Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Butthurt Parts of the games that are more than silly - they make no sense

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I know it’s just a game, suspend disbelief, whatever… but I was thinking about this the other day and there’s just absolutely not one iota of logical explanation to it.

Namely, who are these people sending you bicycles and Venus Demilo statues? How do they know even pwned a forum – all the members of the forum were “attacking” you – so how do they even know? And if they know, why would they care? I can not see any possible reason, like a person is just going to constantly lurk in some forum and be like “Oh, I hate this forum! I wish a troll would come along and pwn it!” Nobody would even lurk in a forum unless they were actually interested in reading it and liked it. Camwhores would be the one clbum I could see where it makes sense, just because guys go very special over girls on the internet, but it wouldn’t even be about the forum; it’d just be because he saw her pics and got a crush on the girl.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Don’t look for things to make sense on the internet.

Don’t look for things to make sense anywhere for that matter.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

It’s a game ffs, it’s not supposed to make sense.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

when would people actually be offended by you or ever get trolled by you

e: i mean us ofc im not allowed to point at people

cya edited this message on 09/05/2009 7:08PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It should make some sense. It’s not suppose to be a game about complete nonsense.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Chawin Posted:

when would people actually be offended by you or ever get trolled by you

e: i mean us ofc im not allowed to point at people

Actually internet trolling is something that actually happens. It’s not like a unicorn or something.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Johnny Mac Posted:

Don’t look for things to make sense on the internet.

Don’t look for things to make sense anywhere for that matter.

Why wouldn’t you?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Celerysteve Posted:

It should make some sense. It’s not suppose to be a game about complete nonsense.

Because being recruited to troll forums for money makes perfect sense.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Because being recruited to troll forums for money makes perfect sense.

Well there’s a good example. Read the thread title.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Oh by the way, cool subtle troll dude.

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Johnny Mac Posted:

Oh by the way, cool subtle troll dude.

Yeah good one, pot.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

A lot of aspects of the Forumwarz universe are pretty ridiculous. We usually try to come up with a feasible explanation for them, and if you stretch your imagination enough you can usually make it work. For that 10 percent of things that make no sense whatsoever, we just remember the tattoos.

Emo Kids can buy, equip, unequip and sell tattoos instantaneously over the internet. To our knowledge, nobody’s complained how absurd and impossible this is, whereas they might bring up a minor plot hole that we didn’t consider.

In these cases, you just have to laugh it off. It’s game logic, it requires suspension of disbelief, and sometimes it’s pretty funny.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

People from the internet are sending things to me.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

A lot of aspects of the Forumwarz universe are pretty ridiculous. We usually try to come up with a feasible explanation for them, and if you stretch your imagination enough you can usually make it work.

In this case, the stretching is on a Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Celerysteve Posted:

I can not see any possible reason, like a person is just going to constantly lurk in some forum and be like “Oh, I hate this forum! I wish a troll would come along and pwn it!”

I don’t see how that’s so unbelievable. Just swap “forum” for “blog” and it becomes a common occurrence – people hate someone’s blog but they can’t post in the comment section for some reason. Perhaps they’re locked from posting, are consistently banned, or are too scared to get singled out and scapegoated. So along comes someone who for some reason isn’t susceptible to the jerkface’s normal douchbaggery and that someone puts the jerk in his place.

When I posted on Anime News Network, I was consistently aggravating the columnist for “Answerman” for which I would often get PMs from people thanking me for my hard work. Sometimes the PMs were from established members of the community, other times someone signed up just to PM me a cheer. Take that, season with parodist hyperbole (actual “gifts” ) and you have the Forumwarz delivery system.

Celerysteve Posted:

Nobody would even lurk in a forum unless they were actually interested in reading it and liked it.

THE_**** loves pumping iron but hates the posters of “Fitness fabulous personry”. It takes one to know one…?

mterek edited this message on 09/05/2009 11:43PM

Celerysteve

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

A lot of aspects of the Forumwarz universe are pretty ridiculous. We usually try to come up with a feasible explanation for them, and if you stretch your imagination enough you can usually make it work. For that 10 percent of things that make no sense whatsoever, we just remember the tattoos.

Emo Kids can buy, equip, unequip and sell tattoos instantaneously over the internet. To our knowledge, nobody’s complained how absurd and impossible this is, whereas they might bring up a minor plot hole that we didn’t consider.

In these cases, you just have to laugh it off. It’s game logic, it requires suspension of disbelief, and sometimes it’s pretty funny.

Yeah tattoos are another example. What is with this repeated fallacy that two wrongs make a right? You repeated that concept – and you repeated my reference to “suspension of disbelief.”

How do I express that I find that to be, like, you know, very bad or whatever without trolling. I’m like being civil and stuff. JB is a cool guy.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I generally just chalk up all the ridiculousness to “meh, it’s a game”. And I leave it at that. Then again, I’m really not into the games that are all big on realism and life-mimicking situations.

burningpopsi-
cles

Avatar: 185740 Sun Jul 26 20:51:42 -0400 2009

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 31 Troll

“Permafail”

if games made sense, this would happen…

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Celerysteve Posted:

Yeah tattoos are another example. What is with this repeated fallacy that two wrongs make a right? You repeated that concept – and you repeated my reference to “suspension of disbelief.”

How do I express that I find that to be, like, you know, very bad or whatever without trolling. I’m like being civil and stuff. JB is a cool guy.

It’s been expressed and duly noted.

I bet I could find logic holes in your RPG if I really wanted to. But would I? No, no I wouldn’t.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

It’s been expressed and duly noted.

I bet I could find logic holes in your RPG if I really wanted to. But would I? No, no I wouldn’t.

Kinda funny how you are being trolled by CELERYSTEVE of all people and in CD.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!