Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It Solution to the whole INCIT/Protivate problem.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

What duca said pretty much sums up what I would have liked to express. Except I’m sure I haven’t donated as much money as her, but still…

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

I concur the incit crackdown has to do with Protivate.

Of course they’re going to look after their bottom line. Why else censor Flamebate to logged out users? Why not go full NSFW with the game? Because as any good businessman knows more users = more $. There’s nothing he would like more than expand the number of people playing the game, even at the cost of losing a small fraction of “founding”/ traditional users. It I were a cynic, I’d say ‘watch, FWZ will lose its edge, bit by bit as it is amalgamated into a corporation’, but I’m not. I don’t blame them.

INCIT is broken by design and will not be fixed as long as people find trolling funny. The recycled pix get old and coming up with them feels more like work than play. People like things like downvoting raids/spamming because it wouldn’t be possible anywhere else. Administrators who receive mail spam and other things on other sites would flip out, permaban you, ban your IP address and insult you to your face. Here’s it’s more of a WTF! Seriously?! moment. (See F4). Fran’s solution is a good one. Keep FWZ what it is.

Cool post, duca, but I’ve tried to explain to them that we’re customers before and they just get all bent out of shape.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

as a casual experimenter with incit i can safely say it was a lot more fun when the pictures rotated more. It definitely seems like they aren’t cycling as much as they used to. i wonder if it’s because flickr integration appears to be replaced with images hosted on forumwarz domain.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

duca Posted:

JB: I would like to say that the reason I will no longer donate to your site is not because I can no longer spam the INCIT chat. That was not the point I was trying to make yesterday.

I have already expressed my views to CZ in private regarding what I perceived to be poor Customer Service relations previously. Since this correspondence was directly to ET I suppose you didn’t get the message.

It feels to me (and most likely more then a view other users) that you value your Protivate customers over the regular Forumwarz community. The recent over moderation of INCIT is not because of the FWZ community, is for the Protivate community. Once the Protivate users are moved to another room and/or things calm down we all know it will become a unmoderated zone once again.

You know what this whole situation says to me? “Duca, although you have spent large sums of money on this game we don’t care about you. We care about our new users who HAVE to pay us money. Not our current users who CHOOSE to pay us money. We are catering to our new users and don’t care about our old.” This most likely isn’t true but it’s how it feels.

I was upset because the way I have played this site since I started was suddenly ‘wrong’. I am suddenly a player who doesn’t “care about the site and only wants to ruin it”

When the Admin of a site tells me this I no longer wish to give him my money.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I believe you’re overstating the case.

Although the existence of our new iPhone app “protivated” me to start clamping down on INCIT spam, it was a long time coming. Now that I’ve seen how persistent a problem it is, I’ve decided to come down hard on it, and I can see how much it’s improved things for players. Since there are far more FWZ players than Protivate players affected by it — paying or not — they are the ones primarily receiving the benefit of having less spam in INCIT.

Yet, everyone’s just telling me to “separate Protivate from INCIT.” It should be obvious that I have no power to do so. So, with the tools available to me, for the time being, I’m moderating to the best of my abilities.

Every time money or the prospect of new users is brought up, the rhetoric immediately becomes ugly and accusatory. I think that’s unjustified. One one hand, you have players accusing us of being solely motivated by money, even though realistically the “overmoderation” of INCIT (though I consider it fair moderation) has a less than negligible affect on our bottom line. On the other hand, you’ve got people telling us that we should give precedence to people who have given us money, when our tack has always been that whether you paid or not, you get treated the same way here.

In other words, you play INCIT for free, just like anyone else. If you’ve purchased things before, of course we appreciate it, but we’re not going to give you license to break stated site rules at the expense of players past, present or future, nor at the expense of the admins who are trying to keep things running smoothly.

You got asked to stop spamming by an admin while in chat. The no-spamming rule has been around since early May. It’s rarely enforced, but it’s still a rule. And I believe I’m in my right to enact it when I’m trying to converse with other players.

I told you this in chat, but I’ll reiterate it here: Money isn’t everything. Following the rules is. I understand why you might feel indignant due to the timing of this campaign, but I’m still going to enforce our rules to the best of my abilities and I can’t apologize for that. If this means you (or anyone else) no longer wishes to donate money, there’s not much we can do about that.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Why’s flamebate censored for logged out users then? To, uh, enhance their experience? Or to, as ET has said, “improve” its image in the eyes of google and thus the public? Log in to see images! DarkDespair5 edited this message on 09/25/2009 10:57AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Why’s flamebate censored for logged out users then?

So that people Googling the site can find it. Before that happened, the terms thrown around here caused Google to hide it as offensive or something like that.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Why’s flamebate censored for logged out users then? To, uh, enhance their experience? Or to, as ET has said, “improve” its image in the eyes of google and thus the public? Log in to see images!

Who said it was coincidental? The timing’s perfect.

If I were into conspiracy theories, I could claim that the W-storm has gotten worse because trolls realize they now have the ability to hurt our bottom line. I don’t necessarily believe that. But calling us sellouts for taking basic steps to protect ourselves is just immature.

The point is, there’s no turning back. You have plenty of opportunities to troll on this site. Just not everywhere.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

lol, way to break the table.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

people have been doing wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and dear diary jackpot since forever. you just noticed it now because of the moderating

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Money isn’t everything. Following the rules is.

If you have enough money you don’t need to follow rules.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

If you have enough money you don’t need to follow rules.

This is actually true IRL, lol. Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Fingerz Posted:

This is actually true IRL, lol. Log in to see images!

I don’t think it is, otherwise I’d be immune to everything Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fran Posted:

I don’t think it is, otherwise I’d be immune to everything Log in to see images!

Come to America, then.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!