Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin so who else likes buildr, fundamentally?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think there should be a limit to the number of votes that can be cast, not just submissions. As I’ve read, there used to be unlimited submissions, and I feel unlimited voting is just a relic of that time.

If we limit the number of votes cast, that forces people to only downvote the entries they really really hate, and upvote the entries they really really love.

IMV, since the number of submissions is related to buildr score, I think it should be a multiple of either that score or the number of submissions/week.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

mterek Posted:

I think there should be a limit to the number of votes that can be cast, not just submissions. As I’ve read, there used to be unlimited submissions, and I feel unlimited voting is just a relic of that time.

If we limit the number of votes cast, that forces people to only downvote the entries they really really hate, and upvote the entries they really really love.

IMV, since the number of submissions is related to buildr score, I think it should be a multiple of either that score or the number of submissions/week.

this is in the same vein as “remove downvoting, thus pbum and upvote are the only options thus there is no pruning and all options are always visible if you look”

That has not come to pbum in many months, I bet the same is this one

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

I don’t agree. So long as the number of votes someone can cast is at the very least a multiple of either their buildr score or total submissions (better IMV) people still have plenty of ammunition to downvote forums they hate. If people hate everything, well, they should save their votes to hit on the forums they hate the most.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

mterek Posted:

I don’t agree. So long as the number of votes someone can cast is at the very least a multiple of either their buildr score or total submissions (better IMV) people still have plenty of ammunition to downvote forums they hate. If people hate everything, well, they should save their votes to hit on the forums they hate the most.

I suggested this same idea about 6 months ago. Nothing has changed.

gimpnipples

Avatar: 204949 Sat Sep 05 13:42:35 -0400 2009

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Fortunato Posted:

See the current submission list, complete with table breaking giant images. Not to mention that sometimes the images and videos in question get removed. How does the forum look when they are?

Uhhh….like a real forum?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

At the very least, when the gameplay update launches, large images will have previews. Eventually we’d like to be able to host images on our site, so that should help as well. But it’ll be a while until that’s available.

Doesn’t stop dead links, but then again, people will always be able to post URLs that lead nowhere.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

At the very least, when the gameplay update launches, large images will have previews. Eventually we’d like to be able to host images on our site, so that should help as well. But it’ll be a while until that’s available.

Doesn’t stop dead links, but then again, people will always be able to post URLs that lead nowhere.

Like http://www.forumwarz.com ?

Sarcasm Inc edited this message on 09/04/2009 11:15PM

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

There should be an option for people to propose edits to pre-existing forums in that case. I’ve noticed in some item descriptions and forum descriptions spelling errors or copy/paste mistakes. Plus the broken links and YouTube videos, that would allow us to just add some more polish to the user submitted content. Heck, we could even ask the original authors if there’s an error they feel should be fixed.

Though, dead links in parody forums sort of adds to the appeal…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!