Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Smile Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Usually you don’t get this important award while being in office, so it may have come a but early. Ya there were exceptions made before, even for US presidents, but what has he done yet? Some speeches that may lead to positive changes, true, but why award him this year already?

I guess it’s about visions and a desire for change.

So does it devaluate prior winners?

Obama Posted:

I do not feel I deserve “to be in the company” of past winners.

Obama Posted:

I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of American leadership

After all, an interesting choice.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

It’s official, Obama is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. Or so claims the Nobel Foundation.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

Especially interesting considering that nominations had to be made by February 1, 2009. I guess he was given the award based on good intentions, not accomplishments. In fact, the reason given by the committee was

Nobel Prize Committee Posted:

”for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

I don’t think it devalues the accomplishments of previous winners because their accomplishments live on. But then again, a lot of the previous winners didn’t deserve it either as the Nobel committee has a long history of giving the prize to despots and thugs and Obama is definitely a step up from some of those guys.

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Vageena Davis Posted:

I don’t think it devalues the accomplishments of previous winners because their accomplishments live on. But then again, a lot of the previous winners didn’t deserve it either as the Nobel committee has a long history of giving the prize to despots and thugs and Obama is definitely a step up from some of those guys.

The problem is Obama is shaping out to be the Anti-Bush.

The big criticism of Bush was he was a mediocre politician who, in spite of his lack of talent in any field, managed to be the most powerful man in the world for 8 years straight.

Obama is running on the same theme. He’s not very accomplished, even as we approach a year in office, and a good number of citizens voted for him based on two criteria:

1. He’s not a Republican (con-vote).

2. He’s black (pro-vote).

The layering of undeserved awards and accomplishments will only undermine his efforts and promote resentment among voters, especially since it reinforces the negative cult of personality image and bolds his severe lack of notable accomplishment.

mterek edited this message on 10/09/2009 12:52PM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

It’ll help Obama because it gives him a bit more power in the world’s eyes to pull the nations together.

Either that or it’ll screw him over if he can’t, but that’s only an image problem, not a national one.

Either way, it’s just a silly award.

E: If you think he’s not done much you’re wrong, go do some research please. In the first ten days alone he did a wondrous amount of work.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 10/09/2009 1:37PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Compared to Bush’s first year in presidency, no, he’s done nothing noteworthy at all.

He’s done change for change’s sake, and now he’s being awarded for having a nice smile and charisma. It’s an utter crock. Like his ego needs to be fed any more.

Giving him the Nobel Peace Prize after a single year in office is a joke. Maybe after he left office and had 8 years of stellar leadership or something, but not only is it too early, it just makes him look silly. He obviously knows he didn’t deserve it, judging by all the comments I’ve been reading from him on the topic.

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

­

AIDS CUNT edited this message on 04/29/2010 5:13AM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Shii Posted:

Compared to Bush’s first year in presidency, no, he’s done nothing noteworthy at all.

By that you mean

Cut funding for research into renewable energy sources by 50%

Pulled out of the 1997 Kyoto Treaty global warming agreement

Playing lots of golf in Florida?

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

The first two are noteworthy, though undesirable. In comparison Obama hasn’t really gotten any major legislation pbumed, and his healthcare plan will likely die in office, which will kill half a year’s worth of effort.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Aldo_Anything Posted:

By that you mean

Cut funding for research into renewable energy sources by 50%

Pulled out of the 1997 Kyoto Treaty global warming agreement

Playing lots of golf in Florida?

Mostly talking about getting us out of the dot com bubble burst aftermath, and soon after getting us through 9/11 with the highest approval rating of any president in the US’s history.

Ahahaaha until 9/11 Bush spent like half his time at Camp David and otherwise did nothing. Most of you were like 5 years old and not paying attention to the news prior to then. Then he completely ****ed up the country by sending us to a fake war, which IS the main reason for the current economy (with some other amusing factors), destabilized the Middle East even more than it was, and by purposely lowering the value of the dollar has caused global financial chaos. Barvo. Barvo to Osama, that is, because his terrorist attack was more successful than he could have possibly dreamed.

