Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho sexy question

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

i wonder what defines what a person thinks is physically attractive

how much of it is socially defined versus hard-coded in your own brain

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i wonder what defines what a person thinks is physically attractive

You are my new favorite person.

Exogon

Avatar: 68228 2009-11-05 09:03:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

From what I heard, it’s all about symmetry.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

That’s what you hear a lot as far as what makes someone’s face or body physically attractive, and I mean, it makes sense; humans like symmetry, in nature, architecture, body, etc.

I think the question more revolves around societal conventions of weight, height, intelligence, etc.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

I was watching a program called The Science of Sex Appeal yesterday on Discovery Channel and it was very good. I don’t remember too much of what it said though because it was long and it was late ):

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Bandaney Posted:

I was watching a program called The Science of Sex Appeal yesterday on Discovery Channel and it was very good. I don’t remember too much of what it said though because it was long and it was late ):

oh damnit, that sounds amazing

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Physical attraction is largely Darwinian – whatever characteristics mark a person out as either good at surviving, good at producing/rearing offspring or generally successful will be attractive. Although that does change with social change.

Back before food was so easily available, “generously proportioned” women were the ideal, because it showed you had enough to eat for yourself and enough to support a baby. Now that food is plentiful but free time for exercise is scarce, the new ideal is to be slim/toned.

Elizabethans would use lead makeup to make their faces white, because pale skin was a sign of wealth – not having to labour in a field all day. Now that most jobs are inside a tan is a sign of enough wealth to go on holiday, sunbathe etc.

Then there’s the various fetishes people have, which is either inbuilt or comes from your formative years or something Freudian like that.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

man-man Posted:

Physical attraction is largely Darwinian – whatever characteristics mark a person out as either good at surviving, good at producing/rearing offspring or generally successful will be attractive. Although that does change with social change.

Back before food was so easily available, “generously proportioned” women were the ideal, because it showed you had enough to eat for yourself and enough to support a baby. Now that food is plentiful but free time for exercise is scarce, the new ideal is to be slim/toned.

Elizabethans would use lead makeup to make their faces white, because pale skin was a sign of wealth – not having to labour in a field all day. Now that most jobs are inside a tan is a sign of enough wealth to go on holiday, sunbathe etc.

Then there’s the various fetishes people have, which is either inbuilt or comes from your formative years or something Freudian like that.

I’ve spent many hours trying to decipher the origin of all my personal sexual oddities. Formative stuff is crazy.

I agree with most everything you posted though. It’s largely unconscious yet societal constructs that determine beauty.

For instance, fat women are the ideal in Africa because it shows wealth and prosperity.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

I think Shii finds this thread sexy. Log in to see images!

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Fie Posted:

Send me your tubmails plz Log in to see images!

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Fie Posted:

I LOVE THESE KINDS OF DISCUSSIONS SO MUCH uggghhh

fascinating and intellectual stimulating goodness and eeee I love it

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

social-------------------------------------------------------own brain
                                                 ^^

more or less.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

to me, that is.

Women judge other women more harshly than men judge women, but most women don’t judge men too much by looks. For me, looks is like the 5th thing I care about (unless he’s fat then forget it).

Magazine beauty doesn’t translate well to real life, mostly because it’s not real in the first place.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

‘Attractive’ (what your own brain/heart/genitalia wants) and ‘beautiful’ (what society promotes as an ideal) are not the same, at least for me – there’s always a personality/attitude factor involved in attractiveness, so even a plain-looking person can be hot stuff in my eyes.

For example, people would generally agree that Megan Fox is beautiful, but I can think of plenty of people I know who I find more attractive.

Of course there’s a limit to all this – fugly is still fugly.

urgey

Level 28 Re-Re

My slim hairless body, full bum cheeks, and supple breasts make me very attractive.

Too bad I’m a male.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!