Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho An open letter to my beloved Moderation staff

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Dearest Sirs and Madame,

I am unfortunately writing you with a bit of ire in my loins. For many years now, you and I have coexisted in a very strained but ultimately harmless and respectful see-saw battle of shenanigans and bans. I hope you all know that anytime I “trolled” you, whether it be in the designated RP sections or Blatant trolling threads started in non-RP that somehow made it to FoW, it was all in good fun and only intended to liven up the community a bit. I could compare it to the lion tamer that sticks his head in the mouth of the beast for the crowd. I know full well that any of you could have chomped my head off at any time, and I appreciate you putting up with my juvenile and disruptive actions.

It is because of this mutual respect and understanding that I am unable to digest what happened recently here. If you want to troll me back, troll me back. Make all the posts you want to fight back. Make threads, make some ill-conceived enemy list, do whatever you feel you have to to save your rep or whatever you’re concerned with. Any of these things, the things that all posters and all members of this community can do, would never have upset me. In fact, I encourage all of these things, because they make for a more lively and entertaining environment.

Mods, and I hate addressing this to all of you, but I don’t know who actually did this thing so I have to make it broad, but mods, I am incredibly disappointed that one of you decided it was appropriate to edit one of my posts, not include a note saying said post was edited, then move the thread it was in to FoW, where it will forever be enshrined.

I’m speechless really. Do I bother some of you enough that you feel this vindictive move was not only necessary but appropriate? Do you really feel that abusing the tools CZ gave you to moderate OUR community is justified when used against someone you don’t like? I really don’t understand how one of you could think that stealthily editing my post was within your power.

By the way, oh cleverest of clever mods, there are still some circles out there who view homoerotic linkages as a reason to discriminate against someone, so you can shut the **** up about editing it for “reputation” or “libel” reasons.

Thankfully, Tubsweetie is still able to differentiate his mod responsibilities and powers from his rp character here, and deleted said post for me already. I’d also like to give an overdue thank you to Phin and Space for actually taking the time to provide feedback on questions about bans and grey-area matters.

I put a lot of time and effort into my posting here, and I really don’t appreciate people using things I have no access to to edit my posts in a section that I have no means of editing myself.

On the off chance an Admin performed said edit, permaban me because lol. I know you guys are clueless about how to maintain/repair this community, but ****ing off people who actually contribute doesn’t seem to be a very good way to start. This “prank” seems about as well thought out as posing a fake retirement thread, then YHBTing everyone with an underage boys’ male reproductive organ.

Eternally yours,

Hobart Q Bliggity

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

Full ‘o’ Truth ITT. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

This thread was started by a man deserving of respect among Trolls and mods alike.

Keep up the good fight Hobart!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

FoW please.

I think the moderator who edited it should admit they did it and then leave the mod team.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Sounds good to me.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

One could argue that years, even months ago I would have just made this thread as an excuse to repost the questionable material that got edited in the first place. I haven’t done that, and I haven’t even said where said editing occured. I hope you mods realize that I am showing you how very serious I am about this, and how much I expect a serious reply. My patience is growing thin with this entire site, please do not think that I am simply “causing drama” for my own entertainment again. The more I think about this the more obvious it becomes that one of you stepped over the line for your own personal vindictive reasons. This is not tolerable behavior from a mod.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Uh, yeah, that was me. And no, I’m not stripping myself of mod powers.

The original post in question implied that a certain IRL Crotch Zombie employee “might” own CP, in what you no doubt thought was a clever way to cirgreat timesvent what we consider slander. I don’t appreciate seeing that kind of thing on this site, and considering the source’s stated motivation, I’m surprised you’d ever think we’d just leave it there.

Now, the first time you posted it, I just quietly deleted it, bumuming you’d get the message. But, in your infinite wisdom, you decided to post the exact same thing again. Hence, my admittedly not well thought-out “prank.” But I was out of town when I saw it pop up and didn’t really feel like dealing with it more formally.

Yup, my first instinct would have been to ban you (despite all your self-proclaimed “contributions” here), and I’m pretty sure most other mods would have done the same. So in my opinion, changing your post to an albeit realistic confession meant you got off easy.

Note that it was still in RP when I did it, and the fact that everything in FoW falls under CD is merely a quirk of Flamebate. So is the fact that mods can’t edit posts while they’re in FoW. So is the fact that simply deleting the last post in a thread can crash the entire site.

All of the above issues are far more pressing than the federal case you’ve made out of your stupid little post, but thanks TUBSWEETIE for taking care of it. If you really want to keep pursuing this, then I’d say we’ll also have to reconsider how to deal with your original post.

