Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fix It So apparently someone is downvoting everything

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I missed voting today because of work, but I come back and there’s only one image and one item left…

It’s only been two hours.Log in to see images!

Holly Waits

Avatar: 205919 Mon Sep 07 08:40:25 -0400 2009

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

i didnt submit anyhting for this itembuildr (didnt even realise it had reset!) but when i went to vote, the highest rated item and photo had a -1 rating! i think maybe if people that submit stuff are not allowed to vote, to be fairer or something!!

xx

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

All 85 (or whatever — Excrebot’s broken again) descriptions have been downvoted into oblivion!

I hope I’m the lucky 1/85 who gets randomly picked so I can get the peen that way!

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Some of those were actually pretty funny. I definitely liked the one that said it was powered by The Force. Log in to see images!

HackerOnHack-
er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I didn’t even see any of them, and I was like ‘wut.’

Blazephlozard

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

“Sorry, there are no ideas for you to vote on.”

Beautiful. Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

My image was the image that got downvoted to -5 already, I new it wasn’t going to win with it but I wanted to have some fun Log in to see images! Johnny Mac edited this message on 09/11/2009 7:22PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Johnny Mac Posted:

My image was the image that got downvoted to -5 already, I new it wasn’t going to win with it but I wanted to have some fun Log in to see images!

You’re wasn’t the only one.

Not mine (I didn’t submit), but a lot of others.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

MC Banhammer Posted:

You’re wasn’t the only one.

Not mine (I didn’t submit), but a lot of others.

Oh I only saw 3 subs late in the night, guess a few more got thrown in while I wasn’t looking.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Image submitting was broken, must have gone broken some time after 3 people put one in. I know I added one after it came back up, and that’s been -5ed. Amuses me how, looking at the ones that are left, we used essentially the same source material – (one of the survivors is using a free “Dr Seuss style” font that I decided against, the cover of Green Eggs and Ham is evident in all of them for obvious reasons)

I liked mine… but it seems only 2 people agreed before it got wiped out by downvotes Log in to see images!

Edit: I look back, and now only one is left. At least there were 3 there when I looked in to vote…

I know the suggestion is an old one, but given the low numbers of image submissions (and the separated submission/voting periods), do we really need downvoting as a filter?

Allowing people to vote up, down or pbum means you can make an effective difference of 2 between one you like and one you hate, could preserve that by leaving the system as it is but uncapping negative scores. As it is, 6 quick downvotes can deny everyone else the ability to even see a submission – if the low scorering subs weren’t removed it would at least give it a chance at a comeback

man-man edited this message on 09/11/2009 8:23PM

sONic-GReMLiN

[WeChall]

Level 13 Hacker

“Ohacku”

I rather grown custiom to my item ideas being -6ed yeah sure I lack imagination but the hightest voted items are at like +7

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

man-man Posted:

Image submitting was broken, must have gone broken some time after 3 people put one in. I know I added one after it came back up, and that’s been -5ed. Amuses me how, looking at the ones that are left, we used essentially the same source material – (one of the survivors is using a free “Dr Seuss style” font that I decided against, the cover of Green Eggs and Ham is evident in all of them for obvious reasons)

I liked mine… but it seems only 2 people agreed before it got wiped out by downvotes Log in to see images!

Edit: I look back, and now only one is left. At least there were 3 there when I looked in to vote…

I know the suggestion is an old one, but given the low numbers of image submissions (and the separated submission/voting periods), do we really need downvoting as a filter?

Allowing people to vote up, down or pbum means you can make an effective difference of 2 between one you like and one you hate, could preserve that by leaving the system as it is but uncapping negative scores. As it is, 6 quick downvotes can deny everyone else the ability to even see a submission – if the low scorering subs weren’t removed it would at least give it a chance at a comeback

Which one was yours?

As far as image submissions go, I can’t say I agree – it’s not always a case of being between two items that someone hates. For the Corset of Quantum Uncertainty, there were two entries after the first day and those entries went up into the 20+ vote range, they never stayed low. You’d think when there’s two entries someone would upvote one, then downvote the other, but in that case people liked both images enough to upvote both and it was a tight race right through the end.

