Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant -1

AvrilrawksSS-

[FVCKING METAL]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How about you remove the ability to downvote?

How would that work? Think it might make the forums a lot less funny?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Sounds like a good idea. But I’m not sure we could accurately test if they are being random, really discerning, or being a prick. What would we base them against? Other voters? Doesn’t help if they too are being random.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i pbum a lot these days.

Great-Meat-S-
pinner-Pen1s

Level 15 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

how about restricting the number of votes someone has?

Milo

Avatar: 34228 Sun Jul 19 21:54:32 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

mi brets r relli small, dnt thnik i cna get canser in them

I think restricting votes could work. Maybe.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Balloon Posted:

Sounds like a good idea. But I’m not sure we could accurately test if they are being random, really discerning, or being a prick. What would we base them against? Other voters? Doesn’t help if they too are being random.

well, if you take both the % of the times they vote down on winning forums, and the % of times they vote up on losing forums, and then average these to be near 50%, that would be a good indication.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

People that downvote everything for the sake of DV-ing are going do the same no mattter how many they have. Whether unlimited or 4. But a goo suggesstion nonetheless. I suppose they’d just pick the first ones that would come up. Thankfully, it’s randomized.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Milo Posted:

I think restricting votes could work. Maybe.

The problem is, if you give, say, 10 votes per person, there’s going to be an average of around 1.5 votes per idea, bumuming everyone votes. Or make it 100 votes per person, and that’s an average of around 15 votes per idea, which still is not high enough to accurately represent people’s opinions.

Also, limiting the number of votes will result in “compulsive downvoters” blowing all their votes on the first 100 (or however many) ideas submitted.

Another idea: perhaps double the negative vote to take out an idea. -5 isn’t very much… what about -10?

Arktor edited this message on 03/24/2008 12:46PM

protagonist

[Kings-O-Douche]

Level 13 Troll

Julian is a homo

Almost every idea gets shot down, and as I’m sure yours would have been the catchphrase of the century, no one actually liked it.

Think of this place as the savior to all those ****ty commercials that you hate.

Mister Hand

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m new to this whole thing, but based on my limited experience I don’t think you have to have a big klan backing you or fill your submissions with pop culture references. We’ll have to see how things turn out by the end of the week, but right now my highest rated submissions have zero pop-culture references, and I’m not affiliated with any klan.

I do wish that more folks knew what “Pascal’s Wager” was, though. Log in to see images!

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

AvrilrawksSS666 Posted:

How about you remove the ability to downvote?

How would that work? Think it might make the forums a lot less funny?

I guess instead of voting, it’d be more like rating submissions based on what you like. I could see it having it’s problems, as really crappy suggestions would just stay at zero or, if they got voted up, they’d stay up. The upside would be that nobody could just shoot people’s ideas down for no reason. Obviously people who vote at random would still screw a system without down-voting.

Honestly, although the current system has it’s imperfections, I can’t think of anything better that isn’t ridiculously complicated.

MC Smoothlove edited this message on 03/24/2008 3:08PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Part of the problem is that the audience can be completely random – lucky timing can save an entry that otherwise would hit -5 quickly and give it legs to eventually do well, but there’s no way to tell when the best time to submit is.

I think it’s just something where you have to accept the good with the bad and roll with it; I was ForumBuilder Alpha last week, and this week I’ve already had three items knocked to -5, and expect another 2 of them to be dead before this time tomorrow. So either I’ve had mbumive brain damage sometime over the weekend, or sometimes my sense of humor clicks and sometimes it doesn’t. ::shrug::

Arashmin

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I just don’t get the general populace here sometimes. I’ve tried 2 pop culture references and one simply web reference. All of them got downvoted hard Log in to see images!

SuperPsyche

[RPG Codex]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Howsabout Unlimited up votes, Unlimited pbum votes, Down votes linked to builder score? (Same # per day as Submissions per week?)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!