Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Rant Grandchase.net Banner Ads

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

The banner advertisements from Grandchase.net make my computer run extremely slow.

These are the ones that are heavily animated and show panels of small characters being opened and closed and changed (from what I can tell). They are primarily black and red in color.

Firefox nearly locks up, and I have trouble switching between tabs.

It’s bad enough when there’s one on a page, but usually there are two or three displaying at a time.

Is there any way these could either be toned down or removed in favor of other advertisements?

I have no idea what they’re advertising, but the way they’re sabotaging my browser, I’m not sure I want to know.

I’d rather not spend brownie points just because one advertisement screws up my computer.

I don’t mind the others, and in fact, have been interested in a few of them.

Anyone else had problems like this?

ROBO-MONSTER

Level 10 Re-Re

You have Firefox? Go to the addons page and get AdBlockPlus.No more ads, EVER.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

ROBO-MONSTER Posted:

Don’t forget that if you are not buying brownie points, then you should allow the ads on ForumWarz through to help support development. As Corion said above, sometimes those ads are actually offering products that we might be interested in.

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose

ROBO-MONSTER

Level 10 Re-Re

I think ET only gets money if the adds are clicked. Regardless, they are influencing his abilities to play, so he is justified in disabling adds. Besides, AdBlock lets you disable only specific adds too.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

ROBO-MONSTER Posted:

I should look for that cause like I have previously posted. Im not rich like you batards and those extremely pimp quad cores. I have a 32 bit single core socket A.. and those flash ads are killing me. You tube vids like to tack it out kinda good too. But everything else is smooth. Especially when the ads dont move. It’s the moving ones that screw me.

Vince Russo

[WeChall]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I have problems with the ads as well. I don’t mind the non-flash based ads promoting the game and such, its the ky-jelly ad in flash that blocks my screen that I have a problem with.

I guess when I scrounge up a few bucks, I’ll probably actually pay to remove the things but for right now, by hook or by crook those ads need to go.

vanessa

Level 10 Troll

Hitler Cat Sez: Get in the Oven!

flamin kooz Posted:

Im not rich like you batards and those extremely pimp quad cores.

COLLECT SUM CANS U LAZY CHEEPSKATE

HOW DO U THINK HOMELESS PPL BUY THERE ALCOHOL? LIEK U KANT GET $5 USD TO SUPPORT CZ.

fabulous personGIT.

vanessa Posted:

COLLECT SUM CANS U LAZY CHEEPSKATE

HOW DO U THINK HOMELESS PPL BUY THERE ALCOHOL? LIEK U KANT GET $5 USD TO SUPPORT CZ.

fabulous personGIT.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

hehehe too much work!! No I start work in a few days so who knows I may do a nice build soon.

Imski

Avatar: 188518 Sat Jul 11 10:11:41 -0400 2009

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Yeah and the evony ads are misleading though NO-HOMO Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!