Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Baneworld - A Place to Mindlessly Grind

Shardok

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

http://www.baneworld.com

What is Baneworld?

Baneworld is a 2D Browser Based MMORPG. It uses a turn based battle system with elemental weaknesses/resistances for both the player and the enemies.

What’s the story of it?

Baneworld is set in a fictional medieval world brimming with magic and monsters. You play a recently deceased character who, to the amazement of a horrified gravekeeper, decided to wake up for one last chance at life. A great evil has begun to ravage the lands and, of course, you are humanity’s last hope. You and everyone else deciding that they don’t like being dead.

What am I supposed to do in it?

Well, ideally you are supposed to defeat this great evil. However that’s not all you can do. You can also help out other people with various quests that might not help you on your task to defeat the great evil or just start gathering wood or ores to sell or use for crafting. You can also just fight a lot of random enemies or just kick back and do some fishing. There’s plenty of things to do if you want, and you might even find enough fun things to do that you’ll completely forget about this great evil that seems never to get closer unless you start to work with the people who are trying to stop it.
What else does Baneworld offer?

Baneworld has a real time chat to communicate with other players and a forum as well with plenty of topics to post in. It also an in-game journal that automatically tracks your quests status and a item list of nearly 10000 different items. It uses 4 different gear save slots that allows the player to personalize their gear for different enemy types and quickly change all their armor at once. Baneworld’s guilds and guild wars system are definitely the biggest player versus player interaction in the game and are always a nice way to get some good gear for lower levels.

How do I get started playing Baneworld?

Well, to start you should visit http://www.baneworld.com and click the words “Play Now” to register. You then are given some basic information to put in and some rules to read. You can skim over the rules if you want, as chances are these are mostly obvious rules that you know to follow. However, if for some reason you know nothing about common MMORPG rules then please read these rules. If not, you may want to at least read some of the chat rules, mainly the last few that are a bit unique to Baneworld (and often ignored to some extent). Now it will tell you to login, and hopefully you can figure out how to do that. After logging in you are again shown the rules and asked to accept them. Accept them. Now you are given a choice of play settings ranging from full screen to zoomed and even a small screen option that helps players with slower computers run Baneworld faster. Choose your settings and you’ve started!
Ahhh! Where am I? What do I do now?

Oh, that wasn’t enough info? Now you want me to hold your hand as you go through the first few dialogs too? Okay, first things first, read what the text on the screen says. Then click on the blue words to do what the blue words say. After a few words of dialog your guy will remember something. Now comes your first choice. Depending on how you answer this will determine what items and skills/spells you start with. It does not determine clbum, as clbumes do not exist in Baneworld. They are pretty obvious, sword gets you a sword and some armor and fighting skills. Sparks and lightning gets you some spells to start and arrows gets you a bow and some arrows to start. After deciding what you want to have to start out, click it. Now you’ll finish up talking to the gravekeeper and leave. Oh my! What’s that vile creature doing there? Well, this is a battle. A battle with what is obviously the weakest creature in existance. It explains how to fight, except for with arrows and spells. To use arrows, you first need a bow equipped. Then you would click on the option of “Arrow”, after choosing the arrow type from a drop down list, at the bottom of the battle screen. To use spells is much the same, but you choose from the drop down list next to “Use Magic”. Afterward you click on the enemy you want to target, in either case. Now you’ll finally leave the gravekeeper and be on the main map after this battle. From the main map you can find other people to interact with and things to do. If you’re looking to continue the main story you should follow the yellow arrows around.

Why does the game run so slow for me?

Because your computer sucks. However, there are ways to alleviate this issue. The simplest way is to let the game cache all the images it needs. It shouldn’t take long to get them all cached, and you’ll see a marked improvement in game speed. You shouldn’t need to do anything but make sure that you’re allowing things to be stored in your cache and not deleting them instantly.

