Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It Solution to the whole INCIT/Protivate problem.

Raepdog1988

Avatar: 65351 Mon Dec 01 17:36:56 -0500 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 22 Permanoob

“Moron”

Lee_Harvey_Oswald Posted:

apparently.

Thats the single worst idea ever. To have a fun app, running with a trolling game..

..thats more than a little oversight.

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Raepdog1988 Posted:

Thats the single worst idea ever. To have a fun app, running with a trolling game..

..thats more than a little oversight.

we think many of the same thoughts friend.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Can a moderator/admin please make a list of what constitutes “spamming”. I got banned because of a cultural refference that, though the person who voted me probably got it, an admin/moderator which name will remain covered, didn’t and thought I was spamming.

Please, I’m even making WWWWWWWWWWW entries but I’m starting to think of not playing again (thus not giving any of my money to you) if I don’t know what is proper to say.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

ChilePepino Posted:

Can a moderator/admin please make a list of what constitutes “spamming”. I got banned because of a cultural refference that, though the person who voted me probably got it, an admin/moderator which name will remain covered, didn’t and thought I was spamming.

Please, I’m even making WWWWWWWWWWW entries but I’m starting to think of not playing again (thus not giving any of my money to you) if I don’t know what is proper to say.

CZ Customer Service here. The following is bannable:

• Nonsense/gibberish/illegible strings of characters (obvious)

• Repeatedly and deliberately posting nonsensical, unrelated captions with the intent to derail or spoil the game by creating obvious “dump” entries*

• Repeatedly posting identical entries or variations of the same entry regardless of relevance

*Intent is of course harder to prove, when you see it over and over, it becomes pretty obvious.

You got caught for a combination of the second and third points. Not only was your caption irrelevant, but it had already won previously. Moreover, I witnessed you using that exact same caption in an earlier round that day; by repeating it, you’re making your identity obvious, which could be construed as an attempt at cheating.

I’m going to make one final clarification: INCIT is a captioning contest. That’s what we’re trying to enforce here. That means you have to make clever captions for the image presented to you.

Maybe the criticisms are right: Maybe INCIT’s format isn’t that funny after all. “Clever” doesn’t always mean “gut-bustingly funny.” It means you’re able to think abstractly and originally. It means you’re able to surprise the reader with something they didn’t think of, and summarize the concept in a witty, concise way.

One could argue that people find ”Log in to see images!” funny because it ****es off other players; it’s absurd/avant-garde/anti-humor; it’s a sort of FWZ reference that can be used in any situation. However, none of this is appropriate for a captioning contest that depends on wit.

The best part is, you don’t need to be born with any innate skills to be able to be good at this. You have to think about your entry. You can observe how other people do it. You can practice and see how people respond. That’s the “game” part of it — not just dumping nonsense and seeing how far you can go without getting banned.

I hope this answers your question.

Crotch Zombi-
e Customer S-
ervice

Avatar: 206876 2009-09-23 16:09:05 -0400

Level 1 Re-Re

Obsessed. (With providing excellent customer service!)

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

CZ Customer Service here. The following is bannable:

• Nonsense/gibberish/illegible strings of characters (obvious)

• Repeatedly and deliberately posting nonsensical, unrelated captions with the intent to derail or spoil the game by creating obvious “dump” entries*

• Repeatedly posting identical entries or variations of the same entry regardless of relevance

*Intent is of course harder to prove, when you see it over and over, it becomes pretty obvious.

You got caught for a combination of the second and third points. Not only was your caption irrelevant, but it had already won previously. Moreover, I witnessed you using that exact same caption in an earlier round that day; by repeating it, you’re making your identity obvious, which could be construed as an attempt at cheating.

I’m going to make one final clarification: INCIT is a captioning contest. That’s what we’re trying to enforce here. That means you have to make clever captions for the image presented to you.

Maybe the criticisms are right: Maybe INCIT’s format isn’t that funny after all. “Clever” doesn’t always mean “gut-bustingly funny.” It means you’re able to think abstractly and originally. It means you’re able to surprise the reader with something they didn’t think of, and summarize the concept in a witty, concise way.

One could argue that people find ”Log in to see images!” funny because it ****es off other players; it’s absurd/avant-garde/anti-humor; it’s a sort of FWZ reference that can be used in any situation. However, none of this is appropriate for a captioning contest that depends on wit.

The best part is, you don’t need to be born with any innate skills to be able to be good at this. You have to think about your entry. You can observe how other people do it. You can practice and see how people respond. That’s the “game” part of it — not just dumping nonsense and seeing how far you can go without getting banned.

I hope this answers your question.

Did this sufficiently answer your inquiry today?

