Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 3 Chocolate Scoop Notification

Neo King Ghi-
dorah

[The Spoony Experim-
ent - Forumwarz Ba-
se
]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Okay, this is a stupid and small, but it irks me. Basically I went to my character page and it said I got 5 votes on forumbuildr. So I checked how my votes were doing and nothing got 5 votes! It turns out it was a itembuildr contribution that got upvoted 5 times.

Just a little bug, barely even a problem, just wanted to know if I’m the only one experiencing this.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

chocolate scoops are chocolate scoops, I dont think it makes much of a difference where you got it.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

dobnits Posted:

chocolate scoops are chocolate scoops, I dont think it makes much of a difference where you got it.

I think it makes you quite a difference. For instance:

“Where did you get herpes from?” If you got it from your girlfriend, but all you could say was “I got it from my mum”, you’d be a little annoyed.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

im pretty sure a life long disease is different to a small set of binary code on the computer

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

I think it makes you quite a difference. For instance:

“Where did you get herpes from?” If you got it from your girlfriend, but all you could say was “I got it from my mum”, you’d be a little annoyed.

lol upvoting this Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Chawin Posted:

im pretty sure a life long disease is different to a small set of binary code on the computer

True.

Especially as the small set of binary code on the computer is much easier to cure than the life long disease.

As a supporter of cures, I’ve seconded the request for the notification to be changed every since it was first brought up, and p much every time since then.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

A better thing to complain about would be consolidating duplicate notifications on chocolate scoops. I mean, today for example I got 15 choco scoops from forumbuildr. It filled up my whole character page basically. Can’t I just a daily running total?

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

handofg0d Posted:

A better thing to complain about would be consolidating duplicate notifications on chocolate scoops. I mean, today for example I got 15 choco scoops from forumbuildr. It filled up my whole character page basically. Can’t I just a daily running total?

That’s actually wrong domwise. Sometimes you need to respond quick enough to your scoop gain.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Customizable notifications.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Inconnu Posted:

That’s actually wrong domwise. Sometimes you need to respond quick enough to your scoop gain.

Domination does not run this entire site. At least make it an option.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

handofg0d Posted:

Domination does not run this entire site.

Notifications as they are now disagree with this premise. See: “You received many new fans!”, “You Pwned x Unique Forums in a row!”, “You Dominated 4 Forums!”, “You won a high stakes bet!”.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fie Posted:

Customizable

This is the real answer to every complaint on the site that doesn’t involve voting or funny. We just need the options to configure things however we want.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

mterek Posted:

This is the real answer to every complaint on the site that doesn’t involve voting or funny. We just need the developers to spend a lot of time fixing minor annoyances by allowing us to do things exactly the way we want to do them, when there are much larger, more pressing issues for them to handle.

I fixed your post for you. I don’t think it’s worth the time or effort for CZ to tweak the notifications at this juncture (and giving us the option to display the scoop notifications any way we want would take an absurd amount of time for something so completely trivial), especially in light of everything else that is wrong with the itembuildr system.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

I fixed your post for you. I don’t think it’s worth the time or effort for CZ to tweak the notifications at this juncture (and giving us the option to display the scoop notifications any way we want would take an absurd amount of time for something so completely trivial), especially in light of everything else that is wrong with the itembuildr system.

Fixing the itembuildr notification as requested by the OP would be a one-line change ET could whip out in 3 seconds. Maybe 5. That falls solidly into the “Hey, maybe ET will do this when he needs a break from looking at the harder stuff” category.

Yes I’m bumuming. But I don’t think it’s an unreasonable bumumption.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!