More people tend to vote on images than on items (based on my scores from the past couple days), and since it takes so much effort to make an image I’d say the voting more accurately reflects what they truly like. For items, people are always downvoting like mad because they want their item to win. There’s no conflict of interest if they don’t have an image uploaded.

I don’t think removing the cap would make a difference for images.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

I bumume we’re allowed to say which ours was after it’s been removed… can’t see how there’d be any potential for voting chicanery.

bumuming that, mine was this

My guess is that people preferred the ones with the image replaced with troll themed stuff, understandable I suppose.

and it’s always puzzled me how people seem to upvote both subs when there’s only 2 left… supporting both means your net effect on the standings is zero, might as well pbum on both or downvote both. The only reason I can see for it would be to help them stay clear of the -5 oblivionhole.

man-man edited this message on 09/11/2009 9:56PM

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

I came in one hour before the voting ended, and saw nothing to vote on.

Then, this “won”:

Kommodore K64

This is famous Russian home komputer from the 80’s with powerful 64 KByte RAM and 1.02 MHz CPU. You can do everything with it, thanks to 8-bit processor. Comes in applicatory plastic case. Also has integrated keyboard.

I don’t know by which criteria it was selected. Perhaps it had the most upvote? Perhaps it was the last one to be voted down? Or perhaps it was just selected randomly by chance?

One think that… troubles… me a bit is the fact that the item was from Aldo_Anything.

No, I have nothing against him, especially after he friended me a few days ago. And the submission was okay, I’d give it a simple pbum. But the fact that he is a moderator is… troubling.

So, by which criteria did it win, again?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

if every submission is killed, then a random one wins. there is no judging based on upvotes / downvotes etc. if there’s a tie of ANY kind in itembuildr, it is broken by selecting a random entry.

ghax edited this message on 09/12/2009 5:17PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Kittysan Posted:

I came in one hour before the voting ended, and saw nothing to vote on.

Then, this “won”:

I don’t know by which criteria it was selected. Perhaps it had the most upvote? Perhaps it was the last one to be voted down? Or perhaps it was just selected randomly by chance?

One think that… troubles… me a bit is the fact that the item was from Aldo_Anything.

No, I have nothing against him, especially after he friended me a few days ago. And the submission was okay, I’d give it a simple pbum. But the fact that he is a moderator is… troubling.

So, by which criteria did it win, again?

ghax Posted:

if every submission is killed, then a random one wins. there is no judging based on upvotes / downvotes etc. if there’s a tie of ANY kind in itembuildr, it is broken by selecting a random entry.

Yes, it gets selected randomly. I remember when ghax and I both had votes of 13 on a tattoo or book – and he won Log in to see images!

So, no priviledge for mods.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Aldo_Anything Posted:

Yes, it gets selected randomly. I remember when ghax and I both had votes of 13 on a tattoo or book – and he won Log in to see images!

Aldo’s tattoo was good too. Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Kittysan Posted:

Kommodore K64

This is famous Russian home komputer from the 80’s with powerful 64 KByte RAM and 1.02 MHz CPU. You can do everything with it, thanks to 8-bit processor. Comes in applicatory plastic case. Also has integrated keyboard.

C64 was p cool imo. I used to have one. It gave me nightmares Log in to see images!

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Aldo_Anything Posted:

It’s good to hear that. I hope you won’t mind, Aldo. As I said, I have nothing against you or that submission in particular. But when a person in power get selected by supposedly randomized process, it will surely raise suspicion.

Some people aren’t thinking the same thing, though.

Oh, and by the way, since it is random, is it possible for it to pick a really bad and/or spam submission? That would be terrible. Besides, that can be abused by one guy using 6+ downvoting alts, all submitted nonsense. Or a klan…

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Kittysan Posted:

Oh, and by the way, since it is random, is it possible for it to pick a really bad and/or spam submission? That would be terrible. Besides, that can be abused by one guy using 6+ downvoting alts, all submitted nonsense. Or a klan…

Yes. I think Trout or Bootyhole wouldn’t stand for a wwwwwwwwwww getting published though, so the ultimate pick in that case would be at their discretion.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!