Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing http://blog.forumwarz.com/ - A request

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Have you been there recently? No?! Not surprising because neither has CZ.

This thread is a formal request that Crotch Zombie post more in the blog so we, the paying/donating/volunteering users will know what the hell is going on their development world.

The INCIT fiasco might have been avoided if people knew there was this new off-site game coming out that runs off incit which means rules and moderation in INCIT were going to be actively enforced.

People also like to know that the people making a site are still alive and actively working on improving things.

People might also be more forgiving when things that are desperately in need of repair or enhancement (re flamebate forum functionality, domination, etc) have a published “OK we acknowledge these issues but right now we are working on X because Y” statement. Yes that exisits in posts somewhere but who the **** reads all of flamebate enough to find those. You can’t miss a blog post.

Keeping the userbase informed keeps them interested and, potentially, happier with sitting and waiting.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ET’s working on Ep3, playing Xbox, and enjoying his “girl”friend. JB’s enforcing INCIT, delaing with bumhurt, and trying to troll Fran. BingeBot may or may not be dead but isn’t doing anything about Dom either way.

I’ll try to keep you posted if any of this changes.

If you’d like to hear every detail about codes and Xboxes from Evil Trout’s life, please subscribe to his Twitter feed! Just a friendly tip . Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

If you’d like to hear every detail about codes and Xboxes from Evil Trout’s life, please subscribe to his Twitter feed! Just a friendly tip . Log in to see images!

That’s all good stuff to keep up to date with but updates on pertinant forumwarz information might be better for everyone

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

That’s all good stuff to keep up to date with but updates on pertinant forumwarz information might be better for everyone

Didn’t you read my above post? There ARE no updates. Everything’s like it was last week.

In all seriousness, ever since they introduced Twitter, the blog has been for MAJOR announcements. There just aren’t that many. So they tweet instead.

I unsubscribed from his Twitter.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Didn’t you read my above post? There ARE no updates. Everything’s like it was last week.

In all seriousness, ever since they introduced Twitter, the blog has been for MAJOR announcements. There just aren’t that many. So they tweet instead.

i haven’t seen tweets that say “oh hey i wrote a ep3 convo lol” or “****, people are whining about buildr. hold off until episode 3 because everything is on hold until it’s done” or “hey there is a cool thread in flamebate talking about dom. we’ll be looking at this stuff when we come to work on it after ep3”/”hey there’s a cool thread about dom. you have good ideas but we have a plan that will be implemented after ep3’s release”

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

also i think it should be a mix of both,mcb, because twitter is on the main page and th blog is hidden in footer links.

regardless if twitter is for microblogging there should be “LOL i converted a stalk convo today.” and “oh man that was a killer bug. my reward: a big poo. bbl”

this game is supposed to be quirky and people would love to see the administators showing activity right there on the home page

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 09/23/2009 1:31AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Latest update: ET is ignoring a minor bug because there’s so much Ep3 work to do.

That’s true (he just told me), but is that REALLY the kind of thing you want to see all the time?

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

et doesnt write the convos but i thoroughly agree with the rrest

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Latest update: ET is ignoring a minor bug because there’s so much Ep3 work to do.

That’s true (he just told me), but is that REALLY the kind of thing you want to see all the time?

maybe not hearing he did nothing. maybe hearing he or jb did something every week or two depending on what’s going on. (of course they did nothing, it’s p obvious Log in to see images! but let’s pretend and live in a hypothetical world)

obv if there’s nothing new there’s no reason to post, but it would be good to see that something is happening.

You see, personal chats with ET mean you know there’s stuff going on but noone else does. I don’t run forumwarz chats on my computers anymore because i don’t want school people seeing this site and finding out who i am here. Even if I did i rarely ever talked to him because i don’t have much to say lol. and the same situation would still be happening.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 09/23/2009 7:15PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I prefer the blog to Twitter, so I’m on Tubs’ side in this.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I agree we don’t use the blog much anymore. Twitter is so much more convenient, and we update that fairly often.

I’ve been reluctant to do updates about Episode 3’s progress, to be honest. I kind of like to keep these things behind the scenes. I find it kind of ruins the “magic” when you know there are 1,000 monkeys bashing out conversations and item descriptions and the like. But the upcoming podcast will cover a lot of that stuff.

We could tweet more often. I think once a day is a good goal. Any more, and people who login once a day might miss something important or cool.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

you know there are 1,000 monkeys bashing out conversations and item descriptions and the like

brb banning you for trolling. (Calling the Apprentices 1000 monkeys)

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Chawin Posted:

et doesnt write the convos but i thoroughly agree with the rrest

Well, I write some of them Log in to see images!

Also we’re going to do an Episode 3 Podcast soon. Actually maybe I should make a blog post / thread about that!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

maybe I should make a blog post / thread about that!

Tweet it imo just to tick off tubs Log in to see images!

Crotch Zombi-
e Customer S-
ervice

Avatar: 206876 2009-09-23 16:09:05 -0400

Level 1 Re-Re

Obsessed. (With providing excellent customer service!)

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Have you been there recently? No?! Not surprising because neither has CZ.

This thread is a formal request that Crotch Zombie post more in the blog so we, the paying/donating/volunteering users will know what the hell is going on their development world.

The INCIT fiasco might have been avoided if people knew there was this new off-site game coming out that runs off incit which means rules and moderation in INCIT were going to be actively enforced.

People also like to know that the people making a site are still alive and actively working on improving things.

People might also be more forgiving when things that are desperately in need of repair or enhancement (re flamebate forum functionality, domination, etc) have a published “OK we acknowledge these issues but right now we are working on X because Y” statement. Yes that exisits in posts somewhere but who the **** reads all of flamebate enough to find those. You can’t miss a blog post.

Keeping the userbase informed keeps them interested and, potentially, happier with sitting and waiting.

Dear Mr. SWEETIE,

Please note that the Official Forumwarz Blog has been recently updated: http://blog.forumwarz.com/2009/9/24/the-episode-3-development-podcast

I hope this has adequately addressed your inquiry. Would you be willing to answer a short (3 to 7 minute) survey regarding your customer experience today?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Ooh, here’s an idea.

How about they tweet when the blog’s updated? Then you won’t miss it!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Ooh, here’s an idea.

How about they tweet when the blog’s updated? Then you won’t miss it!

upvoted

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Shii Posted:

upvoted

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!