Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Domination discussion

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Inconnu Posted:

You know, I’ve been thinking of this “ET, fix the damn bracket sorting mechanism” paradigm lately, and it seems almost impossible task now. You can’t possibly sort people by number of medals (which is necessary due “no-tie bracket” idea) AND by player’s account.

Look at current Dom rankings and bracket numbers. Top-5 brackets have ~100 alts capacity (bumuming 20 is max). 130 alts have over 5 medals. Let’s bumume 1/3 of them are inactive this week (which is about right). This leaves us with 100 alts in 100 spots – not a huge number of options, right? Now, if my alts currently have 7-6-5-6-7-6 medals, and only 5 brackets available, each active alt must be sorted into separate bracket. If you multiply this by the number of players with 5+ alts, you’d see this is virtually impossible to satisfy each one.

You can only play domination with 5 alts, though. One of those is sitting out and isn’t factored in.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Master_Troll Posted:

You can only play domination with 5 alts, though. One of those is sitting out and isn’t factored in.

Inconnu Posted:

...only 5 brackets available, each active alt must be sorted into separate bracket.

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Not sure but looks like the 3 medals in this bracket has already been arranged Log in to see images!

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Something I once posted somewhere else –

Something like – the top 300 ranked dom characters are sorted into twenty groups, everyone in the first group is bumigned a number one, the second group two, etc. When you get your first scoop, the system checks the bracket with your number, plus two brackets above and below, and puts you in the one with the fewest people. If a bracket has an alt of yours it’s skipped. Players bumigned to group one and two would also check down to bracket five.

There probably should ideally be more characters grouped together as you go farther on in the list, since more of those don’t play every week. Also twenty might be too many, maybe seventeen or eighteen would work better. All characters not in the top 300 would be bumigned the number 21 (or whatever the next number after the last one used is)

Catt although edited this message on 11/18/2009 11:43AM

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

So I went ahead and attacked anyone who was leading. But they still have a lot of scoops. What now? Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My round had a lot of ties, until someone screwed up one player without a lot of Shields. Try to make people have ties! And make sure the ties are in the form of some geometric shape.

For example, the ties in my round: two people had max and min scoops, and two people had fave flava. The two who had max/min were above the people with fav flava.

So it formed a “Y”.

UnlimitedTyy-
ppi

Avatar: 217173 2009-11-18 08:46:15 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

quantumenergy Posted:

So I went ahead and attacked anyone who was leading. But they still have a lot of scoops. What now? Log in to see images!

forget that the domination link exists for the rest of dom week.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!