Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Request hey ET, please fix multiple ties in dom ASAP

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I’m reading ET’s post as: In the top two brackets, there will be a maximum of one medal per category, and in all other brackets there will be a maximum of three medals per category.

I hope I’m not wrong. Being wrong sucks.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Oops, I forgot brackets counted from 0. No ties in the top 3, as always. Up to 3-way ties in all other brackets.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Evil Trout Posted:

Oops, I forgot brackets counted from 0. No ties in the top 3, as always. Up to 3-way ties in all other brackets.

Well, since Pistachio is still unnerfed it’ll be pretty much impossible to build up a decent lead in the top brackets even for the best players simply because you only have a decent chance to win every three or four weeks. (Really, it’s bad game design that you can’t play every week with the alt you actually care about.)

It’s sooo much easier to tie for medals in lower brackets and as a result we’ll probably see a similar outcome as in the last season: the first half of the season doesn’t matter at all and a ****load of people tie for the endseason peens. Log in to see images!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Amasius Posted:

Well, since Pistachio is still unnerfed it’ll be pretty much impossible to build up a decent lead in the top brackets even for the best players simply because you only have a decent chance to win every three or four weeks. (Really, it’s bad game design that you can’t play every week with the alt you actually care about.)

It’s sooo much easier to tie for medals in lower brackets and as a result we’ll probably see a similar outcome as in the last season: the first half of the season doesn’t matter at all and a ****load of people tie for the endseason peens. Log in to see images!

The only alt I got in with had 9 Medals on the last week, but got a tie in a lower bracket for all 3 medals and snuck in. My main I care about and try every week yet with those extra choco scoops I still tend to fail as I am often in those top 3 brackets.

I still vote that top 3 brackets get 2 way ties while the rest get 3-way, to give people some sort of chance and to make playing hard the best option as opposed to hiding out in tying brackets and going for a sweep instead.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Evil Trout Posted:

That completely destroys the fun of being in top 3 brackets. How about awarding double medals to winnners in there?

Phuquit

Avatar: 164203 2010-11-10 22:19:30 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Troll

Call your Mother. Is it too much to ask

Evil Trout Posted:

Given that brackets 3 and up were only meant to have 2-way ties originally, might I suggest the following concession to players in the top 3 brackets?

In the event of a tie, one player is awarded a medal, either by a randomly-determined factor, or awarded to the player who first got themselves into pole position for that medal.

Twice in the last couple of months medals were voided in the top bracket due to unintentional ties (Malaise alts, and during Fiesta theme week).

It seems fair to me that if you’re going to increase the maximum potential medals in lower brackets to 9, then you should at least fix the top brackets so that they award a consistent 3 medals per round.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

I am curious as to the decision to make the ties 3-way as opposed to 2-way. I’ve seen a lot of discussion on various parts of this site, and the thought was pretty much universally to either leave it as described, (2 way except for the top three), or lessen or get rid of the distinction (make it two way across all brackets, make it two-way in the top 3 and three way in the others, no ties except in 0 medal brackets).

The problem, still, is that good play is punished, causing log-jams of people near the top of the leaders.

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

Catt although Posted:

I am curious as to the decision to make the ties 3-way as opposed to 2-way. I’ve seen a lot of discussion on various parts of this site, and the thought was pretty much universally to either leave it as described, (2 way except for the top three), or lessen or get rid of the distinction (make it two way across all brackets, make it two-way in the top 3 and three way in the others, no ties except in 0 medal brackets).

The problem, still, is that good play is punished, causing log-jams of people near the top of the leaders.

agreed. i’d also like to know what prompted this decision.

i appreciate ET ‘fixing’ it promptly but the 3-way ties are a bad idea. i’d rather have no ties at all than the current setup.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

tbh i think 3-way tie is still to many

in incit you can only tie 2 way

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!