Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Please explain this INCIT rule to me

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i only know the jackpot entry and a couple of mine that are linked in my profile. and also the one that irawr kept using a while ago of “if this wins – i’ll **** on a toad”

Let me add I do think copying another persons entry in the very next round in most instances should be viewed as satire or parody and not plagiarism and should not be bannable.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

I totally agree with MCB. Not only the entries could be repeated, they actually should. Repetition is how any Internet meme is created, and this actually is what “parody role-playing game that takes place on the Internet” for.

Also, it’s not the plagiarism itself caused these new rules, but rather illegal alts and other ways of abusing the game. I agree, illegal alts should be banned, but why change the rules this way?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

MC Banhammer Posted:

No, that’s not the well-known ones, that’s the entire list. Big difference.

Presumably I wouldn’t get banned for using a little-known one, as that’s not in the rules. Just the well-known ones.

And CS, I didn’t say I was going to re-use an entry of mine. I’m asking WHY I can’t.

Well probably not the whole list but I believe the ones with the highest votes are popular enough to be considered well-known Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Inconnu Posted:

I totally agree with MCB. Not only the entries could be repeated, they actually should. Repetition is how any Internet meme is created, and this actually is what “parody role-playing game that takes place on the Internet” for.

Also, it’s not the plagiarism itself caused these new rules, but rather illegal alts and other ways of abusing the game. I agree, illegal alts should be banned, but why change the rules this way?

Memes should just happen. Nobody likes forced memes. That’s not a good argument.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Celerysteve Posted:

Memes should just happen. Nobody likes forced memes. That’s not a good argument.

Nevertheless everyone uses them, as long as they are funny. Say, “Dear diary” is always a hilarious entry when used on appropriate picture. It’s just us who seen this entry zillion times and bored with it already, while newbies still consider it funny.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

quangntenemy Posted:

Here’s a list for you, sorted by highest votes, with 8915 pages. Happy browsing Log in to see images!

http://www.forumwarz.com/incit/more_highest

Haha my entry is the 6th higest, I never expected that.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

heyMCB welcome to the other side of the rules.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

quangntenemy Posted:

Well probably not the whole list but I believe the ones with the highest votes are popular enough to be considered well-known Log in to see images!

I didn’t know any of those. Some really funny ones, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!