Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
FAQ [CLOSED] Like, totally READ ME, omg!!!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

New rule for this forum only:

MC Banhammer Posted:

We like looking at ****s. We don’t so much like looking at non-****s. Posting any images in Sticky threads in this forum which do not directly apply to the subject of the thread is bannable.

We’ll be cleaning up the current stickies of kaisers and other non-****s shortly. If you still see any tomorrow or afterwards, please report it. Or let SG94 know and he’ll report it.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Mod Edit: Deleted a bunch of spam.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Mod Edit: Deleted a bunch of spam.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

MC Banhammer Posted:

****, it hurt to type that thread title. But how else was I supposed to get your ****ing attention?

Okay, I know you’re all ****s and all, and you like to show us your sexy bodies. It’s okay, you can post your nude pics in this forum. But it’s not okay to post shock nude images — or any shock images. You can link to them, but only if you clearly let those of us who fap to you know that the link is to shock images.

If you’re not sure if what you want to do is okay, you’ll be better off asking any of the moderators first. I know planning ahead isn’t your strong suit, but in this case it’s worth that small expenditure of the few brain cells you have.

Oh, also? We like looking at ****s. We don’t so much like looking at non-****s. Posting any images in Sticky threads in this forum which do not directly apply to the subject of the thread is bannable.

Read here for more.

So I was wondering how hard it would be to make an edit to the beginning post.

The post is still standing there not telling that posting text is a bad thing. It clearly states that posting images that do not apply directly to the subject of the thread is bannable. I understand that and while I don’t believer there was enough notice or fanfare given to that rule it is pretty clear that most players will now be aware of it.

Actually, they probably aren’t, since the majority of the rp posters don’t frequent the Game Discussion forums. It is entirely possible that there are people logged on right now that have no idea that the rules have been changed.

That just doesn’t seem fair.

I hope if they make a post while unaware some leniency will be shown.

I am very worried about what will happen if someone posts text.

Besides the recent “off topic” picture bans, a player recently got banned for posting excerpts from a piece of literature. There was no rule at all about that. It was noted that the player should be aware of the “spirit” of the rules. I can see that to a certain extent, but am a bit concerned when there is such a large diversity in the age range of players on site. Is it to be expected that a 12 year old can interpret the “spirit” of the rules? Not that I’m trying to be ageist or anything like that, it is simply that age brings wisdom and the experience necessary to take an inferred meaning rather than needing to have something spelled out.

For example, one could say that it is simple common sense that a person not post shock pictures. They are called “shock pictures” and the very phrase implies that there is something to be considered before exposing people to them unawares. However, almost daily we see players who post “shock pictures”, most notably this pic (please note that the following link is to a shock pic entitled goatse) of goastse or some variation of goatse.

One would think that players would have the sense to know better and yet they obviously do not. Log in to see images!

It has been several days now, and I know it was mentioned in some random post that the matter of rule changes and how to address them, where to post them and how to update them to ensure public awareness is being discussed. It was mentioned that these things would happen “soon”, but that there was no definite timeframe and that “soon” was to be taken with a grain of salt and could actually mean “a really long time” to normal people.

I think that is fine, I mean it’s a smallish site with a personal feel and obviously the Crotch Zombie staff has a lot of things to do, not just this one issue.

However, as I mentioned, a player recently received a week long ban for posting things that were not noted anywhere, but were rather breaking the “spirit” of a rule. I find that unsatisfyingly vague and moreover I think it is a bit irresponsible that the rules still haven’t been updated anywhere to say that if you post a lot of text there will be repercussions. Any mod or admin can edit the post and all it would take would be one line.

It really wouldn’t take very long to add a single line warning players that there could be repercussions for posts they make in one of the role playing forums.

Wait, is it only if the text is off topic? What about text that applies to the topic at hand?

I noticed that there are several open role playing posts in some of the sticky threads, and far far more that would be impossible to verify. So if a picture is on topic, but not in keeping with the actual spirit of the thread (in say the “Post your forehead with some short bangs” thread) it appears that that is legal, since the following pic was posted, reported, and yet remains.

So for example if I posted this in the short bangs and forehead thread…

HELPFUL TIPS FOR CUTTING YOUR OWN BANGS

Step 1 Get the right tools. Professional hair dressing shears and a comb are a must. It’s important not use craft scissors or nail clippers because they won’t give you the desired result. Invest in a good pair of shears to help get you a professionally looking bang trim.

