Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion If God doesn't exist..

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Something I’d like to add: Most of us discussing ITT live or at least come from the western hemisphere and therefore were influenced by Christian beliefs. I just refuse to believe in something that some old men wrote down over 2000 years while tripping on mushrooms or whatever. Other cultures, especially Asian religions, keep telling me a different story, as do people from South America or tribes in Afrika.

Every early culture tried to explain how the world came into existence, which is fine, but this also makes all those theories exchangeable.

I respect faith in a god / gods / religious theory, but isn’t it a bit presumptuous to say one’s religion explains the creation of the universe and as long as you can’t prove me wrong?

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

MC Banhammer Posted:

I won’t be holding my breath for any future discoveries which would change widely-held current scientific beliefs, because history suggests that I will be dead long before that happens.

What you’re seemingly failing to realize is that your argument above could have been worded, 5000 years ago, as “The preponderance of evidence currently points to a Earth-centric solar system. It could be disproved by future discoveries. But I will not be holding my breath. Will you?” And it was only what, 4000 years later that this was first challenged in a meaningful way?

And when it comes right down to it, whether all objects move around the Earth, the sun, or most likely around a singular point, is irrelevant in my day-to-day life, and over the entire course of my life. Same thing with evolution. But my relationship with my Diety — that impacts me every minute of every day. Where do you suggest I put my energies?

I’ve only caught up this far in the thread, but I would like to earnestly emptyquote an amazing post. People’s dismissal of my “go watch pale blue dot” argument as a strawman were perfectly correct in logical terms, but the sooner you realize that the biggest and most important questions facing mankind operate outside of logical confines, the better off you’ll be.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 09/05/2009 4:42AM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

A faith in the logic of your own brain is no less flawed than a faith in a higher power.

Both are constructs of the human mind, and believing wholly in either without the acknowledgment of doubt or potential truth in the opposing viewpoint is the single most close-minded and narcissistic belief to have. Anyone not caught up in their own smug superiority, any with the slightest inkling of how complex and unknown our existence it, anyone with a true appreciation for just how improbable and miraculous our existence is will not waste his time trying to prove or disprove the existence of a higher being.

Those that seek out people of faith and try to bind them in logical constructs are nothing but braggarts and trolls, and the faux-intelligent front they put up is nothing more than a calculated and trite means to “win” internet arugements about the single-most prevalent question to plague mankind since the dawn of contemplative thought.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

What is going on in this thread this is the first time i have to tldr my own thread.

Anyway my thought about God is that he’s an artist or dreamer or something like that and so able to create something out of nothing.

OverclockedJ-
esus

Avatar: 16071 2010-02-06 15:55:38 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

A faith in the logic of your own brain is no less flawed than a faith in a higher power.

No it isn’t. But thanks for engaging in a performative contradiction, as well as not understanding what logic actually is.

Now you need to drop your ignorantly smug superiority complex, as it doesn’t suit you. Plus: it might get you banned again.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I’m getting a dejavu here

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

OverclockedJesus Posted:

it isn’t. But thanks for engaging in a performative contradiction, as well as not understanding what logic actually is.

Now you need to drop your ignorantly smug superiority complex, as it doesn’t suit you. Plus: it might get you banned again.

hehe I love love love that you’re so proud of “getting” me banned last time Log in to see images!

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I didn’t get you banned; you did it to yourself by trolling and ****ing off the mods. I’m simply reminding you that you shouldn’t behave in such a manner this time because you’ll most likely end up getting banned again. I’m trying to help you. I’m nice like that, y’see.

Moniker

Avatar: 132630 Thu Mar 26 18:33:33 -0400 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

This is not a troll, I just would like to point something out.

And read the comments.

Moniker edited this message on 09/05/2009 6:23PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Moniker Posted:

This is not a troll, I just would like to point something out.

And read the comments.

I mean, I could be wrong here, but I hear basically the same arguments from the atheists time and time again as well. (At least, the ones I have had discussions with.)

If you’re in a stalemate as far as “neither side is willing to change position” goes, then you’re going to run into the same arguments on either side, just repeated more and more vehemently. And sure, you could counter with “well, I would utilize more varied arguments against the Christians if they provided more arguments, but they only use the same ones,” but really I could counter the same way.

It’s just cyclical.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

All religious arguments go like this

Christian: *States reason for gods existant*

Atheist: Says theres no evidence

Christian: Spouts some random ****

Atheist: Spouts random ****

Christian: HOW DID UNIVERSE START THEN? CAN’T MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING

Atheist: THEN WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?

Christian: More Random ****

Atheist: More Random ****.

Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Sort of. Depends how you clbumify random ****. Some may call a random piece of **** they spout a logical conclusion. It’s really all just different areas of Philosophy and Theology, the snag being that some people who partake in it have absolutely no knowledge in either field, and so really do end up spouting random ****e. Such as a Creationist on YouTube who claimed that science is wrong, reasoning being that because DNA contains acid, and that acid burns, it would melt us all if we were full of it.

****ing hell, if people can’t even grasp basic Chemistry, what makes them think they can wrap their heads around Philosophy?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Drakodan Posted:

Such as a Creationist on YouTube who claimed that science is wrong, reasoning being that because DNA contains acid, and that acid burns, it would melt us all if we were full of it.

AHAHAHAHahahahahaha

I am actually laughing irl, that’s one of the best arguments I’ve ever heard.

I’m totally going to use that just to **** off an atheist.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

The people in the video are taking the ****, but everything they say comes from creationist postings around the place. (Edit: relevant because the acid thing is in there, alongside some other real gems)

man-man edited this message on 09/05/2009 9:33PM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

OverclockedJesus Posted:

I didn’t get you banned; you did it to yourself by trolling and ****ing off the mods. I’m simply reminding you that you shouldn’t behave in such a manner this time because you’ll most likely end up getting banned again. I’m trying to help you. I’m nice like that, y’see.

I openly troll constantly in CD and most of the mods know this. Thanks for the help though m8 Log in to see images!

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I openly troll constantly in CD and most of the mods know this. Thanks for the help though m8

And look where it got you. Oh well—I tried to help.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

OverclockedJesus Posted:

look where it got you. Oh well—I tried to help.

I already said thanks what more do you want?

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

A McLaren-Mercedes SLR would be nice.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

OverclockedJesus Posted:

A McLaren-Mercedes SLR would be nice.

please don’t troll

OverclockedJ-
esus

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

That’s not trolling. You asked a question. I answered it.

Now let’s see you repeat your mistake of before and report non-trolling posts. Then you’ll get banned. Again. And I’ll laugh. Why? Because you won’t have learned from your mistake.

OverclockedJesus was banned for this post by Nicco

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!