There are other ways to make the game run faster as well. See the menu item labeled “Preferences”. Click it. From here you can turn off settings that might slow the game down for you. If battles are really long, turning off animated combat should speed that up. Also turning off sounds can often speed up the game, as it doesn’t need to load those. Not using full screen and turning off seeing other players will also speed up the game.

There is one other way to speed up the game, and this is especially useful for people who clear their cache often. You can turn off the preloading of images. This will mean you’ll instantly appear on the map with almost no load time and it will only load the images as they are necessary. However, this will result in there being times when it shows the wrong image for something, and this can be deadly if it’s not showing the right image of an enemy until it’s already on top of you. It is, however, the fastest way to play Baneworld.
Some hints and tips for early on

When you start out you should probably completely ignore charisma, and actually, that stat can be pretty useless the whole way through, as currently it only affects shop prices, however plans for a pet system are coming together smoothly and pets are expected to be released once they are balanced out a bit. Intelligence is also not too important, especially if you don’t plan to be a mage. However, if you do plan to be a mage, be aware, spells cost a lot of gold, or donating. So, if you’re a mage, make sure to start out with enough strength and dexterity to ensure you can live. Strength is definitely the most important stat, except maybe for a rare mage who can get by without getting hit too much, because it affects your Health Points and engreat timesbrance. Then dexterity is a bit less important, but a must for several skills and the only way you’ll have a chance of hitting your opponents or avoiding their hits.

When you get started you should probably follow the arrows to Moed, otherwise you’ll be lost and annoyed because you can’t find anyone to heal you. However, I strongly urge you not to finish the quest Moed gives you, at least until you have a good standing in the game, as stuff changes afterward. You lose your free healing Also, it might be a good idea to save up any health/will potions you get, as Moed can heal you, and those potions can be very useful in a boss fight. Those potions you’ll find like “of the blurg” and “of the weak mage” are very useful potions as well, as they change your stats temporarily making you even stronger. But no, the effects of multiple potions like those don’t stack on top of the same stat, but you can still get a potion increasing STR and another for INT. Other then that, the only thing I can suggest is coming into chat window if you get confused and asking for help.

Why did I stop getting my heroic boost from battles?

Check “Upgrade Account”. You can receive special bonuses from donating, and in a devious attempt to hook people with the benefits of hero days we give them a few free at start, and some as quest rewards throughout the game.

I’m still a bit confused on certain subjects, can you help me?

Yes, I could. However it may just be easier to read other links as they may prove more useful.

http://forums.nodalideas.com/topic.php?id=12951 – Some Starting Help
http://forums.nodalideas.com/topic.php?id=12345 – Quest Info/Daily Dungeon info
http://forums.nodalideas.com/topic.php?id=12838 – Engreat timesbrance Guide
http://wiki.baneworld.com – Baneworld Wiki. In dire need of updating, but does contain some info. If you want to help with the Wiki, send Shardok an in-game message by clicking on the words “No New Messages” or “You Have A New Message”

Hey, I really like this game and think you are God, what can I do to help?

If you’re willing to do anything to help Baneworld we can offer in-game payment for your help, just contact Shardok in-game or post here for further details.

Well, whether or not I am God is still up for discussion in a few countries, but thanks for the sentiments. These links should help show you what you can do. Obviously getting the word out about Baneworld is the best way.

http://forums.nodalideas.com/topic.php?id=13112 – Several voting site links
http://forums.nodalideas.com/topic.php?id=13119 – A guide for advertising Baneworld with articles and screenshots to help you get started.

You can also help with the wiki, as I explained above.

Help with the making of ads would also be kindly appreciated. We are looking for 117x30, 125x125, 234x60, 468x60, 300x250, 728x90, and 160x600. I believe that’s all the common ad types so it should allow us some room to have choices of where we advertise and how. These can be animated or not, and should ideally at least have the name of the game and a little about it being a browser MMORPG. Other than that you’ll have complete decision power on what you put in it. If you’re interested, just contact Shardok in game, or post here or make some ad and then send it in stating what you feel a good in-game payment for it would be.
That’s a lot of words… Do I need to read all that?

