Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Petition to preserve Fran is Fat

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

Shii Posted:

Honestly, while I got a lot of chocolate a lot faster than I usually did, I would get 200+ a week from buildr as it used to be anyway.

At least you were making an effort to win them. Not just repeatedly sending the same thing over and over and get votes because of the bandwagon juggernaut.

Shii Posted:

I quit playing ForumBuildr when I got 19 submissions in to a single forum one week, and then 9 the next using only half my submissions. It’s too easy when you have a crapload of submissions at your disposal and it’s not fun playing something that’s broken.

Even with crapload of submissions, you still have to send good ideas to win. Send crap, and it’ll be flushed down. Again, I’m talking about efforts here. I don’t think anyone mind good ideas winning, even though they’re ideas sent by one guy.

As a regular Forum/Itembuildr submitter, my only concerns are about those two points. I’ll leave other points to Log in to see images!.

Edit: Remove what could be considered vote whoring.

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:06PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Kittysan Posted:

Oh, just for the record, Just Another Generic Itembuildr Tattoo hasn’t win… yet. Guess whose idea is that? Log in to see images!

Wow, and you get mad at us for making fun of something broken?

Hypocritical much?

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Catt although Posted:

One thing that may have been brought up as a joke, but which might actually be a good idea is to make this forum a “level 37” – make it so hard as to not be regularly used, and then only by people who have been here a reasonable amount of time.

I third this. Let the old players who contribute to it have fun with it. And at that difficulty, it won’t interfere with Domination that much.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Shii Posted:

Wow, and you get mad at us for making fun of something broken?

Hypocritical much?

Making fun of something is one thing, abusing the whole system to make fun of it is another.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Kittysan Posted:

won’t interfere with Domination that much.

Ha ha, you clearly have no idea how anchors work with dom.

A powerful forum that few players can beat and therefore hold? It’ll be the next big thing in long-term forums, making it the perfect anchor for solo vanilla

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Kittysan Posted:

Making fun of something is one thing, abusing the whole system to make fun of it is another.

no see, your earlier post could easily be construed as votewhoring.

ZomBiggie Sm-
alls

Avatar: 186903 Fri Jun 19 15:58:57 -0400 2009

Level 24 Troll

Life After Death

reppin buildrs off tha hook

check it, look

fran aint no crook

fat + forum iz all it took

****s cash, dont let it stop

make them subs pop

dont make dis a flop

keep it real fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society

real, ya feel

cut you a deal

sit back, relax, talk about wheels

i got some chill **** for ya n its a steal

i gotta get back

from the numba one mac

stay chill, peace, love, and crack

Kittysan Posted:

If any time we want to draw attention to something that’s wrong we have to abuse it to get the admins to pay attention, then so be it.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Master_Troll Posted:

A powerful forum that few players can beat and therefore hold? It’ll be the next big thing in long-term forums, making it the perfect anchor for solo vanilla

I do know how anchors work. How do you think I get all those medals?

What I mean is, let the powerful players compete among others for using it as an anchor. And let other less-powerful players compete for lower level anchors. And since it’s so high, it won’t affect low-level pistachio streaks, and only affect high-level competition, hence the “won’t interfere with Domination that much.”

Fortunato Posted:

no see, your earlier post could easily be construed as votewhoring.

I’ve removed it. Happy now?

If not, I’m going to drop that idea and never submit it again.

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:17PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I think you really take this game too seriously. This isn’t trolling, I just think you’ll enjoy your time on this game if you keep in mind that a lot of it is flawed and open to abuse and not expect it to be foolproof and fair.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Shii Posted:

I think you really take this game too seriously. This isn’t trolling, I just think you’ll enjoy your time on this game if you keep in mind that a lot of it is flawed and open to abuse and not expect it to be foolproof and fair.

perfect

Edit: Also, bear in mind that user subbed things like the buildrs are extremely difficult to do well and fairly, and that people will complain no matter what happens. It’s always been that way.

Fortunato edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:19PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Also as to the huge amount of whining about my “insurmountable and broken” choco score, 8 bumholes and a few shotguns are an easy way to take care of that, as has just been demonstrated on me. The thing is, a commanding 200 scoop lead on Sunday basically means male reproductive organ. If it was a commanding 200 scoop lead ten minutes before round end on Wednesday, then that’s a different matter.

EDIT: My current streak is 14, also, (after using 12 visits yesterday). So now we can measure how well slightly broken chocolate stacks up to pistachio.

Shii edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:21PM

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Shii Posted:

Maybe, but the Internet is a serious business, isn’t it? Log in to see images!

And yes, I know it’s not foolproof, because fools are ingenious.

I expect it to be fair, or at least as fair as possible, though.

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:29PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Kittysan Posted:

I expect it to be fair, or at least as fair as possible, though.

???

It is fair. Barring illegal alts, everyone gets the same number of votes, and started with the same number of submissions. How much fairer could it be?

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

Well… You’re right. Log in to see images!

Still, something should be implemented to prevent such a thing from happening again. Your idea of submission deadline might be a good way.

Kittysan edited this message on 08/31/2009 3:39PM

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

Fie Posted:

Because of the nonsensical nature of the forum, it seems very likely that it’ll be removed by the administration. But what is forumbuildr? It is a democratic device designed to build forums. Key word: democratic. We, the undersigned, the users, would like to make it clear that we support this forum. It’s hilarious and fun.

No, it is not ‘hilarious and fun’. Those words are used for describing something that is good.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Shii Posted:

And yet that’s exactly what this week’s forum is in “protest” of, right? Not, you know, abusing the system for the sake of abusing it or anything.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Master_Troll Posted:

Actually there are plenty of forums now that anchor just fine. I rarely even use the 35s anymore.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Catt although Posted:

Actually there are plenty of forums now that anchor just fine. I rarely even use the 35s anymore.

Yeah and with the low turnover we see atm you don’t really need anchors anyway. Also the level 30-35 forums aren’t good anchors because people grind them for job points.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I still don’t see why one week out of a hundred others makes that much of a difference. I think you all just needed somthing to complain about. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!