Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Hay ET: Better ads means you have to worry less about whether we pay you or not.

007Bistromath

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

http://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisewithus.php

A forum I go to started using these, so I looked at their site, and it’s pretty sweet. No such thing as click fraud, you just get the effin’ money. Your place is much more popular than the place I go, so time-based ads will be even more effective. This is especially nice since this game is played mostly by people who either can’t see the ads ‘cuz they have fancified Yiffyfur extensions, or who have just been on the internet long enough that their eyes naturally slide right over anything that is shaped and positioned like an ad. With time-based ads, you get the money whether or not anybody actually gives a **** about your sponsors.

PS: Oh yeah, there’s another bonus, too. It can be a community effort. On the forum I’m from, many of the ads are bought up by natives. This makes readers care about the ads more, which makes the space more in demand, etc. I’ll bet there are at least a few players who’d like to pimp their garbage here, and there have got to be much more than a few who would gladly pay a few cents an hour to have a big box across the top of your website that says “lol dongz” for a day or two. You can do that with PW.

I know for a fact you can because one of the members of our forum actually paid $1.10 to rickroll us a couple days ago. -_-

007Bistromath edited this message on 03/23/2008 3:53PM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I didn’t read to much into the site, but it seems like a good deal. It probably won’t REMOVE the need for “pay-to-play” content, but it could certainly reduce the impact.

Also, I still say CZ has to nail down a way to buy brownie points, etc., with mail-orders, cash, etc. Since I pay upwards of $25-$35 a month for Gaia Online, I could easily give a bit to FWZ every so often…problem is , I have no desire for a credit card.

007Bistromath

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Debit card, foo.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

If it’s as good as you say it sounds great.

I sure wouldn’t mind having “Echuu is the king of FW” or “down with random_user” or something like that up for a couple of days and make money for FW.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

ya they do need better ads… the ones they have now are really taking its toll on my poor socket A :-(

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

007Bistromath Posted:

Debit card, foo.

Better yet, pre-paid Visa. My local credit union has one that has a one-time $7.75 start up fee, and can have up to $500 loaded onto it at any time. And it only costs $2 to transfer funds onto the card. I plan to get one and regularly transfer a couple hundred over every paycheck for pocket money instead of carrying cash everywhere. No more need to worry that my debit card will get over-charged with a ‘held transaction’, and it’s impossible to overdraw on the pre-paid card. I’ll just save the credit card for emergencies.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

I would be sad that I had disabled ads if they were suddenly a fun new griefing vector.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!