Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Smile Whinin' 'bout Itembuildr

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

man-man Posted:

So… almost everything in the Ideas section got -5ed pretty ****ing fast. And we’re left with a meta-entry that’s kinda ****.

Fun times.

Welcome to the buildr, and why most people agree that removing downvoting for a period of time would likely improve it.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

The big question is why nothing is being done about it, when even an admin pretty much admitted there needs to be changes.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

mterek Posted:

The big question is why nothing is being done about it, when even an admin pretty much admitted there needs to be changes.

Because EP3 is the priority

But we all know that it won’t be fixed.

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Fran Posted:

But we all know that it won’t be fixed.

Delaying Episode III by one day to make these changes is better than another month of mediocre items and topics full of complaints, IMV.

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

mterek Posted:

Delaying Episode III by one day to make these changes is better than another month of mediocre items and topics full of complaints, IMV.

Yes, but you can always stop making those topics. If they’re really that terrible, ET always has the option not to include them, or to make them exist only as the two IOU required ones and give them “max ego +1” or something lame.

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

nTerra Posted:

Yes, but you can always stop making those topics.

Perhaps, but why? As Fran said the problem isn’t going to go away, even after the Episode III items stop. For a while, hiding the stats encouraged more item creativity, but that hasn’t been the case for the last few weeks.

Since the items are part of Episode III, and Episode III has top priority, fixing itembuildr should be top priority.

nTerra Posted:

If they’re really that terrible, ET always has the option not to include them, or to make them exist only as the two IOU required ones and give them “max ego +1” or something lame.

Like what BobTheSqueakyWeasel said in another thread, that only punishes the winners. Who really needs to be cracked up are the downvoters and spammers.

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

mterek Posted:

Like what BobTheSqueakyWeasel said in another thread, that only punishes the winners. Who really needs to be cracked up are the downvoters and spammers.

I highly doubt that the winners wanted much more than a scoop and some Flezz if no real effort was put into making their winning entries. No loss. And until The Troutiest has some free time, there will be no major cracking down on anyone cheating in the endgame. It just doesn’t matter.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

mterek Posted:

There are actually many things which would only take ET a day to do which would improve things on the site. And if he did them all, Ep 3 would be delayed even more.

Itembuildr will no doubt get fixed after Ep3 goes to test. And the way it is now, more people get a chance to get the special peen because when entries are downvoted like they were today, so that none are left, a random entry will be picked and the person who submitted it will get a peen they would be unlikely to get otherwise (statistically speaking). So who says it’s all bad?

For the record, though, I would like to see downvoting removed, and INCIT rules applied to Itembuildr submissions, with mods having the power to remove irrelevant entries. I’ve even suggested such to the Task Force.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I have great disappoint.

My Itembuildr subs were in 1st/2nd place, and now they have been -5ed without any apparent further upvoting… well maybe some, but fortune has swung direly against me.

Damn it all.

Especially damn the current winning item sub. I do not like it, and it has roundly defeated me… damn it to hell.

man-man edited this message on 10/31/2009 9:00PM

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I feel your pain man-man. Also i felt it yesterday on image.

nTerra Posted:

I highly doubt that the winners wanted much more than a scoop and some Flezz if no real effort was put into making their winning entries. No loss. And until The Troutiest has some free time, there will be no major cracking down on anyone cheating in the endgame. It just doesn’t matter.

I also feel kinda sad for saying this… but I just wanted to participate in Ep.3.

Joseph of Suburbia edited this message on 10/31/2009 9:32PM

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Actually I’m starting to reconsider the itembuildr spams as being bad.

This just means the items for the “well written” items are going to be just that more powerful, aye? Tthe IOU’s should start to sell for a higher prices…

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Do we really need another monocle? Given that we already have Oversized Monocle, and Overly Complex Steampunk Monocle, adding “Monacle” [sic] just seems redundant. Log in to see images!

Also looking up the monocles led me to the list of Itembuildr items, where I added myself to the list as the designer of the pictures for the Viewmaster Goggles and the 4D Rubik’s cube. I’m hanging onto those IOUs because they’re for items I can use, but I do have them.

E: Maybe this is slightly premature, as Monacle hasn’t actually won yet… I should really give things a chance to not happen before I start complaining about them.

man-man edited this message on 11/07/2009 8:43AM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Whoa, wait – people actually PLAY itembuildr? It’s so ****ty, I just bumumed that nobody was using it. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!