Obama has been disappointing, but there is a slight improvement in the economy. He basically made some extremely lofty promises and they would have been wonderful, but he can’t get them to pbum in the real world. If he gets health care in this country to pbum and it’s successful, I think he’ll have earned the Nobel from that alone. There’s way too many people uninsured and just ignoring their health completely until an emergency arises. Btw, hospitals lose tons and tons of money from covering non-paying patients and then the costs go up. Preventative care is the cure for that sector of the economy, and health care is also a factor in the recession.

For the record, I’m not really satisfied with Obama at this point, but I’ll reserve my judgement for 3 more years.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Shii Posted:

Mostly talking about getting us out of the dot com bubble burst aftermath, and soon after getting us through 9/11 with the highest approval rating of any president in the US’s history.

Bush had very little to do with getting us through the dot com aftermath. And as far as high approval ratings during a time of national crisis, people will grasp at any form of comfort and security when they are scared. The fact that he had a high approval rating in the months following 9/11 has nothing to do with him in particular. It was the situation that drove that approval rating, and the fact that he didn’t screw thing sup completely. Basically, so long as he didn’t get us all killed, he was going to have a high approval rating.

Sergeant Cid Posted:

Bush had very little to do with getting us through the dot com aftermath. And as far as high approval ratings during a time of national crisis, people will grasp at any form of comfort and security when they are scared. The fact that he had a high approval rating in the months following 9/11 has nothing to do with him in particular. It was the situation that drove that approval rating, and the fact that he didn’t screw thing sup completely. Basically, so long as he didn’t get us all killed, he was going to have a high approval rating.

lol For serious. The internet sector of the economy was too small to have much impact, Shii. The rest of the strong economy pulled it back up. The 9/11 attack brought everyone together and briefly made them forget their partisan feelings. It dropped quickly to some of the lowest ratings. Everyone was apathetic towards him before 9/11.

Muhammad I m-
hard Bruce -
Lee

Avatar: 191232 2010-07-05 15:36:38 -0400

[Gold Team]

Level 69 Troll

Sweet enough!

Vageena Davis Posted:

Especially interesting considering that nominations had to be made by February 1, 2009. I guess he was given the award based on good intentions, not accomplishments. In fact, the reason given by the committee was

I think at that time America was still trying to provoke Russia with there missile defence system.

Vageena Davis Posted:

This sham should NOT take anything away from previous deserved winners.But future winners might be scrutinized a bit more.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Ahahaaha until 9/11 Bush spent like half his time at Camp David and otherwise did nothing. Most of you were like 5 years old and not paying attention to the news prior to then. Then he completely ****ed up the country by sending us to a fake war, which IS the main reason for the current economy

Actually, the main reason is the federal reserve’s credit expansion.

Bush didn’t devalue the dollar; Alan Greenspan did.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

a pre-emptive peace prize is better than a pre-emptive war

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Shii Posted:

What did Bush do to get us out the dot com bubble burst?

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

mterek Posted:

It’s official, Obama is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. Or so claims the Nobel Foundation.

No he’s actually the ANTI-Christ

I keep saying and people won’t believe me… just wait in 2.5 years

Muhammad I m-
hard Bruce -
Lee

Avatar: 191232 2010-07-05 15:36:38 -0400

[Gold Team]

Level 69 Troll

Sweet enough!

Inertia Posted:

No he’s actually the ANTI-Christ

I keep saying and people won’t believe me… just wait in 2.5 years

Maybe less! I say next year he will try starting a new war with Iran.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Muhammad I m hard Bruce Lee Posted:

Maybe less! I say next year he will try starting a new war with Iran.

Which most likely will result in Armageddon 2012

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!