If we all agree with this clarification, a Crotch Zombie admin can update the rules to reflect this.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

Wouldn’t work, neither of them would be funny.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Maybe the criticisms are right: Maybe INCIT’s format isn’t that funny after all. “Clever” doesn’t always mean “gut-bustingly funny.”.

You hit the nail riiiiiiiiiiiight on the head there.

It means you’re able to think abstractly and originally. It means you’re able to surprise the reader with something they didn’t think of, and summarize the concept in a witty, concise way.

Why aren’t memes also bannable then? They’re not original; they cause a ****storm on sites like 4chan and Urban Dictionary then spread to somewhere else. As a reader I rarely feel surprised whenever I see a meme. Yet it wins because memes make mouth-breathing retards laugh at an overused joke.

That’s what makes people like Orb and PhineasPoe good INCIT players overall, they knew how to be funny AND clever without using memes.

Fran edited this message on 09/23/2009 5:51PM

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

Fran Posted:

Why aren’t memes also bannable then? They’re not original; they cause a ****storm on sites like 4chan and Urban Dictionary then spread to somewhere else. As a reader I rarely feel surprised whenever I see a meme. Yet it wins because memes make mouth-breathing retards laugh at an overused joke.

That’s what makes people like Orb and PhineasPoe good INCIT players overall, they knew how to be funny AND clever without using memes.

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Fran Posted:

OH GOD I AGREE WITH THIS SO MUCH OMG I Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Fran Posted:

A meme is just a reference to a concept that other people might recognize. If you ban for making references to anything that’s ever existed, that’s a pretty slippery slope. Soon you’ll have to ban for using dictionary words. And then what do you get? “WWWW” will be the only allowable entry.

You’re not going to believe this, but some people have even claimed that Forumwarz itself occasionally makes use of internet memes in its own content. You might even say it’s one of the attractions of having a game that parodies the internet! Log in to see images!

So yeah. Banning for memes…that’s ridiculous. The day we ban for “You’re doing it wrong” is the day we ban for “JB is gay” jokes. It’s not gonna happen.

BTW, I’m not even going to point out the irony that someone who disdains “mouth-breathing retards” for laughing at an overused joke just bought an emoticon for ”Log in to see images!

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

has nobody noticed that youre all just arguing for the sake of arguing (not jb tho)

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

i mean really if you want to spend all of your time finding slight flaws in internet games use it for better use like join a political party or something

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Chawin Posted:

i mean really if you want to spend all of your time finding slight flaws in internet games use it for better use like join a political party or something

hahaha good point

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

So that means one has to be funny or gett banned? or that the cultural refference has to be about Oprah so everyone can understand it?

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

ChilePepino Posted:

So that means one has to be funny or gett banned? or that the cultural refference has to be about Oprah so everyone can understand it?

Apparently. Mine were relevant to the picture, but they weren’t funny to the untrained eye so I got banned.

That or they got bumhurt by the truth.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

CHALKONEUPTODALORD Posted:

Apparently. Mine were relevant to the picture, but they weren’t funny to the untrained eye so I got banned.

That or they got bumhurt by the truth.

are you kidding me? did you seriously got banned for that, it was actually a pretty funny winner.

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

ChilePepino Posted:

are you kidding me? did you seriously got banned for that, it was actually a pretty funny winner.

It was just “spamming” in the ban. I had two secret WWW entries or so (which last time I checked, two isn’t really “spam” ). I don’t really care either way, just sayin’.Log in to see images!

A meme is just a reference to a concept that other people might recognize. If you ban for making references to anything that’s ever existed, that’s a pretty slippery slope. Soon you’ll have to ban for using dictionary words. And then what do you get? “WWWW” will be the only allowable entry.

You’re not going to believe this, but some people have even claimed that Forumwarz itself occasionally makes use of internet memes in its own content. You might even say it’s one of the attractions of having a game that parodies the internet! Log in to see images!

So yeah. Banning for memes…that’s ridiculous. The day we ban for “You’re doing it wrong” is the day we ban for “JB is gay” jokes. It’s not gonna happen.

BTW, I’m not even going to point out the irony that someone who disdains “mouth-breathing retards” for laughing at an overused joke just bought an emoticon for ”Log in to see images!

1. WWWWW is a meme.

2. When pronouncing the letter ‘W,’ ones mouth is almost entirely closed.

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

also yeah jb, it’s excellent customer service to laugh at what people use their bp, for which they gave money to you.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

ChilePepino Posted:

also yeah jb, it’s excellent customer service to laugh at what people use their bp, for which they gave money to you.

Yeah, I just won’t be buying BPs anymore.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!