Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Tubmail multiple recipients?

Whoreable

[The Loyal Order of-
Water Buffalo
]

Level 26 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

I do a fair bit of tubmailing. My frustrations include:

Not being able to type names in the from field.

Not being able to send a message to multiple people.

Not having “mailing lists”

I figure there is a good reason we can’t do these things. I think I could cobble together a Java application that would do these things, but that seems to go against ET’s implicit hacking policy. Same goes for Greasemonkey scripts, which I don’t know much about anyhow.

Zre

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Whoreable Posted:

Not being able to send a message to multiple people.

Probably you wanted to say “Not being able to spam multiple people.”

And that’s the DefinitelyGoodThing.

Marktroll

[Brainfreeze]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

No, I just tubmail my klan sometimes. It takes about an hour right now, and 650 page loads seem inefficient.

Edit: Whoreable is also me.

Marktroll edited this message on 03/23/2008 6:55AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

That message is meant for people who are trying to ruin the fun of Forumwarz (cheat bots, url hacking, etc).

I personally have nothing against people using greasemonkey scripts or screen scrapers to get more out of the site, as long as it A) isn’t cheating and B) isn’t interfering with how well the site is running.

Also C) it wouldn’t be officially supported by us, and we’d reserve the right to block it or ask you to stop using it at any time.

A tubmail app would not be either of those things. So if you’re down with it, go crazy.

Having said that, I’d always prefer to enhance the site ourselves to deal with your pain, but I understand sometimes it takes us a while to get down to everyone’s “killer feature.”

Thanks for the tubmail feedback. I do agree the app is a bit primitive and needs an overhaul.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!