Personally, I propose we forget this whole thing happened and move this thread to Whiny ****es.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

/snip

I don’t think I should’ve been banned for sending you tubmails, imo. Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

lol cid edited some of my rp post because they were bothering him somehow so

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

ChilePepino Posted:

Certainly sounds like Cid to me. Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

ChilePepino Posted:

That could be an improvement. He used to just close the threads because he couldn’t handle the direction they were going. People seem to forget that he is the worst moderator here.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

was Posted:

That could be an improvement. He used to just close the threads because he couldn’t handle the direction they were going. People seem to forget that he is the worst moderator here.

he is still doing it, maybe you didn’t see that Lockerz thread a guy did to send invites?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

was Posted:

I wouldn’t call him the WORST mod, just the most perma-bumhurt.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, Cid is in fact the worst mod on Forumwarz. Log in to see images! Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 11/16/2009 2:07AM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

one time i deleted a skyman post because it suggest dkr go back to spamming Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 Posted:

I wouldn’t call him the WORST mod, just the most perma-bumhurt.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, Cid is in fact the worst mod on Forumwarz. Log in to see images!

watch out he might ban you for “trolling”

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

CrinkzPipe Posted:

watch out he might ban you for “trolling”

As I see it there’s a 50% chance he’ll ban everyone in this thread out of bumhurt, so I feel good about those odds.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Uh, yeah, that was me. And no, I’m not stripping myself of mod powers.

The original post in question implied that a certain IRL Crotch Zombie employee “might” own CP, in what you no doubt thought was a clever way to cirgreat timesvent what we consider slander. I don’t appreciate seeing that kind of thing on this site, and considering the source’s stated motivation, I’m surprised you’d ever think we’d just leave it there.

I would normally argue that you “didn’t get” the joke here, but there are bigger matters to attend to.

Now, the first time you posted it, I just quietly deleted it, bumuming you’d get the message. But, in your infinite wisdom, you decided to post the exact same thing again. Hence, my admittedly not well thought-out “prank.” But I was out of town when I saw it pop up and didn’t really feel like dealing with it more formally.

The first time I posted that exact sentence, it was as a thread title about the new slander/libel and wikipedia rule, and again, anyone who could comprehend the joke would understand that it was in no way libelous and was simply meant as a joke/conversation starter about what is/isn’t acceptable here.

And if memory serves, Phineas changed it the first time.

Yup, my first instinct would have been to ban you (despite all your self-proclaimed “contributions” here),

I have contributed nothing to this community ever. The fact that you can see though my bull**** claims truly proves how in-touch with the community you are.

and I’m pretty sure most other mods would have done the same. So in my opinion, changing your post to an albeit realistic confession meant you got off easy.

First off, I’ll just bumume that “realistic” was a typo, mentally add an “un” in front of it, and carry on knowing that the lead writer wouldn’t possibly be trolling me in CD.

Second, you can’t even pretend to say you know what “most” mods would do, considering what members of the mod team have to say about fellow mods and the decisions they make.

Note that it was still in RP when I did it, and the fact that everything in FoW falls under CD is merely a quirk of Flamebate. So is the fact that mods can’t edit posts while they’re in FoW. So is the fact that simply deleting the last post in a thread can crash the entire site.

Heaven forbid you make another post in the thread before deleting mine to avoid crashing the site in a way you are completely aware of.

All of the above issues are far more pressing than the federal case you’ve made out of your stupid little post, but thanks TUBSWEETIE for taking care of it. If you really want to keep pursuing this, then I’d say we’ll also have to reconsider how to deal with your original post.

Thank you for belittling the concerns of someone who has donated to your site multiple times. If you wish to reconsider the post you clearly didn’t understand that was made in an RP forum in a thread full of untrue things about you, be my guest.

As an admin, you have the power to do and get away with whatever you want to. Had a mod been responsible for this, I’d be much more ****ed off. Since it’s you, I just have to shrug and say you’re an idiot and kind of a doucebag, but it’s your site and whatever you want to do you can do. I’m not about to argue that.

I said in the OP that if you were behind this edit, I would want nothing more to do with this place. If you want to hold me to that, I’m ok with it.

I’m sorry that I never contributed anything to this community JB. Imagine all I could have done had I tried to keep the forums alive and given these awesome and funny people some reason to keep coming back to the site long after they were done reading your content. It’s a shame we’ll never know what could have been…

P.S. If I write my own ****ty boring sidequest can you take the quotations off of “contributions”?

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Hobart, I love you and I’ll miss you when you’re finally pushed away from this place.

Also, Mike Drach will acknowledge your response and reply appropriately in a timely manner.

Ricket edited this message on 11/16/2009 6:24AM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Users threatening to leave site forever for not getting enough attention sure have clbum.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!