Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Wikipedia Rule: What Up With That?

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

As many of you are aware, recently leetlol and I were banned for vandalizing the Forumwarz wikipedia page (“Treason” it was called in the ban reason). Now, believe it or not, I’m not here to argue against this rule. It is painfully obvious that CZ and most mods see nothing wrong with this rule, and trying to get it repealed or changed would be a monumental waste of time, even for me.

Don’t get me wrong, it is the single dumbest rule I’ve ever seen on a website. But it’s so far out there and unnecessary that it would actually take quite a bit of effort to break, and there are much more effective ways of causing **** here. I digress…

The purpose of this thread is to get some kind of idea of what CZ considers “vandalism”. Changing names, dates, and the like are obvious examples, but what if someone were to create a “Forumwarz Community” heading in the article? How candid could we be in filling out that section? Could we express our true feelings about a dying community and a development team that has lost sight of what used to make this place great? Or is that trolling? Could we make a “Drama” heading and fill it with Fwz dirty laundry, or would that be “detrimental to the interests of CZ”?

I get it, we can’t change JB’s name anymore. We should still be able to contribute to that article, and even add things that CZ might not like, if they are in fact true. WIkipedia isn’t another place for you to advertise, to put your best foot forward. Anyone who reads the forumwarz wiki article should get the most all-emcompasing impression of our fine website, not some heavily protected and polished shinejob.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Personally, I don’t see a problem with this. No one ever said that the expression of opinion wasn’t allowed. There’s a huge difference between critiques & reviews versus trolling. I think any contributions to the ForumWarz wiki page would be welcome, so long as they had relevant value at didn’t devolve into flaming, trolling or personal attacks. Even if it was a negative review, that’s a far cry from simply vandalizing a page with ‘LOL U SUK’.

However, I’d like you to explain to me how the title of this thread is relevant to the topic at hand.

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Sergeant Cid Posted:

However, I’d like you to explain to me how the title of this thread is relevant to the topic at hand.

Well, it got us to look, didn’t it? Good title, would click again.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

nTerra Posted:

Well, it got us to look, didn’t it? Good title, would click again.

Bondage****

Avatar: 83380 Fri Feb 06 21:48:18 -0500 2009

Level 32 Camwhore

Evil Trout's whore

“Feelings” have NO PLACE in an encyclopedia.

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Wikipedia is not a traditional encyclopedia. Notes about the community, baggage, features and problems of FWZ would be a good addition to the article. I wouldn’t expect something as petty as “watch out for MC Banhammer, that guy’s a dildo” (statement chosen because it’s obviously not true) would stay put very long or is likely to be added in the first place since it’s not very funny and wouldn’t amount to anything.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

nTerra Posted:

Wikipedia is not a traditional encyclopedia. Notes about the community, baggage, features and problems of FWZ would be a good addition to the article. I wouldn’t expect something as petty as “watch out for MC Banhammer, that guy’s a dildo” (statement chosen because it’s obviously not true) would stay put very long or is likely to be added in the first place since it’s not very funny and wouldn’t amount to anything.

this.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

Not to mention that nobody of any importance views wikipedia as gospel. Even if the police or potential employers see the vandalism during the two hours it’s up, they won’t believe it. Also, I think leetlol’s edit was changing JB’s name to ‘Paula Abdul.’ I don’t think that would hurt JB, Forumwarz, or Paula Abdul.

The other really, really stupid thing about this rule is that banning them here is supposed to stop vandalism…over there…I don’t get how that works.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

PhineasPoe Posted:

Not to mention that nobody of any importance views wikipedia as gospel. Even if the police or potential employers see the vandalism during the two hours it’s up, they won’t believe it. Also, I think leetlol’s edit was changing JB’s name to ‘Paula Abdul.’ I don’t think that would hurt JB, Forumwarz, or Paula Abdul.

The other really, really stupid thing about this rule is that banning them here is supposed to stop vandalism…over there…I don’t get how that works.

