You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.
|Bisphenol-A walks into a bar|
It’s an alcohol and it’s destroying your family.
Phenols are not really alcohols but I couldn’t resist the setup
Being a chemist and all, I can’t help but feel bad when things we thought were safe end up maybe mutating a few hundred thousand people sometime down the line maybe. It’s a common trend in our long history of taking resources and turning them into useful things. The main difference with this **** is PLASTIC IS ****ING EVERYWHERE.
So, what is your take on how badly we’ve poisoned you this time? Will you still drink out of your Nalgene bottle? Would you feed your children out of baby bottles containing BPA? Or is this just another scare story to take our minds off of bigger issues Log in to see images! Crinkz edited this message on 11/24/2009 7:23PM
|Posted On: 11/24/2009 7:09PM||View Crinkz's Profile | #|
If it was that bad, we’d have noticed something was wrong more quickly, and with less uncertainty.
Maybe it gets chalked up alongside the other things that we thought were safe but turned out to absolutely not be safe in any way at all (c.f. asbestos, CFCs, radioactivity) but more likely it just goes up alongside the many things that probably aren’t all that good for us, but aren’t world-endingly bad on the whole (c.f. pesticides, tobacco, swine flu)
|Posted On: 11/24/2009 7:23PM||View man-man's Profile | #|