Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell ayn rand is worse than Hitler

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Thank you for your concession. Strawmen will do that, you know. Feel free to get some intellectual integrity. I will say that you at least made an effort—right up until you got too close to your core beliefs. Then you pulled a Brave Sir Robin.

If you say so. Congratulations on winning the war of atrophy by steadfastly repeating “It’s all the government’s fault” amidst some legitimate statements that have managed to depress me in that I have to acknowledge that people actually believe in them. Who knows, maybe I’ll be back if I care again but somehow I doubt that either of us would ever change the other’s mind on anything, which makes it a bit of a waste of time.

Huge roller-coaster of a thread. Adventure, drama, suspense and lesbian sex with duca!

Ayn Rand is better than Robert Rodriguez!!

Bacchus was banned for this post by Nicco

Bacchus edited this message on 12/02/2010 12:49AM

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Bacchus, I probably could have gone on my whole life happily without ever remembering this attempt at an argument with an opponent who simply diverted all blame away from their side with “Da gub’mint forced ‘dem to” ending with some good old Ad Hominem. You ruined a good hour at work when it aggravated me for a while Log in to see images! Dunatis edited this message on 12/06/2010 12:48AM

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

The American Right has basically no influence over anything whatsoever.

Dunatis Posted:

Bacchus, I probably could have gone on my whole life happily without ever remembering this attempt at an argument with an opponent who simply diverted all blame away from their side with “Da gub’mint forced ‘dem to” ending with some good old Ad Hominem. You ruined a good hour at work when it aggravated me for a while Log in to see images!

If it means anything I’m pretty much entirely with you on this but the argument itself was just too entertaining. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Bacchus Posted:

If it means anything I’m pretty much entirely with you on this but the argument itself was just too entertaining. Log in to see images!

Probably was, I was getting all aggravated to hell trying to argue with a guy who considers sweat shops to be humanitarian aid Log in to see images!

Rubbed me like a rash in all the wrong places, but at least it amused someone Log in to see images!

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that you feel that theft is humanitarian, and that the laws of economics will bend to government whim.

You won’t be dealing with actual reality, of course, but if substituting your own reality makes you feel better….

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

ill tell you whats worse than hitler

the ****in quality on these pics

i can barely make out the decay its like come on germany you fabulous persons you made bmws get your **** together

MOD EDIT: removed shock image

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

**** yeah this thread. Veer would be so proud if he ever came back which he never will

I’d like to point out that bumping threads is good for Flamebate. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Condescending words

Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that you feel that all evil is the fault of the government, and that any ethical problems caused by a corporate or financial entity can in some way be linked to them.

You won’t be dealing with actual reality, of course, but if substituting your own reality makes you feel better….

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Dunatis Posted:

Condescending words

I can needle too, perhaps provoking some Ad Hominem in reply?

I’m not as experienced with it as you but I can always try!

Oh wait, that’s some Ad Hominem right there!!! Good thing I’ve already decided that instead of preaching to the choir (and a scratched record) some more I’ll just be a male reproductive organ in a lame attempt to amuse them instead of

Dunatis Posted:

I was getting all aggravated to hell trying to argue with a guy who considers sweat shops to be humanitarian aid Log in to see images!

Rubbed me like a rash in all the wrong places, but at least it amused someone Log in to see images!

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Bacchus Posted:

I’d like to point out that bumping threads is good for Flamebate. Log in to see images!

Bump!

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Dunatis Posted:

Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that you feel that all evil is the fault of the government

Problem for you is that I don’t, whereas you do feel that theft is humanitarian and governments can make up the rules of economics as they go along.

The rest of your whining has been snipped. In the future, do try not to throw a tantrum as a substitute for real discourse. And do learn what an ad hominem is; prattling on about it when you don’t know what it is makes you look rather foolish.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Problem for you is that I don’t, whereas you do feel that theft is humanitarian and governments can make up the rules of economics as they go along.

