Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Internet Delay Chat suggestions.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

1. Create separate channels such as Spam, Role Playing, Troll, Camwhore, Emo, Forumwarz Help, IRL chat, and Klan channels either automatically available to Klan members or set up manually by the staff with the Klan leader given the ability to Pbumword the channel.

2. No images except in Spam and of course in Camwhore.

I’m sure others will occur to people.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

3. stop being so lame in it, you guys

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Bigguyinblack Posted:

1. Create separate channels such as Spam, Role Playing, Troll, Camwhore, Emo, Forumwarz Help, IRL chat, and Klan channels either automatically available to Klan members or set up manually by the staff with the Klan leader given the ability to Pbumword the channel.

Evil Trout confirmed that there is already support for channels, it’s just the wild west for now.

I do like the bit about pbumworded channels, and suggestion 2 looks good.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

Most of these are obvious, and probably already on a to-do list, but since there is no publicly available to-do list, I’m listing them here. Hope it helps.

– Player list needs to be more compact and only show player icons on mouseover.

– The tubmail link should be a small icon next to each player name in the player list.

– Clicking the player name should enter into private chat with them/PM them if it’s supported, or go to their profile if it is not. This action should be possible by clicking a name in the chatlog or the player list.

– A checkbox for “autoscroll with update” or smarter auto-scroll-to-the-bottom (i.e. don’t scroll when you’re not already at the bottom).

– Coloring of usernames. (Pick a random color for each username upon entry to the chatroom, preferably from a preset list of about 50 that loops. This way it will be much easier to distinguish who is talking.)

– Username highlighting – if someone says a username in the text, it should highlight it the color of the person to attract their attention.

– Moderation system. Tied in with this, it would be nice to have the ability to kick or mute a person for like 5 minutes through a channel-wide vote. After 2 successful mute/ignores it should increase the timelimit.

– Ignore/mute system. Also it would be neat if you could somehow highlight entries from a user to make them stand out, like the opposite of ignore.

– Emote (/me) system.

– Emote icon selection menu.

– Potential support for randomized text, like forumbuildr entries (at least for the roleplaying forums).

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Corion Posted:

– A checkbox for “autoscroll with update” or smarter auto-scroll-to-the-bottom (i.e. don’t scroll when you’re not already at the bottom).

I actually asked about this in IDC last night, and Evil_Trout said it was a Must Have feature, probably to be implemented today. He was just too tired to code any more last night.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

sometimes you guys ask too much.. 1 channel is all you need. it’s pointless to have spam channels. we run from spam why go to a spam chennel?

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

A private message system, perhaps?

SuperHappyFu-
nKitty

Avatar: 26050 Sat Oct 18 22:48:59 -0400 2008

[ONE HUNDRED PERCEN-
T ACTION KLAN
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I still prefer my idea of hijacking an already existing irc server. then we can create all the rooms that we want, we have all the options that irc chat gives you, and you can load it into the irc client of you choice so you dont have to leave the chat when you go to another part of the site.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Corion Posted:

– Moderation system. Tied in with this, it would be nice to have the ability to kick or mute a person for like 5 minutes through a channel-wide vote. After 2 successful mute/ignores it should increase the timelimit.

– Ignore/mute system. Also it would be neat if you could somehow highlight entries from a user to make them stand out, like the opposite of ignore.

I’m more in support of the /ignore system KoL has, honestly. And none of this ‘democratic’ moderation. You do that and you just get all the big klans (including mine) kicking each other.

Mods are cool. Just don’t get ****ty ones.

(no one from KoL)

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

latester Posted:

I still prefer my idea of hijacking an already existing irc server. then we can create all the rooms that we want, we have all the options that irc chat gives you, and you can load it into the irc client of you choice so you dont have to leave the chat when you go to another part of the site.

One of the problems with irc is just about every school or business blocks irc at their firewalls. Yes you can get around those blocks but if they want a high usage rate then it’s a suboptimal solution.

Besides being able to use bbcode to post images is ****ing awesome

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

latester Posted:

and you can load it into the irc client of you choice so you dont have to leave the chat when you go to another part of the site.

Use tabs in firefox/ie/opera.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

Ok, so, I found a **** loads of way to break chat.

Including its frames.

Evil Trout, my offer of an e-peen in return for telling you exactly what the **** is wrong with your chat, how we can break it with minimum effort, causing everyone to have to log in again, and scroll down every time someone types something, and some other ****, is still open.

Until then, well, I’ll keep amusing myself.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Eh, I doubt it.

The chat is there for being broken, until it’s sorted.

Enjoy me sending all your raid info to sisterhood every day, by the way. That sure is fun

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

Eh, I doubt it.

The chat is there for being broken, until it’s sorted.

Enjoy me sending all your raid info to sisterhood every day, by the way. That sure is fun

Actually, we’re not going to mess with FoL’s raids anymore…of course, unless they do it to us. XD

Anyway – Every time I’ve tried the chat, it’s spammed to the lowest level of hell. I’ll try it out when it’s a bit less…”chaotic”.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I’ll just post em on the forums for everyone to see then, much fairer.

Yeah, the chat is sucky at the moment, I’m sure it will work well when the problems are sorted, but uh.. they’re not. And we (being team shortbus) have found every problem there is, so I imagine they’ll be fixed soon enough.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I hope you didn’t post it due to my comment, it was generally directed to anyone that blackmails.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I posted it before your comment I believe, if you check the timings. Coincidence, don’t worry.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

First order of business fixing the chat = make my name not pink!

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Start with banning a bunch of dumbbumes.

Or removing the ability for them to chat.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

or at least the ability to ignore specific users

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!