No, you don’t. You can just join Baneworld and then come back here and read the questions as you start to need answers to things. Or if you’re feeling especially lazy you can just post your questions about Baneworld here and wait for a reply from someone. Of course, some parts might be good to read, particularly the parts on Some hints and tips…, Why does the game run so slow…, and the first few questions. A lot of the rest is just stuff for people who really want all the information they can get. So, if you don’t want to read this all, just join Baneworld and give it a try.
http://www.baneworld.com

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

might give it a try if im board i duno

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 11/18/2009 8:06PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

meh, if i wanted a mindless grind i would play maplestory again.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

No offense, but the thread title makes me want to NOT play this game. Grinding is just plain boring.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

dobnits Posted:

No offense, but the thread title makes me want to NOT play this game. Grinding is just plain boring.

i dont know about that, for some reason ive been wanting to play rpgs again so i can mindlessly grind then lolrun through the game

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

no thanks

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

“1 .INATTENTIVE (AFK) SCRIPTING:

Away from keyboard (AFK) Scripting refers to the automatic practicing of skills or other actions while you’re not attending the keyboard. “Attending the keyboard” means you must be able to respond to your surroundings within the game, and is distinctly different than “sitting at the keyboard doing other things while your character practices skills.”. It is expressly forbidden in Baneworld for you to gain skills for any of your characters in this manner. Player Helpers (PH) actively seek out those who abuse the system by AFK scripting.”

wut, so i have to pay 100% attention to the game? wtf.

Shardok

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

The whole mindless grind thing is a joke mostly. Don’t worry, it has more interesting quests than WoW does. Although we do have our own fair share of kill X of Y monster and Collect X of Y items.

I started joking about it after some idiot in another forum decided to figure out how many of the weakest monster he would need to kill to get to level 5, because he refused to get better equipment, or anything and didn’t want to die at all, despite the penalty for dying being a really low amount of your gold lost. I think he decided it would take him a little over 6000 kills to get to level 5, then he quit. (Publically of course, what other way of quitting a game you don’t like is there?)

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Eh, tried it out a little, but have to go. My only annoyance with it right now is where the chat/action boxs are, its annoying to scroll up and down every time, would be MUCH better if they were to the huge empty space to the right.

Shardok

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Well. The “huge empty space” you mentioned isn’t seen for everyone, it depends on their resolution. And most people favor scrolling up and down to scrolling left and right.

But could you be a bit more clear on exactly what you are referring to? If it’s the embedded chat, you can open that in a new window and/or turn off embedded chat completely. I really can’t think of what you would be having to scroll up and down with so much though.

Oh, another possibility would be changing between fullscreen/non-fullscreen. It might fit things better in fullscreen or out of it, just depends.

Shardok edited this message on 11/18/2009 8:41PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

The battle chat and stuff where you choose to fire arrows/cast spells. It’d at least be nice for a option so people with different resolutions can choose the options they like.

I’ll try messing with things some more when I can.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 11/18/2009 8:50PM

Shardok

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Yeah. I just checked and figured out what you meant. I’ve made a suggested change and sent it in to the person who actually does stuff related to that.

How does this look to you? http://grabug.web.nowhere-else.org/web/SuggestedChange.jpg Chances are he’ll put a little bit of extra space at the top for embedded chat. I prefer the chat window, so I forgot to put that spot in.

Shardok edited this message on 11/18/2009 9:05PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Yeah, basically what I was talking about.

Shardok

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Were you able to get it in a good looking setup? I will apparently have to pester this guy forever to finally get some changes… He seems more likely to change it to something that *requires* 1280x1024 or more to play.

spartadude

[Troll-o-bots]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I playe dthe game that predated it,NEaB.Fun times, ‘till i got banned.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Adapt Posted:

meh, if i wanted a mindless grind i would play any Korean MMO again.

Fixed. My choice for mindlessly grinding was Ragnarok Online.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!