I can only bumume that you mean I am arguing in favor of governments and all that they stand for (utter evil apparently?), despite my claim in several posts that I am an anarchist. My claim in this specific argument was that “Government in charge” > “Corporation in charge”, as well as the idea that a power structure in a power void (corporation with a lack of government for example) will become a governing body unto itself. Feel free to remember my position before making baseless accusations.

OverclockedJesus Posted:

The rest of your whining has been snipped. In the future, do try not to throw a tantrum as a substitute for real discourse. And do learn what an ad hominem is; prattling on about it when you don’t know what it is makes you look rather foolish.

Ad Hominem is when you attack the person not the argument. I accused you of being a male reproductive organ rather than saying anything about your argument (not even trying to make discourse at this point) and as for yourself

OverclockedJesus Posted:

Feel free to get some intellectual integrity. I will say that you at least made an effort—right up until you got too close to your core beliefs. Then you pulled a Brave Sir Robin.

That sounds like insulting my integrity and calling me a coward. I tried to argue from multiple points and do not recall backpedaling at all, but feel free to find somewhere I did.

Flailing about like a jackbum AFTER the whole thing was done could be considered flawed integrity, however I had already stepped away so that’s a discussion in and of itself right there as to whether or not it applies.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Dunatis Posted:

I can only bumume that you mean I am arguing in favor of governments and all that they stand for (utter evil apparently?), despite my claim in several posts that I am an anarchist.

Your claim and reality do not appear to match up.

Dunatis Posted:

My claim in this specific argument was that “Government in charge” > “Corporation in charge”

I looked and did not find that claim from you. Feel free to start being honest.

Dunatis Posted:

as well as the idea that a power structure in a power void (corporation with a lack of government for example) will become a governing body unto itself.

And that has never been shown to be truth. In fact, that sounds like something a terrified statist would say while running for the solace of Daddy Government—which clearly does not bode well for your claim of being an “anarchist”.

Dunatis Posted:

Ad Hominem is when you attack the person not the argument.

Which, of course, does not mean sarcasm and pointing out “horrid” truths is ad hominem.

Dunatis Posted:

That sounds like insulting my integrity and calling me a coward.

I can’t insult what you don’t have.

Dunatis

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

OverclockedJesus Posted:

I can’t insult what you don’t have.

Yes, not at all insulting, how could I have been so blind!

OverclockedJesus Posted:

And that has never been shown to be truth. In fact, that sounds like something a terrified statist would say while running for the solace of Daddy Government—which clearly does not bode well for your claim of being an “anarchist”.

Once again you forget my initial argument relying not only on a lack of government, but a lack of financial structure. Resource management yes, to say otherwise would be very special, but not based on a monetary system. And before you say anything yes this is the most hippie idealist theory possible. I acknowledge the inability for large groups of people to work under this at this time but it doesn’t mean I can’t believe in it or desire a progression towards it.

As far as political theory not being shown as the truth, none of your claims of a lack of government in a corporate run system being ideal or even better than the current system have been shown to be truth. Unless of course we’re considering Somalia to be a rousing success, but even then there is an interim government which makes it hard to tell true cause and effect. Furthermore an improvement from what they had before doesn’t say much in war torn third world countries.

OverclockedJesus Posted:

I looked and did not find that claim from you. Feel free to start being honest.

I would have figured that my Log in to see images! might have shown my first claim that I find government technically unnecessary and a waste of time and resources. Combined with the fact that I am arguing against anarcho-capitalism and defending governing bodies which you claim I am in love with, I guess I kind of bumumed that one would add 2 and 2 together to find the conclusion that as much as I would like to have anarcho-communism, I would prefer to have a government running things. I did not state this outright in a concise manner until recently and I apologize if putting all of that together was a little complex for you.

I was never arguing for my ideal position, instead I was arguing for what I consider to be the interim position between yours and my own which relies on a larger group to try and guide morality until it is no longer needed and people care enough about each other to no longer require big brother. I find this preferable to having dollar values bumigned to all of our lives and all things on earth which being constantly bumaulted by marketers telling us what we want and feel to sell it all to me.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

anarchy in the uk

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!