Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature INCIT Meta-moderation

fuzzyeric

[Forumwarz Universi-
ty
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Recommend adding a link “this is spam” to each entry in INCIT. In a given round, a player can either vote for a winner or cite spam, not both.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

open for so much abuse

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Chawin Posted:

open for so much abuse

You don’t know which entry is each person’s so the most it could be abused is reporting spam. And that could be bannable. Also, stop trying to improve incit or the Hall of **** will be no more.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Will incit be any fun to play anymore? Log in to see images!

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 10/04/2009 2:31PM

you dont have to gice anyone a vote if you citea an entry ads spam, this is agreat way to stop people from dumpvoting Log in to see images!

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Should we rename the “Hall of ****” to “Hall of INCIT submissions that recieved the most votes in a round and thus won their owner a chocolate scoop”?

dragonchips

[The Pink Smoke Ring]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

You don’t know which entry is each person’s so the most it could be abused is reporting spam. And that could be bannable. Also, stop trying to improve incit or the Hall of **** will be no more.

I agree with Chawin, even if you review it regularly that idea’s still an easy way for people to cheat subtly. If used sparingly and only when crucial, you could slip through the radar, especially if you made good edits with it also.

And if you’ve played INCIT often, you can generally get a read on who a person is by how they write things. So, yeah it’s not entirely anonymous either.

That being said, INCIT should be improved. The hall of **** will always be ****ty. We just want higher quality ****.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

dragonchips Posted:

I agree with Chawin, even if you review it regularly that idea’s still an easy way for people to cheat subtly. If used sparingly and only when crucial, you could slip through the radar, especially if you made good edits with it also.

And if you’ve played INCIT often, you can generally get a read on who a person is by how they write things. So, yeah it’s not entirely anonymous either.

That being said, INCIT should be improved. The hall of **** will always be ****ty. We just want higher quality ****.

More fibre needed, imo.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Too open for exploits, and will put a much unnecessary stream to the moderators.

Also this will solve nothing. Player police never solves stuff from my experience.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Fran Posted:

Too open for exploits, and will put a much unnecessary stream to the moderators.

Also this will solve nothing. Player police never solves stuff from my experience.

Says someone who has never been a forumwarz moderator so has no idea how the mods react, as we an see, most players get banned when posts are reported.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Raepdog Posted:

Says someone who has never been a forumwarz moderator so has no idea how the mods react, as we an see, most players get banned when posts are reported.

People who abuse the report spam tool also get banned (see FalconFour).

But 10 people going hellbent on reporting every INCIT win will cause a lot of trouble for all the mods.

Don’t post if you don’t have any good points and you only want to mindlessly flame.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Raepdog Posted:

most players get banned when posts are reported.

There’s actually a lot of reports that we look at, review, and then decide that it’s not really ban worthy. Rough estimate, maybe about 70-80% of reports are deemed ‘less than banworthy’. Some of those, we may still send a TM with a ‘suggestion’, others we just close & save after review.

fuzzyeric

[Forumwarz Universi-
ty
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Fran Posted:

Turns out this is exactly the model Slashdot (http://slashdot.org) uses to self-police its article discussion system. They’ve also implemented a second layer of moderation (meta-moderation) to get random sampling review of upvoting/downvoting by other people who have self-policed.

I’m not suggesting the second layer of stuff, here. It’s pointless to add complexity without testing simple.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!