Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Serious question for logo buildrs and voters alike...

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

I’ve submitted my logo for this week’s build. I won’t tell you which one but I will say I’ve had a peek at the currently high-scoring one:

Let’s be honest, it isn’t exactly pleasing to look at, it contains copyrighted images, and it’s a very half-bumed attempt at a logo. But since it was the only one up before I uploaded my logo it was still the high scorer at 11. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen half-bumed entries go through unchallenged though, the museum of human stupidity contains just the text and a picture of George Bush’s gaping maw as it’s only other feature, as if to say “really the only logo you need is the URL you typed into your browser, anything else would just be an extravagance”

What can we do to stop this from happening?

Not a troll post.

drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 09/22/2009 5:23PM

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Since I made that, I’ll respond…

First out, it fit the forum a lot better when it was still Internet Fashionistas – the basic idea being that Internet fashion is somewhat removed from actual fashion, or good taste. The updated replacement isn’t faring too well and the original’s been declining slowly since the switchover. Yours (I think I can guess) fits the new theme better, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up winning.

It hasn’t gone entirely unchallenged, there were other entries that have since fallen away… as to the actual logo, maybe it’s not a shining example of inspired design, but I kinda like it. I’m probably almost certainly biased, but I do.

I could take exception to “half bumed”, if I wasn’t torn 50/50 between offence and agreement. Having made it, I’m aware of every step in its creation and know that it wasn’t just slapped together in 5 minutes. But looking at the end result I’m also aware that it kinda looks like it was.

Eh, voting will decide it one way or the other.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

man-man Posted:

Since I made that, I’ll respond…

First out, it fit the forum a lot better when it was still Internet Fashionistas – the basic idea being that Internet fashion is somewhat removed from actual fashion, or good taste. The updated replacement isn’t faring too well and the original’s been declining slowly since the switchover. Yours (I think I can guess) fits the new theme better, wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up winning.

It hasn’t gone entirely unchallenged, there were other entries that have since fallen away… as to the actual logo, maybe it’s not a shining example of inspired design, but I kinda like it. I’m probably almost certainly biased, but I do.

I could take exception to “half bumed”, if I wasn’t torn 50/50 between offence and agreement. Having made it, I’m aware of every step in its creation and know that it wasn’t just slapped together in 5 minutes. But looking at the end result I’m also aware that it kinda looks like it was.

Eh, voting will decide it one way or the other.

I’m glad you didn’t take my criticism too harshly Man-Man.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Oh wait, this is the internet, I forgot I’m supposed to be an anonymous ****wad. Err, hang on… ****male reproductive organ… nah, I’m not feeling it.

Logo’s really taken a beating since the change of forum name. As expected, but still… ouch.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

No, honestly. I’m glad you didn’t.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!