Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business What Is Lockerz?

Dorque

Avatar: 84988 Sat Nov 29 18:46:03 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hey all, I’m sure you’ve all noticed my ad for Lockerz by this point.

What I didn’t realize before I made it is that many people still haven’t heard of Lockerz – and that most of those who have are very misinformed… thanks to spammy, full-of-crap ads all over the internet. Heh.

So, in an effort to enlighten, here are the real facts about Lockerz – what it is, and why you want to join. Most of this is blatantly ripped from Lockerz own FAQs, with some of my own commentary for good measure.

1. What is Lockerz? Lockerz is an invitation-only worldwide community where members can find entertainment, shopping and a full social network all on one website. Members are rewarded for almost everything they do on the site—whether it’s buying a cool new brand, watching a video, playing a game, answering a daily question or even just logging in. At launch, Lockerz will have more than 15 ways for members to earn PTZ.

2. What types of products can be purchased at Lockerz? We’ve partnered with thousands of the best brands and stores to bring you the latest and greatest in every category – electronics, designer gear, stylish accessories, sports equipment and more. Members will soon be able to purchase digital bumets such as music, videos, art, and decals.

3. What can you do with PTZ on Lockerz? PTZ can be used only on Lockerz right now for free prizes in PTZ Place, for entering amazing sweepstakes as many times as you want in the same contest, and for charity donations. After launch, PTZ may be used for amazing discounts on items for sale, free shipping, VIP experiences across the globe as well as free prizes and charity donations in PTZ Place.

7. Does Lockerz ship internationally? Yes.

10. How will Lockerz make money? Starting later this fall, you will be able to purchase products at Lockerz. But don’t worry, PTZ Place will still be around, with way more prizes and experiences. Members will be able to earn PTZ every time they buy, watch, play, share, invite friends, or simply show up on Lockerz. PTZ will be redeemable for both products and experiences.

All right, it goes on for a lot more useless crap, but you get the idea – at least, the idea of what they’re telling you. Here’s the rest of it.

The real deal is that Lockerz is being operated by Kathy Savitt. She’s the former VP of Amazon and former CEO of American Eagle Outfitters, and she did so well at both that she’s decided to start her own company. She still has some pretty good contacts at Amazon though, since they keep giving away Amazon gift certificates on the cheap. It’s worth noting that she and Lockerz are also directly sponsored by Liberty Media, which is probably where a lot of their profit will come from (Liberty is HUGE and will probably do a lot of advertising there.)

So, why’s it matter to you? Because PTZ are easy to earn. All you have to do is show up on the site every day for two minutes. And if you can manage ForumWarz, you can manage to show up on Lockerz.

In addition, since Lockerz is still in beta, all of the prizes are incredibly cheap right now. You could grab a new PS3 game in about a month with two minutes of your time every day (less if you have a fast connection. =P) Also because it’s in beta, it’s invite-only membership right now, so you need to get someone to invite you… which is where I come in, of course.

So, that’s the scoop. Hopefully someone finds themselves more informed. Log in to see images!

Oh yeah, have to post the obligatory invite link. Follow it for a fast, free, safe and secure Lockerz invite, if you’d like one.

http://www.thebotnet.com/lockerzinvite/?user=Dorque

FunJelly8

Avatar: 178195 2009-10-20 15:57:25 -0400

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

Raffles, forever and ever and ever and ever :swoon:

Dorque Posted:

Hey all, I’m sure you’ve all noticed my ad for Lockerz by this point.

What I didn’t realize before I made it is that many people still haven’t heard of Lockerz – and that most of those who have are very misinformed… thanks to spammy, full-of-crap ads all over the internet. Heh.

So, in an effort to enlighten, here are the real facts about Lockerz – what it is, and why you want to join. Most of this is blatantly ripped from Lockerz own FAQs, with some of my own commentary for good measure.

All right, it goes on for a lot more useless crap, but you get the idea – at least, the idea of what they’re telling you. Here’s the rest of it.