Step 2 Make sure your hair is styled as you normally would wear it. If your hair grows a certain direction keep it that way. Changing the direction of a sweeping bang right before you cut it may give you unexpected results. This way you can really see what you’re doing and not cutting something that doesn’t belong. Remember, never cut your bangs wet! The water weighs it down and you’ll end up cutting too much.

Step 3 Gather your bangs, separating the front pieces you want to trim from the back. Make sure you’re not grabbing any unnecessary pieces. Consider the thickness and length of the bangs you desire before you make the first cut. Then comb your hair smooth and make sure the rest of your hair is out of the way to avoid making accidental cuts.

Step 4 Using your index and middle fingers, pull your bangs gently and hold at a slight distance from your face (make sure you can see them with your eyes!). Take your shears and begin to trim in upward snips. Keep your hands steady and remember that you only need to cut a small amount.

...would that be a problem? If not would it not be a problem because it was relevant to the topic or because it was short enough? I often see one off notes that are not relevant to the topic. Are they ok because they are short? If so where it the cut off? Is there a certain number of characters – meaning if you post fewer than “x” characters the post will slide by without violating the “spirit” of the rule?

Until something formal can be decided it would probably be a good idea to at least make a note of the text based rule in the OP of this thread.

I would say this bump could serve as informing the general Flamebate readers that there is a text based side of the rule, but I don’t think most people look at the player based bumps on the rules threads. Plus, I believe I have too many things still in need of clarification, the most important being whether the rule applies to all posts or just off topic posts.

Sorry for the lack of patience, I just get really frustrated when I think that I could easily have done something and been punished for it without even knowing it would be a problem.

The same thing happened when MST did that thing where he got legal alts to tubmail users. Many players were unaware of any sort of unwritten rule about mbum mailings and they were all kind of freaked out by the thought that they could have just been smacked with a perma without any sort of warning or indication that it was an illegal thing to do.

So, yeah, maybe update the OP now? I mean it might not be the most effective and it might cause people to rage blindly when players get banned for the weird rules that no one is aware or, but at least if there are noted somewhere it doesn’t make people are freaked and angsty as the feeling that the whole “because we said so” gives when something unwritten is enforced.

Maybe change the update to:

Oh, also? We like looking at on topic posts in the stickies in this forum. Posting any images and/or text in Sticky threads in this forum which do not directly apply to the subject of the thread is bannable.

Not a great solution, even as a temporary solution, but at least it would give people a chance and be better than nothing at all. *shrug*

twas

Level 35 Troll

Can I make a suggestion? Since when a moderator stickies a thread in this forum the rules for that thread change, the moderator stickying the thread makes a post stating that the thread is now stickied and the allowed role play is limited.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

was Posted:

Can I make a suggestion? Since when a moderator stickies a thread in this forum the rules for that thread change, the moderator stickying the thread makes a post stating that the thread is now stickied and the allowed role play is limited.

This is a good idea, as it will also allow us to keep track of who made the stickies and when they were made Log in to see images!

Also, OP edited to further clarify the “let us look at ****s w/o your spam” rule, which is what I think scully’s tl;dr post was about. Let me know if it wasn’t.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 04/21/2009 1:49AM

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Also, OP edited to further clarify the “let us look at ****s w/o your spam” rule, which is what I think scully’s tl;dr post was about. Let me know if it wasn’t.

Probably. It was awfully long winded, I didn’t read it myself. Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I didn’t see this thread due to the gratuitous number of stickies, so will probably at some point break the rules accidentally.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

I didn’t see this thread due to the gratuitous number of stickies, so will probably at some point break the rules accidentally.

Except for the fact that you’ve now posted in this thread, and that excuse won’t be very convincing anymore.

Site Rules. Learn them.

Ya did good, kid. Keep it up.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Sergeant Cid Posted:

You know, to be honest, I didn’t even think about ‘troll protection’. The whole thing about ‘don’t troll stickied threads’ kind of went right past me for a while, mainly because I thought it only referred to the rules threads. And of course, it used to be that only the rules threads or important notices were stickied.

Hence my confusion.

Even the other mods are confused. The rule should be suspended until you guys figure it out. This whole “We are discussing it, but don’t expect anything soon.” is really just a brush off. And if nothing is going to change then tell us, mainly me I guess, that you guys are going to make any stupid rule you want.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

meh

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/27/2009 1:01PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Thread, like, tl;dr

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!