Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell ayn rand is worse than Hitler

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

she created an entire philosophy which has been adopted by the American Right which endorses what is basically death to anyone who isn’t rich+smart. she will be responsible for more deaths than any dictator ever due to the idea of Objectivism and should be despised

rename forum to Bertrand Russels or Noam Chomskys or someone better

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

She didn’t come up with anything. That point of view has been around forever.

Sooper_Duper-
_Fayle

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Yeah. bumholes will be, well, bumholes. Erecting a political philosophy around it to church it up doesn’t change it appreciably.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I don’t see where this is a bad thing. Wed be a lot better off if only the rich and smart were left, regardless of race color or religion. Hitler killed off of something you cant control, which is what you are born into. In my opinion, The New money rich usually get where they are thanks to their abilities for the most part (“old money” those who inherited money, THEY can go collectively to hell thank you) And are deserving of it. The poor remain so because, to put in in a simple perspective, they suck…and from a Darwinian clbum perspective, they are better off dead. But there are bleeding hearts out there that insist that CLODS such as them are allowed to have nice things for nothing…

Actually I’m just going to stop there before I go too far off the deep end, but Ill talk to you via TM or something if youd like.

Don’t worry about this thread though, Ill happily keep this thread open though, as we are all welcome to CIVIL opinion.

Ask me on my opinion on Health care!

Sooper_Duper-
_Fayle

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Listen, I’m all for doctors getting paid boatloads of money. After all, medical school, from all accounts, suck it. And, it lasts forever, so there needs to be a big payout at the end. Same with anyone else who got their Bachelor’s or higher. They put the work in, let them see a pay raise.

Where things get out of hand are those same ‘old money’ folks. If they could be expected to spend a reasonable amount of their net income every year, that’d be fine, but they don’t, really. Which means they get more and more, not by the sweat of their brow, which is fine, as I said before, but because their great-great-great-grandpa’s last name was Hilton.

twas

Level 35 Troll

dobnits Posted:

I don’t see where this is a bad thing. Wed be a lot better off if only the rich and smart were left, regardless of race color or religion. Hitler killed off of something you cant control, which is what you are born into. In my opinion, The New money rich usually get where they are thanks to their abilities for the most part (“old money” those who inherited money, THEY can go collectively to hell thank you) And are deserving of it. The poor remain so because, to put in in a simple perspective, they suck…and from a Darwinian clbum perspective, they are better off dead. But there are bleeding hearts out there that insist that CLODS such as them are allowed to have nice things for nothing…

Actually I’m just going to stop there before I go too far off the deep end, but Ill talk to you via TM or something if youd like.

Don’t worry about this thread though, Ill happily keep this thread open though, as we are all welcome to CIVIL opinion.

Ask me on my opinion on Health care!

I really hope this isn’t your honest point of view.

dobnits

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

was Posted:

I really hope this isn’t your honest point of view.

Id kinda have to ban myself if it wasn’t. I choose not to talk about it unless the topic comes up for this exact reason.

twas

Level 35 Troll

dobnits Posted:

Id kinda have to ban myself if it wasn’t. I choose not to talk about it unless the topic comes up for this exact reason.

Well, I don’t want to get into a big discussion about this, but I want to leave you with one idea. You are born into your clbum and intelligent people are distributed throughout. When most people say “smart” they mean educated and your level of education is partially dependent on the amount of money you can generate.

I think I share your reluctance to debate this on flamebait publicly.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Petition to rename Ayn Rands to Leon Trotsky.

And seriously, yes to this thread. “Rich + Smart = Better” is what’s run the United States into the god-damn ground – we’ve created an economic system where we encourage ourselves to use intelligence and power to simply to ambum wealth. We don’t want to “waste our money” on the health care of others, demand the best education for our own children but underfund our schools, etc.

Really, if it were to happen, the single greatest achievement in American history would be the creation of a maximum wage.