The real deal is that Lockerz is being operated by Kathy Savitt. She’s the former VP of Amazon and former CEO of American Eagle Outfitters, and she did so well at both that she’s decided to start her own company. She still has some pretty good contacts at Amazon though, since they keep giving away Amazon gift certificates on the cheap. It’s worth noting that she and Lockerz are also directly sponsored by Liberty Media, which is probably where a lot of their profit will come from (Liberty is HUGE and will probably do a lot of advertising there.)

So, why’s it matter to you? Because PTZ are easy to earn. All you have to do is show up on the site every day for two minutes. And if you can manage ForumWarz, you can manage to show up on Lockerz.

In addition, since Lockerz is still in beta, all of the prizes are incredibly cheap right now. You could grab a new PS3 game in about a month with two minutes of your time every day (less if you have a fast connection. =P) Also because it’s in beta, it’s invite-only membership right now, so you need to get someone to invite you… which is where I come in, of course.

So, that’s the scoop. Hopefully someone finds themselves more informed. Log in to see images!

Oh yeah, have to post the obligatory invite link. Follow it for a fast, free, safe and secure Lockerz invite, if you’d like one.

http://www.thebotnet.com/lockerzinvite/?user=Dorque

ban imo. keep fwz lockerz scam free. thanks in advance

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

FunJelly8 Posted:

this.

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

What do you get out of it?

FunJelly8

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

Dan the Automator Posted:

nothing. you give them your full data (name, age, living place, date of birth, everything) and answer market research questions on a wanna-be modern designed site feeling permanently underchallenged and youll get 2 points a day.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

FunJelly8 Posted:

nothing. you give them your full data (name, age, living place, date of birth, everything) and answer market research questions on a wanna-be modern designed site feeling permanently underchallenged and youll get 2 points a day.

Speaking from experience? Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

FunJelly8 Posted:

FunJelly8

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

Speaking from experience? Log in to see images!

yeah, i tried it because my xbox broke Log in to see images!

Dorque

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

FunJelly8 Posted:

I’m very sorry you feel that way. It’s not a scam and there is plenty of proof that it’s not a scam if you care to do your research, but you’re more than free to make up your own mind about whether you’d like to be a part of it or not. That is why I wrote up what I feel to be an informative post.

Why you feel that a post of honest information that leaves the choice entirely up to the reader deserves a ban is beyond me. My post is certainly not against the site rules.

However, if that is the way you’d like this to be, may I remind you of the following that is in the site rules:

The Civil Discussion forums are for discussing Forumwarz and the real world in a useful and entertaining fashion. Don’t troll them up with personal insults, nonconstructive criticism/suggestions/answers, off-topic posts, mini-modding, and the like.

Again, my sincere apologies that you find my post to be so objectionable.

Regards.

::EDIT::

To address the valid concern that was brought up:

You answer one daily question a day, which is usually a one-word or one-phrase answer (Yesterday’s was “Yankees or Mets?”, today’s was “What’s the best street food?” ) and you get two PTZ, to be spent however you like. To add some comparison, new video games cost 100 PTZ currently (PS3, Wii, X360, DS and PSP), contests cost 10 PTZ each (one was for 250 PTZ, one was for a VIP concert, one was for the newest model iPod,) and big-ticket items like a 120GB PS3 slim cost 625 PTZ.

Dorque edited this message on 11/10/2009 3:07AM

FunJelly8

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

thing is

lockerz IS scam. you give them your info, you do maketresearching for them, you get new people to join.

all you get are some minimal points and MAYBE they have the price you want. it IS scam, they may be not stealing your money but certainly your info and time.

also

im not discussiong this with you, i am TELLING you that this is complete and utter bull**** and everyone with at least some internet experience knows that nobody gives you **** for free.

so i repeat:

no lockerz scam here please, do that somewhere else.

FunJelly8 edited this message on 11/10/2009 3:12AM

Dorque

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

FunJelly8 Posted:

thing is

lockerz IS scam. you give them your info, you do maketresearching for them, you get new people to join.

all you get are some minimal points and MAYBE they have the price you want. it IS scam, they may be not stealing your money but certainly your info and time.

FunJelly8,

I am going to make one more reply to you and then I am done with you whether or not this reply has any impact.