If anything one would think it would cause them to vandalize more in a drunken fit of rage over such a ban. I think that the fwz wikipedia is very lucky that leetlol is such a kind and caring person.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

To be honest this is an awful rule. Libel, is a legit reason to ban someone. This though, is wrong. From such a smart and relaxed site.. its sorta disappointing. Crotch Zombie is not losing money because of this, its losing it for other reasons.

One of the more reasons Raepdog is gone.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

nTerra Posted:

”watch out for MC Banhammer, that guy’s a dildo” (statement chosen because it’s obviously not true)

Well I do like to function similarly to what a dildo’s usually used for. So it’s not totally untrue.

Oh, and my ex-mod mind is also wondering about this thread title and wants to change it.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

MC Banhammer Posted:

Oh, and my ex-mod mind is also wondering about this thread title and wants to change it.

Better?

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

All forumwarz bull**** aside, I don’t think that community and/or “drama” fall under wikipedia content standards. Internal wiki, sure. But Wikipedia.com? No way. As a good rule of thumb take a look at other websites wikipedia entries. YTMND.com for example, has a section on conflicts, but thats not internal userbase conflicts, that’s real companies threatening lawsuits and such.

A more apt comparison would be Kingdom of Loathings wiki article. There is a community section, but really it just gives a general overview of the userbase. I think it’s a very special section and I might put it up for review if I gave a ****. Even still, no opinionated stances, no drama logs, etc.

BLAH BLAH BLAH TLLog in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

PhineasPoe Posted:

Better?

imo yes. Log in to see images!

But I’m often in the minority on things like that Log in to see images!

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

PhineasPoe Posted:

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Any complaints about Forumwarz would need to be cite-able, and since forums are off limits as a legitimate source almost anything pertaining to Flamebait can’t be included. Just plain criticism sections would also be NPOV’d as well.

As far as the rule goes…it’s stupid. First off, a ban here isn’t really going to do much. Second, Wikipedia polices itself. Thirdly, it’s generally accepted that people don’t edit articles about themselves because it’ll be seen as biased – this is a step or two away from that, but is a bit close for comfort.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I don’t know guys. I remember how depressed Bootyhole was after he read the Encyclopedia Dramatica article on Forumwarz. Maybe there is more reasons for this that you guys are considering?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

was Posted:

I remember how depressed Bootyhole was after he read the Encyclopedia Dramatica article on Forumwarz.

Why?

Because Re-Re’s were called the ultimate clbum?

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

handofg0d Posted:

All forumwarz bull**** aside, I don’t think that community and/or “drama” fall under wikipedia content standards. Internal wiki, sure. But Wikipedia.com? No way. As a good rule of thumb take a look at other websites wikipedia entries. YTMND.com for example, has a section on conflicts, but thats not internal userbase conflicts, that’s real companies threatening lawsuits and such.

A more apt comparison would be Kingdom of Loathings wiki article. There is a community section, but really it just gives a general overview of the userbase. I think it’s a very special section and I might put it up for review if I gave a ****. Even still, no opinionated stances, no drama logs, etc.

BLAH BLAH BLAH TLLog in to see images!

Basically.

Wikipedia isn’t your personal blog – and if that’s what you want to do it’s between you and wikipedia – I’m only saying it because you’re going to look like a doofus posting a bunch of unrelated crap nobody cares about. I honestly doubt even ED would care if you posted it there, so by what stretch of imagination would Wikipedia?

Of course if FWZ wants to ban you for it I suppose they can. I don’t understand this sense of entitlement you all think you have for belonging to this site. Apparently you feel there is some forumwarz constitution granting you some inalienable birth right not to be banned unless there’s a legitimate and logically sound reason. You seem blind to the common sense notion “generally being an bumhole” to whoever is in charge can get you removed from and not allowed to come back from, oh say, everywhere online and IRL ever.

Celerysteve edited this message on 10/26/2009 12:43AM

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

That rule is ridiculous in so many ways i can’t even think of where to start.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!