Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant -1

Milo

Avatar: 34228 Sun Jul 19 21:54:32 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

mi brets r relli small, dnt thnik i cna get canser in them

I swear people just click the negative vote bumon without considering the submissions.

Milo edited this message on 03/23/2008 11:03PM

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

p.s I am just bitter about most of my submissions going straight to -5.

They don’t suck that much.

Meursalt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 37 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’m with ya. People don’t see the subtle nuanced humour in our ideas and they immediately downvote them.

They’re so pedestrian, and like shop at Wal-Mart.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, but some people are just jerks like that. They either down vote to be funny, do better in Domination, get their own ideas closer to winning, etc.

The best thing you can do is to be a responsible voter yourself.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Mine got downvoted in 20 seconds. Don’t worry about it, just do submissions that are pop culture references.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

There is always the possibility that your submissions aren’t as good as you think they are. At least not to the rest of the forumwarz populace.

Dante Kinkade

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

TSB-positive

I just saw everysingle submission at least on the front page go down one, hehe that and when the first page has -1’s on it tends to make one think that there are at least a few voteing down others for no good reason.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

There is always the possibility that your submissions aren’t as good as you think they are. At least not to the rest of the forumwarz populace.

I did consider that. But i am full of WIN, so it’s not a possibility for my submissions.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

Them’s automatic downvote words!

Zaratustra

[Mad Gear]

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Add more videogame references. They always help.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

I vote fairly. I read/view the submissions and vote accordingly. I don’t always vote. it’s on random days when I am bored. I don’t really have much creative idea’s so I’m mainly a voter.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

I think votes come in two categories:

10% of votes: Consider two things

1) Name

2) Length of description

40% of votes: a bumon is clicked at random

50% of votes: several rapid downvotes in anger because your idea got downvoted so fast

Edit: Although nothing is more annoying then when you click submit, then refresh the page to see your scores, and find out that someone has downvoted you in literally less than 1 second. Talk about speedreaders.

Arktor edited this message on 03/24/2008 1:18AM

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I kind of hate that I try to tailor submissions to be realistic and funny for the forum, and then I see enemies (etc) that have nothing to do with anything getting voted up. C’est la vie; when you’ve got this many people voting, they’re not all going to get subtle humor or even recognize when something’s pertaining to the forum. Hell, maybe even some of the voters don’t even read the forum description.

Not much you can do but **** and vote fairly yourself, though. If I thought your ideas were funny, I voted them up Log in to see images!

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

I vote based on whether the name and description make me laugh. But I don’t downvote. At least, I haven’t found anything bad enough to downvote yet.

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Oh, wow. It never occurred to me not to down-vote things I didn’t find particularly funny, or didn’t personally get. Now I feel like a huge bumwipe.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

MC Smoothlove Posted:

Oh, wow. It never occurred to me not to down-vote things I didn’t find particularly funny, or didn’t personally get. Now I feel like a huge bumwipe.

You shouldn’t have, until you made this post. Log in to see images!

Ecce Idle

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I hear the OP’s complaint. I don’t have anything to add, I’m just being ****ing for it’s cathartic value. Now that we’re done with that I guess all we can do is drink some more and vote for things that are interesting, smart, and funny.

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Idea: Perhaps have a designated number of reasonably trustable people do the voting, instead of the general populace? Yeah, it takes away some people’s direct impact on the game, but the quality of submissions that actually get into the game would go way up. The buildr ideas that actually take some thought to make and some knowledge to understand would actually have a chance. It’d make this a better game. In response to the fewer votes, the Domination scoop award for a +5 would go up some (depending on how many available voters ET decides to appoint), and perhaps a new forum for Flamebate where the general populace who can’t vote could post constructive criticism and their thoughts on ideas.

Personally, I got a +1 this week, but if I had not re-submitted my forum idea which got -5’d in the first 50 votes (which did well for two weeks prior, I might add), I bet my rating would have been along the lines of -2 or -3.

MC Smoothlove

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I can’t see the current system being fixed to be any better, except for possibly just getting rid of down-voting, so you can only vote positively to ideas you like. Doug’s idea isn’t bad, although I would miss reading through submissions and getting to put my two cents in.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

What if people who have voted over 100 times and over a period of at least two weeks got a “voter rating,” which adjusted the weight of their votes? For example, if someone voted positively for things that tended to win, or at least do really well, and voted negatively for things that tended to lose or do poorly, they might have a weight of 3 (their vote counts as 3 votes,) whereas someone who votes completely at random will have a weight of, say, 0.5

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!