Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll POLL: How long should INCIT rounds last?
Poll: How long should the INCIT submitting period take?
You must be logged in to vote.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

The two main complaints I hear about INCIT nowadays are:

1) It sucks
2) The rounds take too long

I’m wondering what you feel would be the optimal time between rounds. We’ve shortened them a couple of times in the past, so it’s not a problem to do it again. However, we don’t want to take it too far.

If you haven’t played in a while, I suggest you go in and play or lurk for a round or two to get a better feel for how long rounds should last!

Currently, it’s 3:20 for the submission stage. It’s also a minute for voting and the winners/submitters are displayed for 45 seconds. It’s possible that those should be shortened too. Any comments or suggestions regarding INCIT round length are welcome here.

MercWithMouth

Avatar: 150029 2009-09-15 13:35:36 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Verbose and long-winded as always

I voted 2.5minutes.

Just a thought, but… I think the best thing to do is to not ‘fall in love with’ any one time-limit. Not yet anyway.

Rather, be open to experimenting with several time-limits over the ensuing weeks until one is uncovered that seems to work best.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

2 and a half minutes sounds like a good amount. It shouldn’t be too short, because that might not give people enough time to look over their entry, fix typos, or go with a different idea they suddenly got.

Voting time should somehow be flexible based on the number of submissions.

Viewing time is mostly irrelevant, because if you don’t get a good look, you can always click on the win in the recent winners box.

MercWithMouth

Avatar: 150029 2009-09-15 13:35:36 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

Verbose and long-winded as always

PhineasPoe Posted:

Voting time should somehow be flexible based on the number of submissions.

That’s actually a great idea. For a while actually, I thought it already did work somewhat like that.

PhineasPoe Posted:

Viewing time is mostly irrelevant, because if you don’t get a good look, you can always click on the win in the recent winners box.

True, but at the same time, I wouldn’t mind being able to go back and see what the vote history was like for my latest triumph or failure. You know… to gauge whether my latest approach to delivering the punch-line was a good idea or a bad one.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I’d say 2.5 minutes for the submission stage and then add 30 seconds or so to the voting stage. When I play, it’s almost always a rush to find something to vote for, but there’s more than enough time to submit something.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I like the idea of scalable voting time base on the number of submissions.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Make it 2 mins. It’s my sincere opinion that if you cannot write a decent 70chars joke in that time, it’s probably not going to be funny anyway.

The voting period is fine at 1 min since most of the time while playing incit one is also browsing other stuff and losing on the voting round it’s like the only crucial point on playing incit.

Show the winner for a shorter time, about 30 seconds. Really, it’s not that hard to go and check if you really interested on who won.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Make submission time 2 minutes, voting 1 minute, and show winners for 10 seconds. As Chile said it’s not hard to check to see who won. I mean, the latest winners are in the bottom right corner if people are really interested in who won.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 09/30/2009 11:48AM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

2.5 minutes seems to be a good amount of time.

ChilePepino Posted:

Show the winner for a shorter time, about 30 seconds.

Or even shorter, I mean you have it in the box to the left anyways.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Submission stage could be shorter, I normally have some time to spare there. Say… 2 minutes, maybe 2.5

Having longer for voting, especially when there’s a lot of entries to look at, would be a good thing. A minute is enough when you’ve only got 5 to look at, so maybe scale it at that rate – 12 seconds per sub (or 10 to keep things metric).

For viewing the result, I like to check out how many votes mine got, and see the winner of course, but that doesn’t take so long. 30 seconds mebbe.

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

plk Posted:

I’d say 2.5 minutes for the submission stage and then add 30 seconds or so to the voting stage. When I play, it’s almost always a rush to find something to vote for, but there’s more than enough time to submit something.

My thoughts exactly. It takes me longer to read all the entries and pick the one I like best than it takes me to come up with something to submit.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Make submission round 2 minutes, voting time scalable on number of submissions (it doesn’t take 1.5 minutes or even 1 minute to vote if there are only 5 players atm) and make the winner displayed for 10 seconds.

If you wanna see who won, go down to the lower left-hand box, no need to waste other players’ time.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Shii Posted:

Make submission round 2 minutes, voting time scalable on number of submissions (it doesn’t take 1.5 minutes or even 1 minute to vote if there are only 5 players atm) and make the winner displayed for 10 seconds.

If you wanna see who won, go down to the lower left-hand box, no need to waste other players’ time.

It’s true you can look through the Hall of ****. But keep in mind people want to see how many votes they got, who submitted what, etc. Also, you get a few seconds to discuss who voted for who, who had the funniest entry, how delightful and original INCIT is, etc.

It also gives mods a chance to record the names of the filthy, filthy spammers. So I think 10 seconds might be cutting it a bit too short.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

It’s true you can look through the Hall of ****. But keep in mind people want to see how many votes they got, who submitted what, etc. Also, you get a few seconds to discuss who voted for who, who had the funniest entry, how delightful and original INCIT is, etc.

It also gives mods a chance to record the names of the filthy, filthy spammers. So I think 10 seconds might be cutting it a bit too short.

How about 20 seconds?

I’d be fine with 30 but whenever I’m in incit it’s mostly “Lol I voted winner” or “I voted for User A”.

Also, can we have a user side sound that plays whenever the voting phase begins? Some times I can finish my entry fast and go surf the internet a little, find some thing interesting and forget all about incit.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 09/30/2009 12:21PM

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

how delightful and original INCIT is

This is rarely commented, if at all, on the incit chat.

Again, if you are really interested, you can go back and check who won. And if they didn’t win, why does it matter?

Vageena Davis

Avatar: 151797 2010-01-24 16:34:00 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Camwhore

I am easily offended. I also suck fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Also, can we have a user side sound that plays whenever the voting phase begins? Some times I can finish my entry fast and go surf the internet a little, find some thing interesting and forget all about incit.

INCIT Alarm. Makes a popup when it’s time to vote.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Should be one minute imo Log in to see images!

but 2 mins seems to be enough time tbh. It seems to drag on if it’s any longer

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Vageena Davis Posted:

I don’t use Firefox other than to pwn forums, and every time I’ve tried to get scripts working on chrome I’ve failed miserably.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Vageena Davis Posted:

Is nice to see users do things like this, but a little incit alarm would be nice to have by the site, of course it should be optional (we should be able to turn it off, shouldn’t sound if we are visualizing the incit tab at the moment, stuff like that).

d4

[Tormenting Evil Kn-
uckles of Satan
]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Just mentioning, the people who generally go for the 2 mins are the same people who’d abuse incit and just troll people/ go for dumps, not ALL of you so no offense. I vote 2.5 simply because sometimes halfway the submission period you might see a typo or think of a better way to phrase things, just the same i agree 3 minutes is too much and the flexible voting time would be nice, i’m often forced to dumpvote because of it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!