Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant ForumWarz around the world - questions and suggestions

Persiflage

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

OK, so the vanilla rules have changed. Fair enough, I get it. However, there’s a problem with that and other things that I’d like to bring up – and as this isn’t solely (or even mostly) about the vanilla scoops per se I thought I’d bring it up separately.

Non-US ForumWarz players are being disenfranchised even more by the vanilla nerf than they already were. Does Crotch Zombie care? Maybe not – that’ll depend on how many people from vastly disparate time-zones are playing – but I’m willing to wager 100 vanila scoops I’ll never see again that the second-largest population (albeit probably by an enormous margin) is in the UK, and some of us are helping to subsidise this shindig.

I can’t take part in vanilla runs because they invariably take place in the late evening, US time. There is no realistic way to win at Domination without taking part in said raids, even after the nerf. Not only that, but even if I *could* take part in a raid during the week (or do what others have done and rig up a bot-vs-bot gambling session for Antifreeze scoops) I’m still screwed because the timing for the end of the game when everyone plays their cards and strives to take the upper hand is also at a ludicrous hour for me.

Domination, as of the change, may as well not exist for me; it was pretty damn hard to get anywhere before and it’s impossible now. I can’t be the only one in this situation.

So, CZ guys, what are the chances of you staggering rollover times, Domination endings and the like by time zone? Failing that, is it likely that you’ll introduce some features that aren’t so damn time-dependent to give those of us in far-flung and little-known islands an opportunity to do something long-term productive with our forum visits?

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Why are you in a klan that raids so late?

Flava Flav

Level 10 Troll

Yeah Boyeee!

Same here, Domination ends at 02:00 AM for me while I have to go to work the next day er.. same day I mean.

I wish they could make European Brackets and stick all of us with roughly the same timezones together.

bum_Leader

[WTF]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Stop whining. I am from ****ing Russia.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Yeah, and she’s asking for a change that would help you as well.

p.s. seriously I don’t know what this talk of bot-on-bot gambling is, the game plays fast enough without it. Unless Crovax is doing it, since he’s the only one I can immediately think of who has been pulling more AF scoops than me.

bum_Leader

[WTF]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sancdar Posted:

Nope, she’s just whining. Rollover hours will always be inconvenient for somebody. And “different time for different timezones” is not only a very dumb idea, but highly exploitable too.

Sancdar Posted:

p.s. seriously I don’t know what this talk of bot-on-bot gambling is, the game plays fast enough without it.

Yes, but it’s so damn boring… Not that it is a bad thing. I think we need more ways to score scoops that are a) mind-boggingly boring, b) extremely self-degrading or c)**** other players off.

Persiflage

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

bum_leader Posted:

Sancdar Posted:

Nope, she’s just whining.

I’m lost in admiration for your well-chosen nickname, I must say.

bum_leader Posted:

Rollover hours will always be inconvenient for somebody.

There’s “inconvenient” and then there’s “practically impossible”. Here’s the thing; the developers are asking for money. You don’t have to pay them to play the game through – yet – but they need money in order to keep this popsicle stand open. More elements of the game open to more people is likely to generate more revenue; the Domination experience is pretty addictive and a good hook to get people to sign up for spending a little money but if it’s not practical to join in they’re going to miss out on customers. If they get plenty of paying customers, everyone wins.

bum_leader Posted:

And “different time for different timezones” is not only a very dumb idea, but highly exploitable too.

Oh, how so? You can’t transfer anything of value between accounts. If you register a time-zone with your account, that’s when you get your rollover times and whatnot; the problem could be addressed for lots of people simply by running two Domination games in parallel; one finishing twelve hours later than the other. Your characters can be in one or the other and it’s up for you to choose.

Likewise on the timezone front, a related request: many forums that I visit allow the option to view post times adjusted for your locality. That’d be nice.

bum_leader Posted:

I think we need more ways to score scoops that are a) mind-boggingly boring, b) extremely self-degrading or c)**** other players off.

You should have been a Troll, hun.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!