need more large scale sci fi/fantasy battles on screen.

Amen!

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Acid Flux Posted:

I was replying specifically to the idea of going to see a movie simply for the special effects. Special effects should compliment the story, not overshadow it or be a substitution.

Complement, not compliment.

All I’m saying is that there’s a reason I’ve had to watch “Birth of a Nation” three times now, and it’s certainly not for the story. Seeing a movie for special effects alone is a perfectly cool thing to do, when you have an appreciation for the technical side of film-making.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 12/23/2009 4:51PM

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

I literally would not pay 15 cents to see a movie that is all flash and no substance, and from what I’ve heard this is one of those. the best movies that exist avoid the flashy shiny things that distract people. distracting you from the fact that the movie ultimately sucks. sorry but given a pile of really expensive cameras and motion sensors and computers and a huge team of computer people to make my movie look better than it is, I, as in me, myself, could make a dogreat timesentary about toilets or basket weaving interesting.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

And I can appreciate filmmaking as an, Cinematography, camera shots and angles are important, but filmmaking is thrown out the window when practically everything you do was made better with a computer. by editing the crap out of something you make it worthless. it becomes like britney spears. **** cant sing worth a ****, uses the same ****ty beat to every song, but she looks good so you buy her cd’s. **** off.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Moon has great music.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Wow, where the hell do I start with all of that?

If a film has a poor story but also has terrific music, then it shouldn’t be at fault for having terrific music. That is to say, that film’s music shouldn’t be poorly criticized BECAUSE it’s terrific. The same is true for all aspects of film-making – if a film has a poor story but excels in another area, than it still has merit for excelling in that other area.

lho Posted:

And I can appreciate filmmaking as an, Cinematography, camera shots and angles are important, but filmmaking is thrown out the window when practically everything you do was made better with a computer.

So film-makers should ignore the most powerful and versatile they have…why? I mean, I’ll take a CG shark over a giant, rubber prop any day.

What would you prefer in this case…actors walking around in blue rubber outfits, surrounded by plastic flowers?

lho Posted:

it becomes like britney spears. **** cant sing worth a ****, uses the same ****ty beat to every song, but she looks good so you buy her cd’s.

Sorry, but I refuse to jump on that particular cool-kid bandwagon…Spears is a talented singer. Her early career suffered from poor instrumentation, but there’s a world of difference between “Toxic” and “Oops, I Did it Again”.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Lee_Harvey_Oswald Posted:

And I can appreciate filmmaking as an, Cinematography, camera shots and angles are important, but filmmaking is thrown out the window when practically everything you do was made better with a computer. by editing the crap out of something you make it worthless. it becomes like britney spears. **** cant sing worth a ****, uses the same ****ty beat to every song, but she looks good so you buy her cd’s. **** off.

I totally agree with you, in that you should not under any cirgreat timesstances go to a theater to see this film, or go to a Britney Spears concert. You would most likely be a drag to those who are there to enjoy themselves. Log in to see images!

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Sorry, but I refuse to jump on that particular cool-kid bandwagon…Spears is a talented singer. Her early career suffered from poor instrumentation, but there’s a world of difference between “Toxic” and “Oops, I Did it Again”.

I have so much respect for you for saying this.

That doesn’t mean I agree with you, but I felt you deserved some credit. Log in to see images!

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

ok.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Well done CG = art

Crappy CG = crap

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

Complement, not compliment.

All I’m saying is that there’s a reason I’ve had to watch “Birth of a Nation” three times now, and it’s certainly not for the story. Seeing a movie for special effects alone is a perfectly cool thing to do, when you have an appreciation for the technical side of film-making.

Congratulations, you found a spelling error. Here’s your gold star. Log in to see images!

As far as watching a movie just for special effects because it’s ‘art’, then why bother even trying to add a plot or story to such a movie? Sure, it’s a marvel of applied technology, but that’s essentially an entirely different genre. In this case, you happen to enjoy that type of genre. I usually prefer more substance in my movies. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the value of special effects.

You might be one of the viewers that appreciates the artistry involved in those effects. However, that’s not true of the average moviegoer. In other words, you are enjoying the technical aptitude and artistry involved. The people sitting next to you are probably just ‘oohing & ahhing over pretty pictures’. And that was, essentially, one of my points; too many people are attracted to a movie only because it ‘looks kewl’, nothing more. You’re not one of them, so you have a more intelligent perspective.

Sweet. Just got back from this epic eye-festt and A+++! Can’t give this modern-day Fern Gully enough +’s! I am literally flabbergasted and still having palpitations from the heart-pumping action and wondering: just what IS mankind’s place in this universe?!?! Must we destroy everything we touch? Or can we one day learn to be a part of the great Cirlce of Life?

Next up I review the newest modern clbumic: Sherlock Holmes, a bold and refreshing take on a pair of stuffy old fat men who sit in a room and “solve” mysteries in a time before CSI. Ugh! Let’s inject some Vitamin A, pure adrenaline. These sexy Steampunk heroes are gonna fight crime in a way Sir Doily never had the director’s vision to dream up: WITH THEIR FISTS.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Next up I review the newest modern clbumic: Sherlock Holmes, a bold and refreshing take on a pair of stuffy old fat men who sit in a room and “solve” mysteries in a time before CSI. Ugh! Let’s inject some Vitamin A, pure adrenaline. These sexy Steampunk heroes are gonna fight crime in a way Sir Doily never had the director’s vision to dream up: WITH THEIR FISTS.

saw this yesterday and i must whole heartedly agree.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Congratulations, you found a spelling error. Here’s your gold star. Log in to see images!

As far as watching a movie just for special effects because it’s ‘art’, then why bother even trying to add a plot or story to such a movie? Sure, it’s a marvel of applied technology, but that’s essentially an entirely different genre. In this case, you happen to enjoy that type of genre. I usually prefer more substance in my movies. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the value of special effects.

You might be one of the viewers that appreciates the artistry involved in those effects. However, that’s not true of the average moviegoer. In other words, you are enjoying the technical aptitude and artistry involved. The people sitting next to you are probably just ‘oohing & ahhing over pretty pictures’. And that was, essentially, one of my points; too many people are attracted to a movie only because it ‘looks kewl’, nothing more. You’re not one of them, so you have a more intelligent perspective.

amen

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I went to see it yesterday. It was visually spectacular but I was left wanting more.

Still, not a bad flick. There are far worse movies released these days.

iostiogic

Avatar: 217288 2010-01-07 16:23:48 -0500

Level 33 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Evil Trout Posted:

I went to see it yesterday. It was visually spectacular but I was left wanting more.

Still, not a bad flick. There are far worse movies released these days.

Yeah, well you know, that’s just like, your opinion man.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

iostiogic Posted:

Yeah, well you know, that’s just like, your opinion man.

When did he say that it was fact?

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i’ll pbum

This.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I saw it today and left the cinema disappointed.

If you put that much money into a movie – make it in fact the most expensive movie ever – you just can’t come up with a story as trivial as this. Change the setting and take away the special effects and you have a story that has been told a thousand times before. One-dimensional characters, predictable story, obligatory love-relation/scene, terrible oneliners (That’s gonna hurt; Bingo!) all combined in one film. What a wise decision to bring enough nachos.

Aldo_Anything edited this message on 01/04/2010 5:57PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!