Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Hell 3BP THE BIGGEST FLAMER Battle Royal Deathmatch ROUND 2

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Drakodan, as much as I don’t really want to admit it myself, I kind of have to agree with Spacekadt. I mean the rule is pretty cut and dry… Rules like “no trolling”, for example, are open to an individuals interpretation of what is trolling… but the rule you broke is pretty black and white.

I need to head to the store. I will consult with my partner Jim Beam on this and get back to you for the final verdict.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It just occurred to me, what it really boils down to is, is if we accept crinkzpipe’s technacality:

CrinkzPipe Posted:

You said “Crinkz is eliminated”

Yet, my name is CrinkzPipe, how am I eliminated?

If he gets a pbum on this, Drakodan should too, because he was responding to something Crinkzpipe said BEFORE the “correctly worded” elimination. Responding to an eliminated persons post *they made after being eliminated* was obviously the implied rule (even if not explicitly stated).

Here’s how I see it: If Crinkz doesn’t get the ban, Drakodan stands.

If the mods ban Crinkz then I will be forced to eliminate Drakodan. If they let Crinkz slide, Drakodan slides. I’m not saying I prefer either, but it’s got to be one or the other in all fairness.

Celerysteve edited this message on 10/30/2009 10:37PM

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

Avatar: 70410 Tue Mar 31 18:27:10 -0400 2009

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Posesses, and is, an incredibly large male reproductive organ

Celerysteve Posted:

It just occurred to me, what it really boils down to is, is if we accept crinkzpipe’s technacality:

If he gets a pbum on this, Drakodan should too, because he was responding to something Crinkzpipe said BEFORE the “correctly worded” elimination. Responding to an eliminated persons post *they made after being eliminated* was obviously the implied rule (even if not explicitly stated).

Here’s how I see it: If Crinkz doesn’t get the ban, Drakodan stands.

If the mods ban Crinkz then I will be forced to eliminate Drakodan. If they let Crinkz slide, Drakodan slides. I’m not saying I prefer either, but it’s got to be one or the other in all fairness.

JUST POINTING OUT THAT DRAKO STILL REPLIED TO CRINKZPIPE AFTER YOU MADE IT MORE CLEAR.

SIG-ENABLING-MOCK CONGLER edited this message on 10/30/2009 10:43PM

Velguador

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

No, the message I quoted was one he posted after you said ALL contestants excpet for Drakodan and the other one were eliminated.

So it was pretty clear he was breaking the rule regardless.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Velguador Posted:

No, the message I quoted was one he posted after you said ALL contestants excpet for Drakodan and the other one were eliminated.

So it was pretty clear he was breaking the rule regardless.

OH LOOK, IT’S A ELIMINATED CONTESTANT POSTING.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Yeah, but what I’m saying is (if we in fact grant the first elimination as not counting) he responded to a legitimate post Crinkzpipe made BEFORE Crinkzpipe was eliminated; if Crinkzpipe had posted something after the “official” elimination it’d be different.

What I’m saying wasn’t explicitly stated in the rules, but it’s what I implied and what should be viewed as common sense. Example: If person A says something and you go to write response to person A, but I quickly post person A is eliminated before you finish, that should not count against you; it should only count if they were eliminated already and had no right to post. On that principle, Drakodan was replying to a legitimately made post, not a post made by somebody after they got banned.

SIG-ENABLING-
-MOCK CONGLER

[The Airship]

Level 20 Hacker

Celerysteve Posted:

Yeah, but what I’m saying is (if we in fact grant the first elimination as not counting) he responded to a legitimate post Crinkzpipe made BEFORE Crinkzpipe was eliminated; if Crinkzpipe had posted something after the “official” elimination it’d be different.

What I’m saying wasn’t explicitly stated in the rules, but it’s what I implied and what should be viewed as common sense. Example: If person A says something and you go to write response to person A, but I quickly post person A is eliminated before you finish, that should not count against you; it should only count if they were eliminated already and had no right to post. On that principle, Drakodan was replying to a legitimately made post, not a post made by somebody after they got banned.

UMMMMM.

YOUR ELIMINATION POST Posted On: 10/30/2009 1:30AM

DRAKS REPLY Posted On: 10/30/2009 7:06AM

IT TOOK HIM 6 HOURS TO WRITE A POST?

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

SIG-ENABLING-MOCK CONGLER Posted:

UMMMMM.

YOUR ELIMINATION POST Posted On: 10/30/2009 1:30AM

DRAKS REPLY Posted On: 10/30/2009 7:06AM

IT TOOK HIM 6 HOURS TO WRITE A POST?

That is true, yes, but I was simply explaining why the rule was the way the rule was. The rule was still intended to specifically pertain to posts made by a person after the person was eliminated, thus the rule as I intended it (and gave explanation as to why) would still cover him.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

I’ll tell you what, since Halloween is coming up and we’re all going to be doing Halloween things and this isn’t a Halloween contest, we don’t need to debate this and I’m going to just call it right here and now.

Winner: Joseph of Suburbia – 3 Log in to see images!

2nd: Drakodan – 2 Log in to see images!

3rd: Velguador – 1 Log in to see images!

4th: Crinkzpipe – Picture of a cool duck.

That’s how I’m doing it. 2nd and 3rd place are unofficial (there was no toxx for BP on 2nd and 3rd) so if anybody comes back to contest those or say they should be different and “person X should be awarded 2nd place because Y”, oh well, they can have 2nd place but that doesn’t mean I have to give them any BP. I’m just giving those two dudes BP to be nice. This however does not apply to 4th place; if you think you deserve the picture of the duck feel free to plead your case.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Celerysteve Posted:

I’ll tell you what, since Halloween is coming up and we’re all going to be doing Halloween things and this isn’t a Halloween contest, we don’t need to debate this and I’m going to just call it right here and now.

Winner: Joseph of Suburbia – 3 Log in to see images!

2nd: Drakodan – 2 Log in to see images!

3rd: Velguador – 1 Log in to see images!

4th: Crinkzpipe – Picture of a cool duck.

That’s how I’m doing it. 2nd and 3rd place are unofficial (there was no toxx for BP on 2nd and 3rd) so if anybody comes back to contest those or say they should be different and “person X should be awarded 2nd place because Y”, oh well, they can have 2nd place but that doesn’t mean I have to give them any BP. I’m just giving those two dudes BP to be nice. This however does not apply to 4th place; if you think you deserve the picture of the duck feel free to plead your case.

Don’t see why Vel deserves bp, but I’ll take my picture of a cool duck and burn it in memory of this cool concept, horrible implementation contest.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Don’t see why Vel deserves bp, but I’ll take my picture of a cool duck and burn it in memory of this cool concept, horrible implementation contest.

He was one of the final people, and I give him props for making the toxx thing because it was pretty solid call and he kind of owned Drakodan. Plus he was eliminated after you, but before Drak.

Since contest is over until thread is closed all eliminated players and everyone may post.

Velguador

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I was eliminated, yet got BP.

Mission accomplished. And then to think my actual reason for calling Drakodan out was so I could ask Suburbia for one-third of his BP, as a ‘thank you for disabling the competition’ kind of thing.

So thank you, CelerySteve.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Well, 2’s certainly better than nothing. I was hoping for 3 to get an alt, but I guess I’ll just make my own contest to get a peen now. WATCH THIS SPACE, hint hint.

To all other contestants, nice game, it was fun. Kinda.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!