Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Wikipedia Rule: What Up With That?

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

The amazing thing for me is that CZ doesn’t realize that allowing me to post here, on their own site, is allowing me to do the single most detrimental thing I could ever do to their “interests”. It’s like, I can be an bumhole to their paying customers, waste hours of their time, purposely **** up areas that are supposed to be ****-free, and just generally be a nuisance, but if I touch their wikipedia page THAT IS GOING TOO FAR SIR.

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Hobart, that’s pretty funny.

CS is right, and what we think about the fairness of a rule is really irrelevant anyway.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

You guys touch the ED article and I will totally ban you. Log in to see images!

I don’t give a **** about TOW, they’re bumholes and the site deserves to be vandalized regardless.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

kraigu Posted:

Hobart, that’s pretty funny.

CS is right, and what we think about the fairness of a rule is really irrelevant anyway.

Ima rule this ghost town with an iron fist.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Just out of curiousity, was this new rule ran past the Task Force?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

duca Posted:

Just out of curiousity, was this new rule ran past the Task Force?

No, this one was just among admins and a few mods.

Listen, I understand that some people don’t agree with this rule. That happens. But as I’ve said before, we don’t expect it will be enforced very often, and we’re not even asking mods to be diligent about it.

If we decide to change it later, we can. I feel comfortable knowing it’s there, and it really shouldn’t affect your day-to-day experience. The rule in question doesn’t even mention Wikipedia at all, but I can think of half a dozen potential offenses we’d want to protect ourselves from (I won’t give you any ideas though), with the tools we have at our disposal.

Perhaps your local forum doesn’t have a rule like this. But we face issues unlike the vast majority of sites out there. And as you well know, most admins in our position wouldn’t bother being so obliging about this kind of thing and just ban people for being dinks.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

It’s like, I can [...] purposely **** up areas that are supposed to be ****-free

Gee, mister…you would really do a thing like that? There oughta be a law! Log in to see images!

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Gee, mister…you would really do a thing like that? There oughta be a law! Log in to see images!

Make me a mod so I can save you guys the trouble and repeatedly ban myself.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Make me a mod so I can save you guys the trouble and repeatedly ban myself.

Sounds like a logical decision to me.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!