Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Random Blackouts?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

So I was getting a bunch of gateway errors this week trying to log in to the site around 12-4am EDT and have been noticing that they are becoming more frequent. Anybody having the same problem or know of a possible reason for the hosting going down so much lately?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

It took me nearly an hour to reply to this because I kept getting gateway errors when I tried every few minutes. So no your not the only one. If the site is nearly unplayable for the few hours leading up to rollover the staff may as well take it down and preform maintenance during those hours. I’m about to waste forum visits because I can’t even play right now. Nevermind any attempts at speed.

Marktroll

[Brainfreeze]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Well I have to burn some turns damn fast, cause I’m at 12 and need to get down to eight, been trying since 3am EDT

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

seems back to normal, seriously killed my visits for tonight

How Could Th-
is Happen To-
Me

Avatar: How Could This Happen To Me's Avatar

Level 28 Emo Kid

i told u i was hardcore

I’ve been trying to get on since 08:00 GMT now at 12:00 it’s finally working.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

It’s been a long night. Probably longer for CZ.

ZOMBIE_HEDGE-
HOG

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

Miserable Olde Nasty-Snatch

Bad Gateway, Bad! my soul was less broken than the game.

i was on all night trying to pwn one tiny lvl 3 thread. NOT random, unless you mean being able to strike 1 hit was random. some other weird stuff going on too (already reported it along with eleventy billion others i’m sure)

all. night. long.

jacked a visit from me too.

oh, and all i got to show for it was a bicycle, a birdhouse, and some ****ty chinese takeout.

i need to sleep one of these days.

ZOMBIE_HEDGEHOG edited this message on 03/23/2008 8:29AM

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

It’s easy to find how hard we will try to play this game a bit frightening. Who puts that kind of time and effort into something they won’t be tangibly rewarded for. Ya know, other than teachers.

ZOMBIE_HEDGE-
HOG

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

markchd Posted:

It’s easy to find how hard we will try to play this game a bit frightening. Who puts that kind of time and effort into something they won’t be tangibly rewarded for. Ya know, other than teachers.

i am NOT an addict. HOW DARE YOU.

yeah, it is a bit scary. i’m starting to *think* in l33t and have to stop and re-translate before i speak.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I woke up in the middle of the night (6:30) to find the site really slow. I had no idea what caused it so I restarted all services and it was snappy again, so I went back to bed.

Woke up again just not (10:30) and it’s slow again, wtf. Something is clearly up, but it’s not immediately obvious to me what it is. At least now I will be keeping a close eye on it all day Log in to see images!

Sorry for any inconveniences guys.

ZOMBIE_HEDGE-
HOG

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

Evil Trout Posted:

I woke up in the middle of the night (6:30) to find the site really slow. I had no idea what caused it so I restarted all services and it was snappy again, so I went back to bed.

Woke up again just not (10:30) and it’s slow again, wtf. Something is clearly up, but it’s not immediately obvious to me what it is. At least now I will be keeping a close eye on it all day Log in to see images!

Sorry for any inconveniences guys.

thanks trout. we know you are working hard. as i said in the bug report i sent, i was online all night doing other stuff, kept refreshing, and saw some weird script stuff happening. i know ****e-all about coding, but i’ll be glad to help IF i can.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Evil Trout Posted:

Update: 3:03PM

I took the site down for emergency maintenance to try and figure out the problem. I think I figured it out — a user posted RIDICULOUSLY long messages in flamebate repeatedly, and every time someone hit those discussions it caused the database to barf as people kept opening the thread over and over. As a result I’ve limited the size of Flamebate posts to 4k. This is why you can’t have nice things guys!

Just in case there are other problems I will keep a close eye on things.

Lol stupid ****ing trolls gameruining again

Lust edited this message on 03/23/2008 3:37PM

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Oh, I wondered why everything was timing out when I tried to get on earlier. I thought the server exploded. And it did. Sorta.Log in to see images!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Lust Posted:

Lol stupid ****ing trolls gameruining again

oh my god there are trolls in a game specifically marketed to trolls what is the world coming to

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

edit* problem fixed.

no I didn’t skip work to play forum warz. I start my job Saturday. Im a OTR trucker. Been on extended hometime. Trying to nab Veado b4 I head out.. I haven’t purchased a ;laptop yet. I want to get one of those tripple E laptops that are like palmtops? they are cheap and small. Would make a good linux machine.

flamin kooz edited this message on 03/24/2008 12:43AM

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

flamin kooz Posted:

ya thanks to the unstable servers I lost 3 days worth of work today…. gee that’s nice…

haha, you skipped work to play this game? weird man

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

GAMES ON THE INTERNET. ಠ_ಠ

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!