I’m asking you to keep in mind that your opinion is just that – your opinion.

A “scam”, a word you rather like, is where you pay for something in some manner (time, money, information) and do not receive promised compensation for it, or pay for something on the faith that you will receive compensation and then do not receive any (for an example of the second, if you buy a book that promises to teach you how to make money and then fails to do so, that is a scam.)

In this case, it is very clear in advance what you are receiving. You are giving some personal information (yes, some, not nearly the amount that you have indicated) in order to receive points on the site and the opportunity to earn more points. These points can then be exchanged for items.

I have never, in my time on Lockerz, seen a single “market research survey” as you seem to think is there. Are you sure you’re thinking of the same site?

In any case, I have stated my (researched and informed) opinion and you have stated yours (which, pardon me, I have yet to see any proof of from you or any other source, or in fact any thought at all beyond mindless ad hominem) and there is no need for further discussion on the subject.

I trust that most people on this forum are intelligent enough to do their own research and make their own decisions, and really don’t need you to “protect” them from something that they are at no risk from in the first place. Log in to see images!

Again,

Regards.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

This is hella gay. Idk why anyone would want to do this.

FunJelly8

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

lol @ the idiots giving out info to lockerz

FunJelly8

[pizza party]

Level 66 Troll

Dorque Posted:

FunJelly8,

I am going to make one more reply to you and then I am done with you whether or not this reply has any impact.

I’m asking you to keep in mind that your opinion is just that – your opinion.

A “scam”, a word you rather like, is where you pay for something in some manner (time, money, information) and do not receive promised compensation for it, or pay for something on the faith that you will receive compensation and then do not receive any (for an example of the second, if you buy a book that promises to teach you how to make money and then fails to do so, that is a scam.)

In this case, it is very clear in advance what you are receiving. You are giving some personal information (yes, some, not nearly the amount that you have indicated) in order to receive points on the site and the opportunity to earn more points. These points can then be exchanged for items.

I have never, in my time on Lockerz, seen a single “market research survey” as you seem to think is there. Are you sure you’re thinking of the same site?

In any case, I have stated my (researched and informed) opinion and you have stated yours (which, pardon me, I have yet to see any proof of from you or any other source, or in fact any thought at all beyond mindless ad hominem) and there is no need for further discussion on the subject.

I trust that most people on this forum are intelligent enough to do their own research and make their own decisions, and really don’t need you to “protect” them from something that they are at no risk from in the first place. Log in to see images!

Again,

Regards.

all i say KEEP IT THE **** OUT OF CD AND FWZ IN GENERAL

i think it is scam and i dont want this awesomeLog in to see images!

FunJelly8 was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

Dan the Auto-
mator

Level 56 Camwhore

Arktor Forever!

What I was meaning to be asking was what do you get out of referring someone?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

It’s a pyramid scheme. They receive emails and personal info, and they sell it. You get stuff sometimes if you work hard enough collecting that info from other people by referring them.

It’s just ****ing annoying.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

What I was meaning to be asking was what do you get out of referring someone?

You earn double (4) “ptz” per day when you reach 20 referrals, and you also get 2 “ptz” everytime someone signs up with your referral link.

At OP: People have been offering Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Dorque Posted:

Again, my sincere apologies that you find my post to be so objectionable.

Regards.

::EDIT::

To address the valid concern that was brought up:

You answer one daily question a day, which is usually a one-word or one-phrase answer (Yesterday’s was “Yankees or Mets?”, today’s was “What’s the best street food?” ) and you get two PTZ, to be spent however you like. To add some comparison, new video games cost 100 PTZ currently (PS3, Wii, X360, DS and PSP), contests cost 10 PTZ each (one was for 250 PTZ, one was for a VIP concert, one was for the newest model iPod,) and big-ticket items like a 120GB PS3 slim cost 625 PTZ.

Have you received anything from them? 2 points a day so you can get a new video game in 50 days easy then right? I don’t believe it.

The Gentleman

Avatar: 206477 2009-09-16 15:48:39 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

I’m pretty sure someone did this but gave 1BP to each person who signed up. Also, I just spammed your e-mail taker with ****.

janpii1

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!