Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Don't make me take another game system hostage

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

We have other, greater ideas of how to reinvigorate the community up our sleeves. A lot of it will have to wait until Ep 3 is wrapped, though.

Yeah. We hear that a lot.

Perhaps some sort of indication as to what, exactly, will be next up after Ep3 is wrapped would help. There’s a sentiment I’ve read from the other players that we’re again operating in a vacuum. Nothing is getting done on long-standing open issues (pistachio imbalance and other Dom issues, 1337lol ideas, character page and tubmail reworks, what you reference above, etc.) While I understand that ET’s just one guy, and he’s been focused on Ep3 for a long time now (which leads me to believe it’s going to be AWESOME), it feels like there’s no discussion going on in your weekly meetings about, well, anything.

Companies are always looking to “what’s next” after their Next Big Thing, and we doubt you’re not doing it too, but the community feels like they’re being ignored. That’s not good.

So here’s what I suggest: ET should create another poll (like one he did a while ago) listing the things that you guys are thinking about working on AFTER Ep3 goes live (or to testing), and let us vote on what we see as the priorities. That was fun when it went out last time, and it gave us all some INCIT insight into what was coming up.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Realizing the poll after ep 3 comes out. Thanks for your concer, we’re busy etc.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

ChilePepino Posted:

Realizing the poll after ep 3 comes out. Thanks for your concer, we’re busy etc.

ITT: realism.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

I’m glad your on our side now, MCB.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Fie Posted:

I’m glad your on our side now, MCB.

that’s why he was the good mod + he has always been umm… eager about the changes that never come because of xbox “episode 3”.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

ChilePepino Posted:

that’s why he was the good mod + he has always been umm… eager about the changes that never come because of xbox “episode 3”.

bahahaha.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

MC Banhammer Posted:

Perhaps some sort of indication as to what, exactly, will be next up after Ep3 is wrapped would help. There’s a sentiment I’ve read from the other players that we’re again operating in a vacuum.

Our weekly meetings have been super long lately, and Episode 3 updates are usually the fastest part (since we’re discussing it every day while working through the various missions) so we’re definitely thinking ahead.

I’m not sure it makes sense to communicate everything we’re discussing. To be honest, many of our ideas are just bad at first. We need to get them out in private, sleep on them, come back to them, see what the community is clamoring for, etc.

And then there are some ideas that seem cool but we discover something about the implementation is impractical.

If we outlined everything we’re considering, we’d disappoint a lot more players than if we just said nothing. Some would latch onto things and then be upset when we don’t implement them.

I wouldn’t mind polling the community once Ep3 is done about what features they’d like to see next. It would certainly help us prioritize things.

P.S. I will probably regret this, but there is a very good chance there will be a bunch of Tubmail enhancements by the time Ep3 launches, and an improved interface for handling MOAR files.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Evil Trout Posted:

I wouldn’t mind polling the community once Ep3 is done about what features they’d like to see next.

me Posted:

Realizing the poll after ep 3 comes out.

haha

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

latch onto things such as multi-clbuming?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Adapt Posted:

latch onto things such as multi-clbuming?

Yes exactly. I’d still love to do that some day.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

What Trout said, but I should point one thing out: The line that Banhammer was quoting was purely a community thing — nothing to do with bug fixes, development, new content, or anything of that sort.

MCB, I love you like a crotchety, distant grandfather, but I’m starting to think you need to do something with all that excess aggression. Pick the hammer back up. You know you want to.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

MCB, I love you like a crotchety, distant grandfather, but I’m starting to think you need to do something with all that excess aggression. Pick the hammer back up. You know you want to.

nah he just learning to be part of the community.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Pick the hammer back up. You know you want to.

This. Definitely.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Get off of him. He is free now. I am going to buy him matches for the non-denominational winter based holiday.

Fire is pretty. Log in to see images!

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

come on idc for a few brief moments spankwoman it would be nice to say hello although I might be a bit goofy

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

Give me the hammer. Well not MCB’s hammer. But A hammer.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

For my first act I will beat Evil Trouts xbox 360 into plastic bits.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

Arbitrary joke bans will be commonplace.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

To be honest, many of our ideas are just bad at first.

Must… resist… urge… to… quote…. “at first?”...

Evil Trout Posted:

If we outlined everything we’re considering, we’d disappoint a lot more players than if we just said nothing. Some would latch onto things and then be upset when we don’t implement them.

I get that.

I guess it’s more the rebumurance that thing are happening which are forward-looking, and not just “we’re focussing on Ep3 so much we have no idea what’s going to happen after that” that at least I was looking for, and there it is! So, kewl. Thx for the INCIT insight (I really gotta stop doing that).

Evil Trout Posted:

P.S. I will probably regret this, but there is a very good chance there will be a bunch of Tubmail enhancements by the time Ep3 launches, and an improved interface for handling MOAR files.

brb pranking you with “I promise tubmail enhancements and improved .moar handling before Ep3”.

You just want me to be a mod so you can boss me around again. Well I say thee nay! :thorhammer:

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Evil Trout Posted:

This right here would be great.

Bonus points if you also improve their interface in the Ppwn Shoppe. You know, so multiples show up together like other items instead of separately.

*sigh* Someday…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!