Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Protivate is a failure

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

...as a website, that is.

http://www.websitegrader.com/wsgid/4538043/default.aspx

Seriously guys? Only a 38? This was my favorite part of the report tho:

E. Readability Level: Primary / Elementary School

This score measures the approximate level of education necessary to read and understand the web page content. In most cases, the content should be made to be simple so that a majority of the target audience can understand it.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

whilst http://www.grader.com/site.php?URL=www.forumwarz.com got 97.1 Log in to see images!

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

Yes but this is a website grader. The real judge is the # of downloads from there an itunes.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fie Posted:

Yes but this is a website grader. The real judge is the # of downloads from there an itunes.

Yeah but I can’t grade that on websitegrader.com Log in to see images!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

If I was a potential buyer and I looked at that website I wouldn’t Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Fingerz Posted:

E. Readability Level: Primary / Elementary School

This score measures the approximate level of education necessary to read and understand the web page content. In most cases, the content should be made to be simple so that a majority of the target audience can understand it.

Actually it’s good in SEO context as it means the website is very much readable and consequently attracts more visitors.

The problem with that site isn’t its readability, it’s the sort of more… upscale? and business-like look and feel as a front for something that captions motivational posters. It’s mostly due to that logo, which is not only pretty bad, but also suffers from the same problem.

It’s kind of confusing to find out that Protivate stands for proactive instead of professional. I don’t get it.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

The problem with that site isn’t its readability, it’s the sort of more… upscale? and business-like look and feel as a front for something that captions motivational posters. It’s mostly due to that logo, which is not only pretty bad, but also suffers from the same problem.

It’s kind of confusing to find out that Protivate stands for proactive instead of professional. I don’t get it.

The idea is that it’s a parody of a life-coaching brand. “Proactive motivation.” I had this whole concept that THE_**** had become a life coach and entrepreneur, and now he’s “motivating” his workers into pumping out these posters that he sells to clients.

I was even going to get my old personal trainer, who also happens to be a life coach and a badbum spoken word artist, to record some intense shorts to go along with the game. There was no time. But maybe someday.

I’m actually quite pleased with the logo and we consulted with several graphic artists before settling on it. The italics suggest forward motion whereas the bold sans-serif indicate strength. But I guess it’s not everyone’s taste, right?

Nothing is to my taste Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Only thing that I didn’t perhaps like about the website was the sample on the iphone.

BARK! BARK!

I’ll get you next time, squirrel!

I mean if that’s a joke too cool, but really? Log in to see images!

Looming

Avatar: 53492 Mon Nov 24 17:14:02 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Looming is now a meme.

While I agree that the logo doesn’t seem to represent the actual ‘humourous’ and mocking nature of the game, I do feel this could be fixed by changing the image on the phone. Just showing an entry without any idea of the original picture doesn’t seem to clarify what the app is about and also leaves both the web-page and the game looking dull.

If the phone on the page were to actually show another shot with the poster being captioned, or imo the voting stage, where you can see both the poster and the sort of entries you might expect to be submitted, you would get a much better idea of how Protivate works and it’s nature as a jokey, fun application rather than a dull looking screen full of rather formal looking words.

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

The idea is that it’s a parody of a life-coaching brand. “Proactive motivation.” I had this whole concept that THE_**** had become a life coach and entrepreneur, and now he’s “motivating” his workers into pumping out these posters that he sells to clients.

I was even going to get my old personal trainer, who also happens to be a life coach and a badbum spoken word artist, to record some intense shorts to go along with the game. There was no time. But maybe someday.

I’m actually quite pleased with the logo and we consulted with several graphic artists before settling on it. The italics suggest forward motion whereas the bold sans-serif indicate strength. But I guess it’s not everyone’s taste, right?

I think the problem there JB is that although we know this back story as forumwarz player, Protivate users do not. Unless you explain this in a cutscene or something…? Or was that spoken word stuff meant for the iphone app and not the game..?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

duca Posted:

I think the problem there JB is that although we know this back story as forumwarz player, Protivate users do not. Unless you explain this in a cutscene or something…? Or was that spoken word stuff meant for the iphone app and not the game..?

I was thinking of having as cutscenes for Protivate (the iPhone app and the standalone website which would be separate from FWZ), and if the response was good, perhaps rebrand INCIT the same way.

Just an idea I had, obviously not high priority.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Looming Posted:

Just showing an entry without any idea of the original picture doesn’t seem to clarify what the app is about and also leaves both the web-page and the game looking dull.

And here I thought I had somehow ad-blocked the image. That was intentional?

Yes, you guys should absolutely put the image the caption applies to there. We all know what it’ll look like, given that we all know what INCIT looks like, but someone completely new will have no idea.

Just change the iphone image on the protivate page to show a submitted entry, not the entry submit screen. That would help.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Do the people on Flickr know their images are being used by CZ to turn a profit?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Fingerz Posted:

Do the people on Flickr know their images are being used by CZ to turn a profit?

Meant to respond to this before, but now I can confirm. We’re only using images that are Creative Commons-licensed for commercial use and adaptation.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

so no?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

We’re only using images that are Creative Commons-licensed for commercial use and adaptation.

This means that as long as we properly attribute the images, which we do in the Hall of ****, they’ve given us (or anyone else) express consent to use it.

They have the right to waive that right, although to my knowledge this has only happened once.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

This means that as long as we properly attribute the images, which we do in the Hall of ****, they’ve given us (or anyone else) express consent to use it.

They have the right to waive that right, although to my knowledge this has only happened once.

The nerdy family portrait?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!