The poor remain so because, to put in in a simple perspective, they suck…and from a Darwinian clbum perspective, they are better off dead.

Except Social Darwinism has no relation to anything Darwin ever said, and only became popular because Andrew Carnegie spent tons of money promoting it to explain why he was rich and why he was better off rich and why he was better than everybody else because he was rich (not that Carnegie was evil – he just stood on the line between philanthropist and colossal douchebag).

If you’re trying to justify less than 5% of the population controlling more than 90% of this country’s wealth…than I applaud your jackbumery, my good sir.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 11/16/2009 12:59AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

dobnits, I am curious. It was not so long ago, in the thread entitled ”Things that **** you off” that you posted this:

dobnits Posted:

Unwarranted Self-Importance and elitism, especially in conjunction.

It seems to me that your opinion has seen a radical shift. Can you tell us what life changing event precipitated this shift?

dobnits

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

When was that,like a year a go. Yeah stuff has happened since then to change my viewpoint. Both that and this remain true at the time they were said.

But that is another story for another day.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Less than 8 months actually. I imagine that congratulations are in order on your good fortune.

I bumume that this wasn’t actually an 8 month process, but that something occurred to change your opinion over a short period of time, and it is simply coming to light now?

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

dobs, if you would elaborate your position into something like

Given everyone has the same “pole position” at birth, those who struggle more to win, who are more ambitious and purposeful, are much more preferable in terms of evolution than those, who lazily live on welfare and don’t care about self-improvement.

then I would definitely agree with you.

But you didn’t. And unfortunately everyone has different life opportunities, and it’s quite unnatural evolution-wise that rich dork with IQ 40 should survive and graduate college instead of a poor genius kid dying somewhere in Bangladesh.

Inconnu edited this message on 11/16/2009 1:06AM

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

I remember being 17 and having no idea how the world works.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 11/16/2009 1:09AM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

lol, so having no money to go to school and never being succesful despite all the intelligence one could have is enough reason to get killed and let society advance, way to go.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

the only thing I’m going to say is that the far right has a lot of serious problems with rand’s attitude toward personal freedoms ie drugs, sex, abortions, things like that. The right likes her taxes, the left likes her social issues.

She’s still a deluded psychopath though.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

dobnits Posted:

In my opinion, The New money rich usually get where they are thanks to their abilities for the most part (“old money” those who inherited money, THEY can go collectively to hell thank you) And are deserving of it.

also lol i know a lot of people that have gone through uni and will probably make lots of money completely by cheating on tests and that kind of stuff, really well deserved.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Inconnu Posted:

dobs, if you would elaborate your position into something like

then I would definitely agree with you.

But you didn’t. And unfortunately everyone has different life opportunities, and it’s quite unnatural evolution-wise that rich dork with IQ 40 should survive and graduate college instead of a poor genius kid dying somewhere in Bangladesh.

I wouldn’t agree with that, because everyone doesn’t have the same “pole position” at birth. And that is a ridiculous characterization of people on welfare.

Let’s not make this about dobnits.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Can we stop comparing people to Hitler? I am sure history is full of people that can be substituted.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ok, rather than something inflammatory or troll-baity, how about a scenario?

A young child grows up in a very poor family. The child is bright, interested and excels in learning environments. The child does not (obviously) have control over their home environment – perhaps it is simply a family without means, perhaps the parents aren’t bright, perhaps there is addiction or illness -whatever the reason, it has resulted in a struggle for basic necessities.

The family grows. Now there are other children, money becomes tighter.

The child, now teen aged, finishes high school, is awarded merit based scholarships to far off universities, but the child has held a job and has been helping to provide basic necessities for the family for some time.

If the child leaves, it will certainly be an act of abandonment and will leave the family in a precarious situation. Something the parents perhaps deserve, but the other children don’t as they are innocent in the situation.

What course of action is recommended? And depending on the choice, what repercussions are “deserved” so to speak.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!