Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Kyoubai Reserve Price

apocalypse_n-
ow

Level 55 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Hi folks!

I am unhappy because of the many times I won auctions at reasonably high prices and did not get the item because nobody placed an even higher bid.

To make a longer story short, I wish to say that it would be a nice thing to have the minimum “Reserve Price” to be higher than the maximum “Starting Bid”. This would avoid unnecessary low cost bidding and should make the auctioneer pay a higher deposit if he doesn’t want his merchandise sold cheap.

So the point is “Reserve Price” always higher than maximum “Starting Bid”.

What do you think about this people?

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I thought the system was set up so that if you have the highest bid, and were willing to bid higher than the reserve, then you pay the reserve price. I’m sure I’ve seen that on auctions I’ve run… they ran at below-reserve prices to the end, then after closing it showed the highest bid as being a bid at the reserve price from the previous high-bidder.

Are you sure your “bid up to” price was above the reserve? (Maybe this system is faulty Log in to see images! man-man edited this message on 12/19/2009 1:01PM

apocalypse_n-
ow

Level 55 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Don’t know what the reserve price ever was. Bidding a lot (like 5-10 times) higher than the true price left me without the item and sent the money back. I can’t remember a single time when reserve price consumed from my bid and above anyone else. Maybe it happened that the reserve price were ridiculously high and that’s just it.

LE: I don’t even like the reserve price idea in the first place. It would have been a lot more transparent and easier if the starting bid could be placed at whatever insane and obscene value the seller wants.

apocalypse_now edited this message on 12/19/2009 1:13PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

In case you bid 800,000 on an item and you win the auction while the price wasn’t higher than, for example, 2,899, but the reserve was like 500,000, you’d still get it for the reserve.

Seems like you didn’t bid enough flezz. What items are we talking about?

apocalypse_n-
ow

Level 55 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

Just recent examples with not really too high prices, but anyway, within “starting bid” limits, so it could have had a higher starting point.

They were grouped exactly as listed, so it was frustrating to loose several auctions at the same time.

Flezz BidSquid sent you 350,000 1:54AM

“[Master Ball] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

Flezz BidSquid sent you 369,502 1:12AM

“[Versnatche™ Earbleeders] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

“[Versnatche™ Earbleeders] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

Flezz BidSquid sent you 350,000 2:51PM

“[Master Ball] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

Flezz BidSquid sent you 25,999 2:18PM

“[my blood in the bathtub (real, ] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

BidSquid sent you 15,000 2:18AM

“[my blood in the bathtub (real, ] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

BidSquid sent you 500,999 3:57AM

“[****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.la] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

apocalypse_now Posted:

Just recent examples with not really too high prices, but anyway, within “starting bid” limits, so it could have had a higher starting point.

They were grouped exactly as listed, so it was frustrating to loose several auctions at the same time.

Flezz BidSquid sent you 350,000 1:54AM

Flezz BidSquid sent you 350,000 2:51PM

Flezz BidSquid sent you 25,999 2:18PM

BidSquid sent you 15,000 2:18AM

BidSquid sent you 500,999 3:57AM

“[****.MILF.asian.mammary glands.great timesshot.la] Regrettable, auction won but it did not meet to reserve price. Bidder to be ashamed, was too cheap!”

The reserve prices on those items are, in general, much higher than you bid.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I feel bad because I think I put an extra 0 in my reserve for Blood Splatter art. Log in to see images!

I was stoked cuz it was bid up to 2.5 mil, my reserve being 2…then it comes back in a tubmail and I’m like WTTFFF NOOO

So yeah. It’s back up again if you were the one who was bidding on it.

apocalypse_n-
ow

Level 55 Camwhore

“Justine Berry”

That I understood, but I don’t get it why people use the lowest possible start bid price. Just to save the reserve money? That’s a bit lame since they don’t want their stuff sold cheap and make a lot of fleez from it. I lost auctions with way past 1 mil. that started at less than 50.000 .

apocalypse_now edited this message on 12/19/2009 4:11PM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

apocalypse_now Posted:

That I understood, but I don’t get it why people use the lowest possible start bid price. Just to save the reserve money? That’s a bit lame since they don’t want their stuff sold cheap and make a lot of fleez from it. I lost auctions with way past 1 mil. that started at less than 50.000 .

A high starting bid will ensure your item sells for that amount, if anyone bids at all, but it comes with the risk of losing your higher deposit.

If you set the starting bid low, then your deposit is correspondingly low, so you don’t stand to lose too much if the auction fails. But you don’t want it to actually sell that cheaply, so you put in a reserve, which is a riskier way of “guaranteeing” a higher sale price, because no-one can see the reserve, so they don’t know what value you’re aiming for with your auction.

Then you can post in the Kyoubai forum and tell people what the reserve is, which either puts them off bidding at all (if it’s too high) or negates the downside of no-one knowing what the reserve is (if anyone bothers to read your auction post that is).

Also if you know the item is worth a lot, and likely to sell for a lot no matter what you do because multiple people will put in high bids, then why bother with a high starting bid? It’ll get bid up past the highest allowed starting bid anyway, and you won’t have to put down so much deposit. Just set a reserve in case the auction is an abject failure and await payment.

‘kay?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

apocalypse_now Posted:

I don’t get it why people use the lowest possible start bid price.

Because that’s the default starting bid on all items, and there’s not much reason to change it on most auctions.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!